Does anyone now much about this white zed?

Luke0549

If you can afford the trip then go for it, as others say it might drive well. But from the photos the seller hasn't exactly been up front about the problems with the car. If I was the seller I'd have mentioned that the cubby lid is slightly broken and that (from the looks of it) the boot solenoids may be broken. The car may drive well, but I wouldn't trust the seller, which may mean impending problems down the line. Just my opinion though.

but I dont see where this "abused" thing is coming from.

That's what the op told us.....'ragged' :shrug:

Again though, he is making assumptions based on pics.

My car was fairly modified, and had blemishes. But I would never describe it as ragged. :shrug:

but I dont see where this "abused" thing is coming from.

That's what the op told us.....'ragged' :shrug:

Again though, he is making assumptions based on pics.

My car was fairly modified, and had blemishes. But I would never describe it as ragged. :shrug:

Neither had the seller of this one....however the op has come to the same conclusion as most of the rest of us must by looking at the pics.

It says a lot about an owner who would shell for all those mods yet not bother to sort a dirty great gaping hole in the seat.

It's a non GT , import, no leather, no cc or radio controls, minging alloys, bump on the back, broken bits here and there and a load of mods with nearly 100k on the counter.....talk about a nail to move when you want rid!

There are so many nice ones for 6-7k these days that are miiiiiiles better!

Yeah I know it's a bad example. But I was just originally posting to see if the car was known to the forum. If it had been a yeah the cars been on here for years, never been raced or abused, engine sounds good etc etc. then I would have gone to see it.

But not anymore. Unless its was 3.5, even then old still be wanting a full tank of petrol, fresh mot and tax etc.

I've a thing for white ones, but at the end of the day I decided it was more important to have a car that was mechanicly sound in as good condition as possible than have one in the exact colour I wanted, and the red is very sexy and reasonably rare ;)

guess you could say the same for my zed really..dirty great big scratch on the bonnet giant dent in passenger door...dirty....would look abused to anyone but i spare nothing come the engine, cars never been near redline under load and runs great

i had to buy another door and bonnet because i knew would never sell it like that at the moment with all zeds that are out there currently!

Cosmetics are quite dear on the zed and some people these days cant seem to justify to pay it..but if you know a few people can get it sorted pretty cheap..if i put my zed up for sale today on here you would all say 4k max cos of damage..if i fixed it you would say 7-8k

i paid £100 for bonnet and £200 for complete door (looked for well over 7 months though)

OP could be a bargain if you haggle him down under 5k...if you dont mind little project can be as you want for not a lot much more money

though that k&n does look iffy! mine looks nothing like that :scare:

check engine history and usual wear and tear items to see what state its in

It's a non GT , import, no leather, no cc or radio controls, minging alloys, bump on the back, broken bits here and there and a load of mods with nearly 100k on the counter.....talk about a nail to move when you want rid!

Lets see, I personally prefer the cloth and the normal steering wheel, the alloys are better than all standards except the Rays, white is a very rare colour and 100K isnt massive for a 2003 car ....... it may even still be in Km's, in which case its actually pretty low mileage. :)

Maybe thats why this one is being offered at £5K then? :shrug:

Im not saying its bargain of the century by any means but I dont see where all the hatred is coming from? :console:

Lets see, I personally prefer the cloth and the normal steering wheel, the alloys are better than all standards except the Rays, white is a very rare colour and 100K isnt massive for a 2003 car ....... it may even still be in Km's, in which case its actually pretty low mileage. :)

Maybe thats why this one is being offered at £5K then? :shrug:

Im not saying its bargain of the century by any means but I dont see where all the hatred is coming from? :console:

Dude its not hatred.....its a car that this guy is struggling to shift at 5k. Its at the absolute arse end of the market (taking Zed values in to new levels of dross - there are FTO's selling for this price!).

At a guess (and its a guess before anyone starts squeaking) it needs a grand of work to get it looking nice and niggles sorted......why not spend a grand extra buying the car and get something thats less akin to lightly tapping a mousetrap with your pecker.

£950 more gets you this

http://www4.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... ?logcode=p

I go back to my original point - my view is that you can tell a lot about a person and a car about how well its looked after - this guy and/or previous owners clearly care more about mods than they do in maintaining the fabric of the car (i.e the seat having a hole the side of the Kimberly Diamond Mine in the bolster).

This car will be difficult to shift if you buy it......thats just an absolute fact.

