Gas people....

Stew

Ok, I'm officially annoyed.

MY other half was just told that we won't have access to our drive for the next 3 days and we'll have no gas for at least one day on Wednesday.

So it's snow forecast with temps of about -3 degC and I have no heating. Brilliant.

Nothing like getting notice to make alternative arrangements.

I understand the work has to be done (probably) but I'd appreciate a little more notice.

[/rant]

And I thought you Scots were tough? :lol::p;)

Ok, I'm officially annoyed.

MY other half was just told that we won't have access to our drive for the next 3 days and we'll have no gas for at least one day on Wednesday.

So it's snow forecast with temps of about -3 degC and I have no heating. Brilliant.

Nothing like getting notice to make alternative arrangements.

I understand the work has to be done (probably) but I'd appreciate a little more notice.

[/rant]

:lol: sorry for laughing but this is what i do for a living. when the gang start work make sure you make it clear you need access to your drive and they will put a steel plate over the hole for you. they can also provide you with elec heaters and hot plates if you need them.

make them lots of t and and im sure there look after you.

Stew, good time to pop down to ours for

Some xmas markets again? ;)

Not as bad as yours but they decided to do some drainage work and cut off access to main part of the estate, no warning and the sign'Road closed' right in front of the work rather than entrance to the estate! Feckin genius!

and he never used it :lol: two days surrounded by panting Australians and he didn't get any :lol:

Fair enough, mind you if she gave you a pass............................. :surrender:

I know I'm gonna get crucified for this but I have to ask, where is Gary's right hand? :blush:

:shrug: No idea what you mean Graham ;)

It must be love :cloud9: , or he wouldn't dare :lol:

and he never used it :lol: two days surrounded by panting Australians and he didn't get any :lol:
Fair enough, mind you if she gave you a pass............................. :surrender:

I know I'm gonna get crucified for this but I have to ask, where is Gary's right hand? :blush:

:shrug: No idea what you mean Graham ;)

IME, the more notice you give people the more they complain. I tend to just turn their water supply off without telling them now and blame an emergency repair, which tends to go down better than "Can I turn your water off for half a day while I fit a new water main please?".

• 2 weeks later...

Only just looked back at this thread.....

The tarring work was done to every other house on Tueday this week. Apart from our house!

They piled all their road block stuff outside the house and in my garden....

I caught them today after they had tidied up the other road block stuff and were leaving without having done anything to mine.... Asked them how long they'd be 'ooooh, into the new year now mate....'

I politely asked for the number of their project manager as 3 days isn't a month. The team leader came over so I've asked him to back fill the holes as soon as he can, no need for tar as they need access again.

No steel plating, heaps of crap in my garden and they've had heaps of days with no shows.

As for the kilt, only real men wear a kilt! :thumbs:

I did say you wouldn't get away with it, granted, Stew did take a wee while but none the less I'd say it's a fair cop!! :p

Holy kilt references Batman, I don't think you're going to get away with that one..................... :snack:

eh, tough????

Men that wear skirts, tough........ :wacko:

Stay at work longer Stew, problem sorted :surrender:

• 1 month later...

Yaaaaaaay! The hole was tarred over today! So minus 10 days over Christmas (only because I insisted) I've had barriers and a gaping hole in my garden / outside the front for 3 months when it was meant to be three days! At least I can get in my drive Properly now.

After watching the gas people do their thing I've come to the conclusion that you couldn't buy a job like they have.

Yaaaaaaay! The hole was tarred over today! So minus 10 days over Christmas (only because I insisted) I've had barriers and a gaping hole in my garden / outside the front for 3 months when it was meant to be three days! At least I can get in my drive Properly now.

The drive that leads round to my mums and 4 other houses has been dug up by the gas board for over a week. One of their workmen drove round to look yesterday, drove over one of the boards that they had used to cover the hole collapsed and his van fell sideways into the hole. He then had to call 3 other gas men to come and help him get it out :lol: I wish I had been there with a video camera, could have got 250 quid from You've Been Framed