Buying falken 452

ninjaz

Hi everyone, going to buy a set of falken 452's in the next week or so. Can any of the traders on here beat camskills price of £430 inc VAT? 225 45 18 & 245 45 18

Also can anyone reccomend a tire place (from experience) near Amersham area?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Also can anyone reccomend a tire place (from experience) near Amersham area?

I've used Blackboots in Chesham a few times and they've been very good. They've got low entry jacks, touchless tyre removal and are excellent at wheel alignment if you need it. The only downside I've found is that they charge £18 per tyre for fitting if you supply your own. Ignore the tyres and prices they have on their website and drop them an email or call them for prices. I've found their prices to be pretty competitive in the past (not bought Falkens though) and they are also a fitting partner for blackcircles.com so it's worth checking prices on their website too.

I bought 2 rear tyres for my zed before xmas from mytyres - great price, 230 delivered. My local garage fitted them for a fiver each. I have to say the grip since they've gone on has been incredible, I've used them before so I was expecting good things on the zed and they didn't disappoint.

• 3 months later...

Got a full set of 452's going on mine tomorrow (chose them because of the number of recommendations from you guys, so thanks) All new and fully fitted for £480, so I think I got sa pretty good deal?

That is good :) Where you getting that done? Also going for the Falken 452's as have trawled through the forum and they are highly recommended by a lot of members and are a good price :thumbs:

+1 on camskill, that's where I got mine. As someone said if you take your own tires to blackboots they do charge a bit more than average but they did do a good job :thumbs:

I noticed that in general that most tyre fitting places have seriously jacked their fitting prices up if you supply your own tyres. I guess they must be loosing out to online sellers more and more these days.

A few years back I could go to any local garage and they`d happily fit my tyres for about a fiver a wheel. When I asked various places a couple of months back, the prices varied from £15 a tyre upto £20 a tyre..... just for fitting!!! With my old shed I very often only pay £15 for a new tyre including fitting!!!

They would make fitting cheaper if you buy from them as they get some profit in the tyres. If you take your own they need to make something to make it worth while. Fitting is quite labour intensive after all.

£60 to jack up, remove wheel, remove tyre, dispose of old tyre (£1-£2 + VAT for most places), fit new tyre, clean wheel for weights, balance, bolt on car, lower, torque bolts give a wipe over. Repeat 4 times. Its not that expensive to be fair.

Especially when a lot of cars nowadays have pain in the back side runflats or thin side walls. Steels with balloon tyres are quicker, but alloys and thin tyres can take a fair bit longer. Try removing a 265/25/22 off an expensive wheel without marking it. It takes time and skill. lol

Got a full set of 452's going on mine tomorrow (chose them because of the number of recommendations from you guys, so thanks) All new and fully fitted for £480, so I think I got sa pretty good deal?

That is good :) Where you getting that done? Also going for the Falken 452's as have trawled through the forum and they are highly recommended by a lot of members and are a good price :thumbs:

Local garage in town that I use for work on my vehicles bought them in for me and fitted them... Also had new discs and pads fitted today, so can't really get a feel for them all as I need to bed in the pads! But feels better having a good set of rubber under her already :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been ringing a few places locally and most are look for £15 a tyre for fitting but still comes out cheaper buying the Falkens from camskill and paying more for fitting than getting a garage to supply them with fitting.

Looks like total will be £650 for a new set and fitting of falkens on nismo's.

One question I do have, which I accept isa stupid question but just want to check is how are the types shipped? I.E. size wise as will need to be able to fit them in the Z to get them to the garage.

I have just fitted kumho's Ku31 as an alternative. Had great write up on m3 owners club so thought id give em a bash. I usually use Michelin or Bridgestone and I'm still impressed by these tyres, excellent value for money.

If your thinking about any sort of track use I would avoid both and go for a premium tyre though.

I've been ringing a few places locally and most are look for £15 a tyre for fitting but still comes out cheaper buying the Falkens from camskill and paying more for fitting than getting a garage to supply them with fitting.

One question I do have, which I accept isa stupid question but just want to check is how are the types shipped? I.E. size wise as will need to be able to fit them in the Z to get them to the garage.

Tom, tyres usually arrive unpackaged, and 2 tyres are usually taped together… :thumbs:

Tom, tyres usually arrive unpackaged, and 2 tyres are usually taped together… :thumbs:

Camskill just delivered mines, came single just with a delivery sticker on each. You won't fit all 4 19" ones in the zed unfortunately