You may like no leather, no toys, minging alloys (each to their own) but the world at large would be looking for a leather, GT pack, UK if possible in a relatively stock state.

I don't know where all this positivity is coming from! We've absolutley pulverised better cars than this for having the slightest problem! This looks like its dropped off 'Fast and the Furious Grimsby Drift' and we're all having a sex wee about it!

Perhaps its the white rarity thing?

If you can be bothered then go have a look but personally I just wouldn't bother my arse and I'd save another grand.

For me it would be what has he replaced, for exmple, clutch, gear box, suspension problems. If he's spent as much on them as the rest of the car then it'd be worth a look.

My zed at the minute looks awefull after a few bad mishaps and jsut being unlucky really. However it's had a fortune spent on it replace a lot of things.

But then he doesn't say this, only way is to ring him or go see it :shrug:

Now that looks nice and I really cant believe you can get one like that for less than £6k these days. If I was the OP id be looking at that one instead!

As for people saying the white ebay one is crap or not, personally id reserve judgement until I had a look at it in the flesh and spoke to the seller. Sure, he may be some 17 year old chav, or on the other hand he could be an enthusiast who has lavished loads of time & effort on it.

All very true. I'd consider buying a car in that condition from someone who was honest enough about every fault it had. I just get the impression (based purely on what I can tell from the advert) that he's not been totally honest about it all. Little things like the broom handle holding up the boot and the cubby lid etc should all be mentioned and photographed clearly IMO.

As I said though, if travelling isn't an issue, go for it. Maybe try and check out some others en route to make the trip more worthwhile!

Good luck either way!

The OP can give me £5k and I'll give him a bag of spanners.........probably a better deal. ;)

Or he could go and see this, get a few quid knocked off and have an ever better deal.

Aside from the scratch & the seat theres not a great deal wrong with it

How anyone could dismiss a car from a few pictures & a slightly shoddy write up, tbf the ad isn't that bad compared to some I've seen :lol:

Its a 10 year old car, it isn't gonna be perfect.

Ofcourse we should all wait for that immaculate 08 plated, 5K miles, fully loaded Z thats due on sale for a quid any time soon

2nd hand cars are all about compromise, which aspects do you want to comprise on and thats different for everyone :) some people focus on a colour, some people are extremly niggly about the slightest mechanical details etc etc.

Work out what it is you really want and what it is you dont, (you should obv include price in that catagory! are you bothered about paying a bit extra to get what you want or is the cost a rigid limit) once your sure then stick to your guns and dont compromise, just dont expect to get everything on your list at the price you want!

2nd hand cars are all about compromise, which aspects do you want to comprise on and thats different for everyone :) some people focus on a colour, some people are extremly niggly about the slightest mechanical details etc etc.

Work out what it is you really want and what it is you dont, (you should obv include price in that catagory! are you bothered about paying a bit extra to get what you want or is the cost a rigid limit) once your sure then stick to your guns and dont compromise, just dont expect to get everything on your list at the price you want!

This +1000

Possibly the most accurate post I have seen on here in a while.

This +1000

Possibly the most accurate post I have seen on here in a while.

Shocking! hehe, seems like common sense to me, i was looking for my z over 6 months to find the right one for me, I did want a white one but in the end colour wasnt the deciding factor I got a red 04 full GT 350z with 38k on the clock in lovely condition which im very happy with, it wasnt the cheapest on offer but then if you aim for the bottom you start compromising, best to go for a good average price but set yourself stricter limits on what you want quality wise and dont start thinking "ya but for that price its a good deal" when you start finding things that make you uneasy! Also taking colour out of the equation although theyre not a common car theres plenty of them dont rush into something!

And of course, paying more for a car doesnt mean you`ll get a better one. Really you need to speak to the owner. Reminds me of when my ex was trying to sell her Ford Fiesta. It was a nice clean example, but the front bumper wasnt quite alligned correctly after she had bumped into a wall with it. At the time that year / model was selling for about £2000. She wanted a quick sale so was advertising it for £1700. Noone wanted it. So in the end she reduced the price until she was advertising it for £1200 and she really struggled to sell it, and it was up for sale for months. People saw that it was cheap and assumed there was a problem with it. When in reality she actually paid £3800 for it 12 months before and had just spent £1800 on a new gearbox and clutch for it. The guy who finally bought it couldnt believe his luck and certainly got a bargain.