Lucky escape

Will370z

Hope this isnt a repost but seems its this guys lucky day, bet he had to change his underwear afterwards though

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri= ... cMSTmoNd_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcMSTmoNd_0

Hope the link works, sometime the ipad screws up youtube limks, if so just search for "Luckily avoided head on collision with slipped truck"

shouldnt have been overtaking on that road really!

Absolutely, overtaking a truck on a 2 lane road with part of those lanes covered in snow was a very poor decision...He seemed to be driving sensibly until then too, he'd left a good gap to the truck :shrug:

Pete

shouldnt have been overtaking on that road really!

Absolutely, overtaking a truck on a 2 lane road with part of those lanes covered in snow was a very poor decision...He seemed to be driving sensibly until then too, he'd left a good gap to the truck :shrug:

Pete

Looks like he was too close to me, once the brake lights of the truck come on, barring a little reaction time, you can hear the ABS of his car coming on and he still finishes up along side the truck.

I'm not sure he was trying to overtake particularly, he could tell that his car wasn't going to stop before hitting the back of the truck so went slightly to the left as the truck started to go right.

Other than maintaining a better gap I'm not sure what else he should have done.

Scenario seems to be the truck braked hard as he saw the snow plough had stopped/slowed and the artic was bearing down at a rate of knots becasue it was stolen and if you check out the fourth vehicle after the 'pass' its got its blues and twos going.

Also, the artic being chased clips the rear of the snow plough and jolts it out. The fact he kept his foot down was just enough to drag the trailer away from a collision.

Whether the car with the video was police or not is not wholly clear, but I would say not as he kept going rather than turning to help give chase (what good that would have done though...) Comments seem to suggest the videoing in Russia is common practice to record evidence for smashes and they take these 'incidents in their stride. :scare: