My Zed replacement - E92 M3

webber

Lovely cars :thumbs:

Out of interest, did you consider the IS-F, C63 AMG or XF-R and if so, why didnt you go with one of them? :)

Possibly the shape? All above mentioned are 4 door over a 2 door coupe ;)

Very nice car.

Do people really get hung up on stuff like that? They are all 400hp+ executive stormers, they are the obvious competition for the M3 (E90 and E92) IMO. :)

Thanks guys B)

Looks awesome! A friend of mine has the dark blue (interlargos i think) with the same wheels in black. I keep saying to him to change the bling bits to black,as it would complement the wheels and the roof,but he refuses! lol

His also has the EDC,not all cars have it,so he had to wait a fair amount of time for the right one to come up. It is an awesome car,though i think it needs a decent exhaust on it,as its far too muted. We went to FOS 2 years ago,and it took 2 hours each way. We averaged 19mpg there and back,and were not nailing it all the way. The whole trip was a tank of fuel.

Yes I had to look around a lot for decent car with low miles and the EDC too, worth the wait though. I totally agree about the exhaust...in fact my replacement actually arrived today! Bargain used Milltek back section :thumbs:

photo-11.jpg

Very nice B)

What sort of MPG are you getting from it?

I'm averaging 18.5mpg at the minute, that is 60% sensible and 40% spirited driving I'd say. I've seen single figures when giving it some! :headhurt:

Lovely cars :thumbs:

Out of interest, did you consider the IS-F, C63 AMG or XF-R and if so, why didnt you go with one of them? :)

The Lexus and Jag didn't have the same appeal for me personally, hard to put my finger on why but I didn't really look into them when I bought. The only other car I considered was the C63 AMG but I had a budget of 30k and wanted a decent low mileage car and they were few and far between at that price. I've also always had a thing for M3's and I've wanted one for years, I still think they are the benchmark for this category of car although there are a lot of credible alternatives these days :)

I'd be interested to know directly how the MPG compares? From a driver thats driven both cars one after the other in a similar style...

Well I'm fortunate really as I don't do many miles at all in the car commuting, so it's mainly used at weekends. I'm averaging 18.5mpg on the M3 and it was around 23mpg on the Zed I think. I'm not sure how accurate the computers are really but in real terms I used to put £40 a week in the Zed and now I put £50 in the M3 and do the same miles :thumbs:

Fair play to you, the Lexus and the Jag are a bit more "old man" in image and looks, but arguably a better drive for me. I didnt try a C63 when I was looking for the same reason, they seem to be rarer and hold their price better.

Beautiful car though mate, Im sure you wont be disappointed. One of my good mates has just picked up his 11th point on his license in 6 months since buying his ....... ;)

I hope the quality is better than the ones i saw at Goodwood 2 years ago. The welding looked like with was done by a high Stevie Wonder. FTW though.

I love the metallic sound that the engine makes at idle,sounds really angry. Most videos fail to capture it.