City vs Utd

coldel

Become a bit of a non event really, shame as not having Sky I do look forward to some decent football on the TV. As much as you can't say how things might have panned out, shocking decision by the ref to send off Kompany which effectively killed the game as a contest. I think the ref will get about £6k£10k to ref this game, good money for someone who is incompetent! :lol:

Funny old game football :p;)

Become a bit of a non event really, shame as not having Sky I do look forward to some decent football on the TV. As much as you can't say how things might have panned out, shocking decision by the ref to send off Kompany which effectively killed the game as a contest. I think the ref will get about £6k£10k to ref this game, good money for someone who is incompetent! :lol:

City dominated first ten, Utd scored a typical Utd goal on the break - poor refereeing decision very early in the game followed by some very inconsistent decisions afterwards led to a rather one way game rather than a decent contest.

So yeah lots of stuff going on, if you know football you will see it, if you dont then it all appears like a simple 3-0 first half. :lol:

Good second half, first half very disappointing from the viewpoint of a competitive game. Scholes coming in second half responsible for letting City back in it, he looked way off the pace and literally put Utd down to ten men. Shame City didn't equalise and force a replay and more of a competitive return game. Overall some very bizarre refereeing decisions, not that Foy missed them but the inconsistency with cards, some of the worst fouls in the game given as freekicks but without cards, then some others carded which were less offensive.

First half was excellent :teeth:

...2nd half not so good, but overall very happy. Fergie's comments and mood after the match was spot on... he had a right to be pi**ed off and good to blast the players following a victory rather than following defeats. Smalling looked a rock at center half, but i think Jones needs a bit of a break.

I think Fergie had to take a bit of flak for the second half, I know the players dropped 10% but he should have known City would come out restructured and better organised and effectively the mindset of starting again at 0-0. Fergie didn't prep Utd properly for that. Scholes looked very poor and away to City, even 3-0 up and against ten would never have risked him. Yeah Jones looked lethargic, a few miss controls, some poor tackles and crosses. As much as I dislike City and their 'buy it to win it' approach to football hats off to Mancini for not biting when the interviewer tried to bait him into saying something he would regret.

Just one more reason why I am totally falling out of love with commercial football (i.e not my Sunday league/playing myself ETC).

Absolute tickling contest these days. :thumbdown:

Controversial statement but as a footballer you should absolutely be prepared to be taken off that field with a broken leg.......it WAS a mans game.....now its an athletes game (this from someone who is 11 stone - if you chucked a bucket of water over me AND is a total fanny).

Just one more reason why I am totally falling out of love with commercial football (i.e not my Sunday league/playing myself ETC).

Absolute tickling contest these days. :thumbdown:

Controversial statement but as a footballer you should absolutely be prepared to be taken off that field with a broken leg.......it WAS a mans game.....now its a big Jessy's game (this from someone who is 11 stone - if you chucked a bucket of water over me AND is a total fanny).

Edited for you :lol: