JTS 2007 Silvertone circuit: Zeds wanted for parade lap!

Removed

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am now coming to this.

WIll be coming from J3 on the M6, Liam and co, what time and where do you want to meet in the morning?

I'm not sure what the others are doing but I'll be leaving J4 at about 08:30 :)

Ok mate, when you get to the services before J3, give me a call, i'll PM you my number and i will meet you on the M6, i'll get Sarah to call you when we join the M6 to see if you are in front or behind us, then speed up or slow down accordingly. :thumbs:

I am now coming to this.

WIll be coming from J3 on the M6, Liam and co, what time and where do you want to meet in the morning?

I'm not sure what the others are doing but I'll be leaving J4 at about 08:30 :)

Ok mate, when you get to the services before J3, give me a call, i'll PM you my number and i will meet you on the M6, i'll get Sarah to call you when we join the M6 to see if you are in front or behind us, then speed up or slow down accordingly. :thumbs:

You better join before I get there as you'll never catch me up once your behind :teeth:

How many people in total are going to this?

The A43 is now very good and access to silverstone is dual carriageway from the main road, i would think if access to things like the British Superbikes (50,000 people) isn't too bad i would think this will be ok - worse bit will be if all the cars are going into the inner paddock

My only advice is to watch out for camera vans on the A43 as they tend to set them up if there is something going on at Silverstone - easy pickings

I can't see it being too bad getting in, the only bottleneck is when you get to the actual circuit and have to go over the bridge into the paddock area. All the way till then is dual carriageway - i guess other visitiors to the event are using the public car parks.

The paddock area is huge, if it can handle F1 and Superbikes (with all the lorries and support vehicles+press and VIP's) then 180 Z's isn't going to be too much of a problem i wouldn't have thought :teeth:

Im sure thats the faint sound of a lid popping on one of these:

407643-can_of_worms.jpg

I think it would be good to meet up with as many owners as possible, looking forward to having a good look at some of those cherished older Z's, some very looked after examples from what I saw at a previous meet. :thumbs:

Is it worth starting a new thread with meeting times and meeting point so we can all go in together?

+1

I will endeavour to identify myself at the paddock by displaying a card in my windscreen with "Dunker" on....

Could be a good idea to print out some cards for everyone, maybe from a list of people in the meet thread if Louis starts one. Maybe with 350z-uk on, but that may be a can-o-worms

Is it worth starting a new thread with meeting times and meeting point so we can all go in together?

+1

I will endeavour to identify myself at the paddock by displaying a card in my windscreen with "Dunker" on....

Could be a good idea to print out some cards for everyone, maybe from a list of people in the meet thread if Louis starts one. Maybe with 350z-uk on, but that may be a can-o-worms

I dont mind starting a thread. I was also going to write up a spec sheet for all our cars to display? What do you all think?

we will have our own club banner there, although we will all be in the same area as the Z Club, of course.

Louis if you want to start a thread about meeting times and points, feel free mate.

I'm aiming to be AT Silverstone for 8.30 ish

If we get there at 0830, what are we supposed to do all day long if your not going on the track? :blush:
Watch the drifting, time attack, look at the other cars, mingle, eat, stare at hot chicks wearing hardly any clothes...the list goes on :thumbs:

If we get there at 0830, what are we supposed to do all day long if your not going on the track? :blush:
stare at hot chicks wearing hardly any clothes.. :thumbs:

They wont be very hot in this weather :thumbdown: