A good reason to think twice about winter...

coldel

Looking good,

Only problem about washing cars in winter is that a few miles down the road and its dirty again. :headhurt:

I normally just give it a hard wax at the end of summer, and then clean the wheels every month during winter. :thumbs:

Most unlike you Wills :nono:

nice work, looks very tidy

Hate to say it but ive used mine everything day over christmas and not cleaned it in weeks because it would get filthy in our lanes. The car must be in shock at the dirt

nice work cold looks gleaming ive driven my zed everyday nearly since i bought havent battered an eyelid throughout the end of 2011 and the start of 2012 and havent seen my traction control light come on in over a year (i check it once a month just to make sure TCS is still working!!) larger wheels and decent tyres make a world of difference regardless of weather if not extreme..but washing is a pain,mines blade silver and now looks gunmetal :lol:

I came to windsor on thurs actually when it was freezing and it flew down the m25

I actually managed a 'back end out' moment today with the TC on :thumbs: got it trying to overtake me as i cornered and accelerated and swiftly brought it back into line - quite enjoyed it actually - as someone who barely puts the car over 5k revs!

But yeah I do love washing the car, the under-stairs cupboard is an Aladdin's cave of stuff for looking after the Zed :) I wash it once a week weather permitting and every month a good coating of polish and wax and always keep the wheels coated in gtechniq C5 - leather shampoos and interior shampoos for all other bits - B&D car vac - engine bay cleaner - list goes on...actually as I am thinking through it all bit scary how much I have spent on stuff :scare:

Nice work Col, mine will be getting a clean today if the weather holds good.

I agree with you about SORN and winter. While my Zed is now very much a garage queen being able to commute/car share with the missus, we still get the Zed out every weekend, even if the weather isnt that good. I think its better to run it now and again than leaving it for months, but thats just IMO. Just means it needs washing more as it gets filthy! :surrender:

I actually managed a 'back end out' moment today with the TC on :thumbs: got it trying to overtake me as i cornered and accelerated and swiftly brought it back into line - quite enjoyed it actually - as someone who barely puts the car over 5k revs!

But yeah I do love washing the car, the under-stairs cupboard is an Aladdin's cave of stuff for looking after the Zed :) I wash it once a week weather permitting and every month a good coating of polish and wax and always keep the wheels coated in gtechniq C5 - leather shampoos and interior shampoos for all other bits - B&D car vac - engine bay cleaner - list goes on...actually as I am thinking through it all bit scary how much I have spent on stuff :scare:

I take it the car is cleaner than your underwear :lol:

Hate to say it but ive used mine everything day over christmas and not cleaned it in weeks because it would get filthy in our lanes. The car must be in shock at the dirt

Yup saffy is filthy too at the moment :p

Yup saffy is filthy too at the moment :p

I won't say anything about cars matching their owners :lol: