Audi RS5 detailed by Envy Valeting

Envy Valeting

I (Envy Valeting) was very pleased to be invited by a Detailing World member to detail his new Audi RS5 prior to collection. Audi Poole were very accomadating in allowing me to do the car offsite, and could not have been more helpful :lol:

The car was pretty much untouched (as requested) before I commenced work.

DSC05767.jpg

DSC05768.jpg

DSC05769.jpg

DSC05770.jpg

DSC05771.jpg

Basically the RS5's exterior was treated like all other cars I detail and subject to the full wash, clay, cleanse and seal regime. Wheels 1st with AS Smart wheels, and then given a final clean with Wolfs Chemicals clean and protect.

DSC05772.jpg

DSC05773.jpg

The protective coverings were removed and the car was pre-soaked with mild TFR, rinsed, then washed with the traditional 2 bucket method, and then covered with Autobrite's Purple rain....plenty of fallout!

DSC05774.jpg

DSC05775.jpg

DSC05776.jpg

DSC05777.jpg

Door shuts etc given a dose of mild APC and agitated with Envy brushes whilst the purple rain did its thing. The purple rain step was repeated on this car.

The car was rinsed off at high pressure then washed again with TBM and Gold class shampoo.

Ready to go indoors....

DSC05779.jpg

Once dried off the car was clayed with Dodo Juice gentle grey clay, and I found 2 spurious marks on the bonnet and a scuff so the bonnet was machined with S17+ and a yellow megs pad.

DSC05780-1.jpg

DSC05781.jpg

The car was then cleansed with Jeffs Acrylic prime via the PC and a megs yellow pad. Followed on by 3 repeated coats of Jett, buffing off in between coats at 30 min intervals.

Interior wise the cardboard and plastic coverings were removed carefully and the car was hoovered.

Mats and interior carpets were given 2 coats of supagard (as I do with all new car preps)

DSC05782.jpg

Leather was treated to a coat of Swissvax leather glaze (again something you will have seen me do on new car preps)

DSC05783.jpg

Tyres were dressed with a long life tyre dressing, glass cleaned inside and out with an alcohol based glass cleaner, exhaust tips buffed with NXT metal polysh.

Exterior was given a final buff off with Jeffs Gloss, time for the after pics...

DSC05784.jpg

DSC05785.jpg

DSC05786.jpg

DSC05787.jpg

DSC05788.jpg

DSC05789.jpg

DSC05790.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Tim

Are you using a lower quality camera than usual Tim? The finished images don't look as sharp as they normally do.....

The images aren't showing the best of your work if I'm being honest. I know exactly how it will look (regularly using Jeffs on a solid white car) but the finished pics don't look right. Maybe it's the lighting in the building!

Are you using a lower quality camera than usual Tim? The finished images don't look as sharp as they normally do.....

The images aren't showing the best of your work if I'm being honest. I know exactly how it will look (regularly using Jeffs on a solid white car) but the finished pics don't look right. Maybe it's the lighting in the building!

HI Stew, good to hear from you!

Same camera as ever, my 10mp Sony DSC point and shoot. It always struggles indoors to take a good pic. I have considered a DSLR but I dont feel I'd take as many pics as I currently. The Sony fits in my pocket and is easy to fire a pic off with, but I know I really do need a better option for indoors.

I did a Porsche Panamera in an underground car park, and whilst I could see the car well with my eyes, the camera pics are pretty poor!

Very nice as ever Tim, you taking booking for June yet. :)

Do you have any paint left on your car Mart? :lol::lol::lol:

Should be down to the gunmetal anytime now. :p

Thats the nicest colour of primer anyways :p;):lol:

I agree, red oxide is a little '1980s' for me.

Very nice as ever Tim, you taking booking for June yet. :)

Do you have any paint left on your car Mart? :lol::lol::lol:

Should be down to the gunmetal anytime now. :p

Thats the nicest colour of primer anyways :p;):lol:

I agree, red oxide is a little '1980s' for me.

Ah Stew, I like red oxide, reminds me of boiler rooms from my nuclear days...steam pipes and all that :lol:

Good work as ever sir B)

Was this shot taken before you did anything? Not sure why a brand new car would have buffer trails? :surrender::headhurt:

Thanks Chris! That is a pic of the S17+ polish that had been worked on the bonnet but not buffed off yet.

Was going to say that was shocking if the paint was like that when clean :scare: