Starting to plumet?...

AMT

They will pick back up IF fuel prices drop, people just cannot afford to run them as much as they used too...

Fuel prices will never drop ;)

:scare: I hope they do!! :lol: I have the faith!! someday, somewhere it will make it back to £1 a litre. :drive1

sorry going :offtopic:

Yeah they are a great price at the moment, and they will go back up as people can start affording to run them more... but I think it will be a slow process the state the global economy is in for the average man. nice car tho for the price! B)

It's winter. The prices are dropping but Winter never helps.

Yep, they drop a bit over winter then pick up come april / may time. Wrong time of year to be selling one atm, esp with Christmas coming up.

I bought my car in March, and looking at the prices it actually went up in value by about 15% over the summer before its now sliding down again. If / When I come to sell mine, id be looking at the middle of summer I think for maximum value.

Yep, they drop a bit over winter then pick up come april / may time. Wrong time of year to be selling one atm, esp with Christmas coming up.

I bought my car in March, and looking at the prices it actually went up in value by about 15% over the summer before its now sliding down again. If / When I come to sell mine, id be looking at the middle of summer I think for maximum value.

+1 so as a buyer - i would advise not to wait until april/march.. as they will ave gone up... but i depends on your situation of course! :thumbs:

+1 so as a buyer - i would advise not to wait until april/march.. as they will ave gone up... but i depends on your situation of course! :thumbs:

Yep definately! Good time to buy if your a buyer! Esp around Xmas time and new year as with noone having any money after Xmas and the potential for snow / ice, who`d want to be driving a zed? err.... apart from me, when its my daily runner!

I doubt if petrol prices will ever come down. They may slow down rising a bit, but they wont drop back to the good old days of £1.75 a gallon.

I'm going to run mine into the ground cos I just never seem to get bored with it, even after 8yrs :yahoo: . Bloody hell I got bored with the wife long before that :yawn: , so wouldnt think of selling it. I also think it still looks better than the 370z so no temptation there either. :thumbs:

I doubt if petrol prices will ever come down. They may slow down rising a bit, but they wont drop back to the good old days of £1.75 a gallon.

:offtopic:

When I bought my first car it was 33.5 pence a gallon. :blush::blush:

3 gallons for a quid on Friday night, made for a good weekend. ;)

Don't fret about it, until you're nearer your expected time to sell, 6 months away.

I'm going to run mine into the ground cos I just never seem to get bored with it, even after 8yrs :yahoo: .

Gee, someone on here that's had their Z longer than me, not by much though. :p:thumbs:

hmmm, hopefully come March the price of civic coupes will be up, but zed prices will still be down...

I'm in the market as well but wasnt going to buy until march, but there are loads of really good value cars around at the moment... seriously tempted by a Silver 54 plate GT with 47k on the clock for £7,700... hope they're still this good when it comes time to make a purchase!

Just to say ..the Zed is NOT that expensive to run...very easy to service yourself ( saving many £££)....fuel economy depending on how you use it is 20-30mpg... (find a simular performance car that will do that!) and they are real good value secondhand. IMHO they are not so expensive at all especially when they give so much fun. The other thing is most people who dont know so much about cars seem to think the Zed is expensive in every way.

Just to say ..the Zed is NOT that expensive to run...very easy to service yourself ( saving many £££)....fuel economy depending on how you use it is 20-30mpg... (find a simular performance car that will do that!) and they are real good value secondhand. IMHO they are not so expensive at all especially when they give so much fun. The other thing is most people who dont know so much about cars seem to think the Zed is expensive in every way.

Depends on what you view as expensive. I guess compared to similar cars its pretty much the same to run.

:offtopic:

When I bought my first car it was 33.5 pence a gallon. :blush::blush:

3 gallons for a quid on Friday night, made for a good weekend. ;)

Sod off Chris....when you first bought a car it was 10 shillings a gallon :lol::ban:

Its not just Zeds - look at cars in general (I am as I'm flogging the Lancer and looking for a replacement). So far I've seen;

- Focus ST's from £5000 (6.5k gets you a decent one)

- BMW Z4 from £5000

- Porsche Boxsters from £4500

- Golf R32 from £5500

- Bereras from £6500

- Jag XK from £5000

- Merc CL500 from £5000

- Monaros from £6500

- New style Type-R Civics from £6000

- Porsche Cayenne under 7k

- BMW X5's under 7k

- Astra VXR from £6k

I know I've listed some utter shash there but I was bored and thought I'd take a peek. Basically if you've got £8k burning a hole in your sky rocket you can drive around like Rockerfella!