JTS 2007 Silvertone circuit: Zeds wanted for parade lap!

Removed

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i suggest all of those who have no intention of participatting to the parade laps, for whatever reason, to take your name off then. I think there's no point in overinflating numbers when people are not going to participate. Always best to keep your sportscar in the garage! :thumbs:

It's not a normal trackday, it's a parade lap ffs! :rolleyes:

I don't see any issue about accidents in driving in queue on a track, tbh.

well i suggest all of those who have no intention of participatting to the parade laps, for whatever reason, to take your name off then. I think there's no point in overinflating numbers when people are not going to participate. Always best to keep your sportscar in the garage! :thumbs:

just warning you off my expeience Val, just like you do with wheels ;)

I however have been on track days when ambulances have been called out !!

I wont take my name off yet as i still want to do this, im just raising an issue with a maximum speed limit of 100mph. With that many cars doing that speed with most not being used to driving at that speed who may have to to "keep up" i think it could be dangerous.

Will wait for the organiser to post up exact details then i will make a decision on if i will be up for this or not.

I dont want to cause an issue or anything here, i am just worried about the safety of others and possible accidents that "could" happen.

Please do not let this put anyone else off though, as i dont want to do that

PS with the 240Z's in the front, do you expect to reach high speeds anyway? :lol:;) (joke, before I get flamed by the Z club guys :teeth: )

But yeah you guys with these concerns should PM fuggles and ask him. :thumbs:

PS it's a parade lap, not a trackday, how many times???

hey guys

chill

It is already on my list to ask John about this as it was raised on one of the other forums I agree with that ammount of Cars on the track it could end in tears

I am sending John a email this weekend is there any other questions you want me to ask

Would ask to direct Queries though me as then all info will be colated in one place rather than a he told me that but I forgot to tell others

Just read this & did'nt want to mention it before but now that it has come up:

One of the main reasons I hadn't put my name down was the thought of hundreds of drivers out all at once & many not as good drivers as myself. The scope for someone injuring my zed was too large & she doesnt like getting hit!! :blush:

So as Sl114 I will make my decesion a bit nearer the time if possible. ps & before anyone asks yes I am a relatively good driver & dont intend bumping into the back of anyone else as my various go karting (open day) trophies & track days should vouch for! :blush::teeth:B) (no modesty wasnt one of my strong points)

The 100mph was the top speed hit by the Scooby boys going down Pit Straight. There is plenty of room, Silverstone is a very wide track. If you're woprried about breaking distances this wont be a problem as the old stuff will be at the front and you guys at the back so it will all work infavour of the slowest cars. In addition it will be behind a RAC MSA Pace Car with a driver and an observer on board.

All drivers are required to attend a briefing to ensure safety and will be required to register.

Chaps Silverstone is a mega wide track.

The most dangerous bit is the last corner as people put the power down too earlier otherwise its super wide and lots of room for those that want to do 100, you just let them go.

See video of how wide. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZBBzjfc33M

I will defo be up for it with one main rule....you can only overtake someone on the left with consent. That way you will always know where people are coming from.

Also if there is lets say not too friendly ar5es from rival sites, with a point to prove they should be kept well apart. Too much talk from people that use "private roads" to race others, and say how fast they can go.

I am sure the briefing will ensure they know why everyone is there and its to enjoy the day and see nice cars/people, not to prove how quick you can drive.

Why should people want or need to overtake on a parade lap

If people want to go faster there is tracktime available to go as fast as you want

If anyone tries to overtake me in the parade lap I will come off the track at my first opertunity

I.also hope that if the guys who are marshalling the event make it clear that if anyone does overtake for no good reason they would make that person leave the whole show

Just getting back to the tread......... ;)

Would like to take part in this, just cant quite see where I need to register.. Looked on the 'official' site, and its not too clear there either.

Might be just being thick, but point us in the right direction! :thumbs: