Garage basics

Daryl

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Costco always have some garage flooring :thumbs: .... If you don't have a card let me know and I can meet you at one :thumbs:

WHat about a nice tool box, work bench, storage :shrug:

you edited this - I'm sure you innitially put if you don't have a "car" :lol::p

:ninja: ......... bleedin auto correct :lol:

Its ok,i knew what you meant. :lol:

Costco always have some garage flooring :thumbs: .... If you don't have a card let me know and I can meet you at one :thumbs:

WHat about a nice tool box, work bench, storage :shrug:

you edited this - I'm sure you innitially put if you don't have a "car" :lol::p

:ninja: ......... bleedin auto correct :lol:

Its ok,i knew what you meant. :lol:

Flooring, paint the walls, good lights and seal the doors around the edges if they are old. Job jobbed.

Then lots of cabinets and tools :teeth:

Yes,will look at sealing the doors of the garage,but they are only 8 Years old,so hopefully should be pretty good. Il be looking at the lighting source,and upgrading that probably. Good idea painting the walls too,should brighten the place up abit.

Should i bother painting the floor,or just put some of that jigsaw matting down?

Flooring, paint the walls, good lights and seal the doors around the edges if they are old. Job jobbed.

Then lots of cabinets and tools :teeth:

Yes,will look at sealing the doors of the garage,but they are only 8 Years old,so hopefully should be pretty good. Il be looking at the lighting source,and upgrading that probably. Good idea painting the walls too,should brighten the place up abit.

Should i bother painting the floor,or just put some of that jigsaw matting down?

i'm in the process of doing my garage, its a single but i need it setup for the business, i wanted a workshop but still able to get the car in. currently its got an Apex roof and was just single skin brick wall, flip door and 1 bulb light.

so what did i do:

- Boarded out the loft so i can store stuff above.

- run new cables for 4 strip lights

- painted the walls white (this was a ballache as it required 5 coats of different things to get a good finsih on the bricks)

- run 2 new double sockets around the work bench area from the ring main

- fitted new work bench runs the entire width of the garage at the back, but set high enough to get a car bonnet under or store tool trollies.

jobs still to do:

- insulate between the rafters

- Plaster board the ceiling

- put the flooring down

- insulate the door

- draft excluder at the bottom of the door

- fit compressor

- run copper pipes round the garage to make a multi point connection for air tools around the garage

when it came to garage floors i looked at all kinds of things but the one i liked the most was these guys

http://www.garagefloorcompany.co.uk/

when i next have some spare cash for the job i shall be ordering from them.

i'm in the process of doing my garage, its a single but i need it setup for the business, i wanted a workshop but still able to get the car in. currently its got an Apex roof and was just single skin brick wall, flip door and 1 bulb light.

so what did i do:

- Boarded out the loft so i can store stuff above.

- run new cables for 4 strip lights

- painted the walls white (this was a ballache as it required 5 coats of different things to get a good finsih on the bricks)

- run 2 new double sockets around the work bench area from the ring main

- fitted new work bench runs the entire width of the garage at the back, but set high enough to get a car bonnet under or store tool trollies.

jobs still to do:

- insulate between the rafters

- Plaster board the ceiling

- put the flooring down

- insulate the door

- draft excluder at the bottom of the door

- fit compressor

- run copper pipes round the garage to make a multi point connection for air tools around the garage

when it came to garage floors i looked at all kinds of things but the one i liked the most was these guys

http://www.garagefloorcompany.co.uk/

when i next have some spare cash for the job i shall be ordering from them.

If you paint the floor, make sure you leave it a good 24 hours or so before driving on to it, otherwise the paint will peel off on your tires. Sweep and Hoover out before painting and even seal it with unibond just to stop the dust getting in the paint, helps the paint take to the floor better too :thumbs:

If you paint the floor, make sure you leave it a good 24 hours or so before driving on to it, otherwise the paint will peel off on your tires. Sweep and Hoover out before painting and even seal it with unibond just to stop the dust getting in the paint, helps the paint take to the floor better too :thumbs: