• Under 20
    • 20-24
    • 25-29
    • 30-34
    • 35-39
    • 40-49
    • 50-59
    • 60+

I've voted in this poll, but it's not the fairest poll that I've ever seen. I guess that you are allowed a fixed maximum number of categories (bins) and the setter of the poll has divided up the age range according to this.

Usually, you would look at the length of the bars and see the most popular category as the longest bar. These categories do not all cover the same number of years of age, the most unfair being the open ended 60+. Still, it's better than nothing and with a bit of adding up, some sense can be made of it.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol i figured there would be shrinking ownership above 40, hence the wider bands... and 60+.... well i thought i'd spare the embarassment if you're that old :lol:

to be honest, my aim is to see if the dropping prices of zeds mean we're getting a lot more younger people, as i think this is the biggest factor in how the cars will be driven, and what owners will be doing with them.

lol i figured there would be shrinking ownership above 40, hence the wider bands... and 60+.... well i thought i'd spare the embarassment if you're that old :lol:

to be honest, my aim is to see if the dropping prices of zeds mean we're getting a lot more younger people, as i think this is the biggest factor in how the cars will be driven, and what owners will be doing with them.

I've never shrunk since I was 40, in fact I've rather expanded :lol:

I wonder if the future statistics will show that the generally younger age of z drivers results in a bigger number of insurance claims and, hence, bigger premiums for the cars?

I've never shrunk since I was 40, in fact I've rather expanded :lol:

I wonder if the future statistics will show that the generally younger age of z drivers results in a bigger number of insurance claims and, hence, bigger premiums for the cars?

Alrighty, one under 20 owner of a zed! so own up - how much is your insurance premium! :lol:

heres hoping no increases in insurance premiums - hopefully traction control will keep enthusiastic young drivers (like me) on the road - plus, its not turbocharged, which is a bonus for smooth driving - been caught out a few times in my old 300zx when i'd floor it, nothing would happen, and then WHUUUMPH the wheels are spinning.

Alrighty, one under 20 owner of a zed! so own up - how much is your insurance premium! :lol:

heres hoping no increases in insurance premiums - hopefully traction control will keep enthusiastic young drivers (like me) on the road - plus, its not turbocharged, which is a bonus for smooth driving - been caught out a few times in my old 300zx when i'd floor it, nothing would happen, and then WHUUUMPH the wheels are spinning.

I'm actually quite surprised by a figure as high as 11% are owned by under 25s. I would have thought hot hatches, Imprezzas and Evos would have appealed more to that age group than the Grand Tourers like Zeds, 911s and Caymans. It would be interesting in a breakdown of cars owned by that age group currently and compare it to the cars owned by the likes of Colin and his contempories when they were the same age.

By the way Colin I think its actually your only as old as the woman you feel, by the way what was I talking about :surrender:

I'm actually quite surprised by a figure as high as 11% are owned by under 25s. I would have thought hot hatches, Imprezzas and Evos would have appealed more to that age group than the Grand Tourers like Zeds, 911s and Caymans. It would be interesting in a breakdown of cars owned by that age group currently and compare it to the cars owned by the likes of Colin and his contempories when they were the same age.

By the way Colin I think its actually your only as old as the woman you feel, by the way what was I talking about :surrender:

Hopefully no one will leap on my back here but I'm not surprised at all.

Young people looking for big power and pecker swinging status cars will be attracted to the Zed like stink on poo.......also another reason why we see people buying Zed's and shifting them for pennies 3 months later when they realize they can't afford them.

Hot hatches and Imprezza's have a certain chav factor attached that if your not an older (25+) person is immeasurably heightened.......the u25 population these days (Even with the recession) still has a reasonable proportion of affluent young people who can't afford to move out of home with mum and dad so put their cash into something to help them forget about the miserable chances they've got of ever moving out :lol:

Unfortunately the Zed with dropping in value this will only get worse until it eventually ends up in FTO/GTO/300Z classification of now - I remember the day when I was a kid that those kind of cars were so far out of my league it was untrue.

Young people looking for big power and pecker swinging status cars will be attracted to the Zed like stink on poo.......also another reason why we see people buying Zed's and shifting them for pennies 3 months later when they realize they can't afford them.

Hot hatches and Imprezza's have a certain chav factor attached that if your not an older (25+) person is immeasurably heightened.......the u25 population these days (Even with the recession) still has a reasonable proportion of affluent young people who can't afford to move out of home with mum and dad so put their cash into something to help them forget about the miserable chances they've got of ever moving out :lol:

Unfortunately the Zed with dropping in value this will only get worse until it eventually ends up in FTO/GTO/300Z classification of now - I remember the day when I was a kid that those kind of cars were so far out of my league it was untrue.

It would be interesting in a breakdown of cars owned by that age group currently and compare it to the cars owned by the likes of Colin and his contempories when they were the same age.

Its nice to see how many 'youngsters' own 350's - good luck to them. I guess an E-Type was the one everyone in my age group in the sixties aspired to - fortunately I got to drive one froom time to time owned by the garage boss where I worked evenings/weekends and who allowed me to use the workshop to help keep my road/off-road Beetle going:

P1050351.jpg

Thank you for reminding me about what I should be feeling :thumbs::lol:

It would be interesting in a breakdown of cars owned by that age group currently and compare it to the cars owned by the likes of Colin and his contempories when they were the same age.

Its nice to see how many 'youngsters' own 350's - good luck to them. I guess an E-Type was the one everyone in my age group in the sixties aspired to - fortunately I got to drive one froom time to time owned by the garage boss where I worked evenings/weekends and who allowed me to use the workshop to help keep my road/off-road Beetle going:

P1050351.jpg

Thank you for reminding me about what I should be feeling :thumbs::lol:

I'm a little bit older than Colin ... my first "nice car" was a 1964 Mk 4 Sunbeam Rapier bought for £450.00 in 1968 ... WGR 239 ... I was 22 and armed with a degree in Civil Engineering, married and the wife was expecting our first child ... the car was eventually sold a couple of years later for £350.00 to provide the deposit on our first house ... happy days

PS I finally got an E-type when I was 28 ... bought for £2800.00, sold in 1977 for £2000.00

I'm a little bit older than Colin ... my first "nice car" was a 1964 Mk 4 Sunbeam Rapier bought for £450.00 in 1968 ... WGR 239 ... I was 22 and armed with a degree in Civil Engineering, married and the wife was expecting our first child ... the car was eventually sold a couple of years later for £350.00 to provide the deposit on our first house ... happy days

PS I finally got an E-type when I was 28 ... bought for £2800.00, sold in 1977 for £2000.00

Also the Z is far cheaper to insure at a younger age than a lot of other cars.

I bought mine shortly after my 22nd birthday (nearly 6 years ago :surrender: ) & it was cheaper to insure than the Ibiza I traded in & pretty much every other car I looked except for a Supra

Also the Z is far cheaper to insure at a younger age than a lot of other cars.

I bought mine shortly after my 22nd birthday (nearly 6 years ago :surrender: ) & it was cheaper to insure than the Ibiza I traded in & pretty much every other car I looked except for a Supra