Neilp Build thread-- " NOS.... I Need NOS!!! "

Neilp

Looking good Neil, bet your enjoying the trip down south to see your girl. Next time your in the area let me know and pop in :thumbs:

Just a quick question are those your solenoids in the engine bay? And that is a very odd insertion point for the jets?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking good Neil, bet your enjoying the trip down south to see your girl. Next time your in the area let me know and pop in :thumbs:

Just a quick question are those your solenoids in the engine bay? And that is a very odd insertion point for the jets?

Yep mate, Dan said the hit will be much more efficient at that point and hit will be much more direct.

It was a concern with them in there but he has them running in time attack and drag cars and never had any issues with much more heat running. I trust his vision especially as he's be with prodrive and cosworth for years lol.

Looking good mate :thumbs:

Like the seats, NOS is B)

She's gonna be a monster :yahoo:

Looking forwards to some track time with you late summer maybe?

keep the updates coming ;)

Defo mate ! Will be down with her throughout the summer. Got a ticket for a trackday at stone from the bro for crimbo. Just need to book it :)

By what Wizards said to me was, the solenoids need to be in the coolest area of the engine bay, heat will reduce the effect of the gas, releasing the oxygen earlier before it reaches the cylinders. It will as far as I can gather will be a little like a reduced bottle pressure. As I say this was Wizards words quite some time ago when I went up there with my install.

Fair cop though with the jet placement, good idea.

Yeah Dan was telling me his working history, rather impressive.

Looking good Neil :thumbs:

How light are those seats? The look OEM style as oposed to true buckets.

Never been a fan of the bottle but the hidden instal of Wasso's bottle in the passenger side rear storage compartment makes for a good sleeper. Otherwise everything is is moving ahead full steam. Can't wait till you reveal the other :ninja: mods!

Lol cheers Bennett. As you can see my cars not very sleeper-ish, so no point in hiding the bottle lol. I honestly cannot wait to get her back. The seats are very light in comparison to oem leather. The car will be weighed when she's finished to see how the weight distribution is and losses have been so I will report back on the total loss of weight. What I was surprised with is people were saying oem are very heavy, they are a bit but nowhere near as much as I thought they'd be, probs around 20kg-25kg each at most.

Ian, I hear you mate ! It was something I raised the issue with about the heat at the start but was informed otherwise by the guys so I'm putting my trust in them, If it doesn't work then it's no biggie to relocate.

I'd hazard a guess that if the engine was warm/hot and the solenoids themselves are warm you just won't get the most effective shot, I wouldn't say it's not going to work, it will just lack a hard shot.

I guess Dan will spot that on the dyno and adjust if needed.

So how much longer will your car be on holiday.

Yep Craig, carbon boots getting painted the same as the car is now.

Cars coming home on a trailer lol, I will bring it down lol.

I have planned work up until April for it. So probs April time. Just when money provides as I have many many more plans lol

You are truly insane - I demand when you pick this up, that you first stop by mine before going home.

Are you getting the nismo decals put back up onto the carbon hatch?

You are not planning a px lap? I would wait a month before I stuck myself in it... God knows how he will drive it!

Anders just you wheesht :p

Cheers wasso, the car will be used only for track and an occasional run on the roads once I get we back. Alot of the comforts of the car are remove now and I imagine it will be noisey as hell.

What did you remove out of interest to lose your 60 odd kg?

Boot

Spare wheel

Tools

Toneua cover

Boot plastics

Passenger cubby plastics

Oem strut for aftermarket

Cats - replaced with de-cats

Y-pipe - lighter using motordyne

Oem wheel nuts for duraluminum, saved 1kg alone with wheel nuts

Braided brake hoses - the oem lines and bracket lost me over 1kg

This was using a list of weights on my350z, some chap weighed pretty much every removable part including the steering wheel etc. I reckon with what you strip and replace ie roll cage etc you should be looking at well over 100kg for sure :thumbs:

Boot

Spare wheel

Tools

Toneua cover

Boot plastics

Passenger cubby plastics

This was using a list of weights on my350z, some chap weighed pretty much every removable part including the steering wheel etc. I reckon with what you strip and replace ie roll cage etc you should be looking at well over 100kg for sure :thumbs:

Cheers for that mate. I'm dropping all the glass out the car except the windscreen to remove more weight.

The cage is remarkably light so i'm hoping to break the 100kg mark. I have also changed all the suspension etc to kw v3's and stuff so hopefully that will save some weight also. All the hoses etc have been changed to braided away back at the start also. I've probably changed most of the stuff you listed also :thumbs:

I'll let you know how she weighs in once complete :)

Boot

Spare wheel

Tools

Toneua cover

Boot plastics

Passenger cubby plastics

Cheers for that mate. I'm dropping all the glass out the car except the windscreen to remove more weight.

The cage is remarkably light so i'm hoping to break the 100kg mark. I have also changed all the suspension etc to kw v3's and stuff so hopefully that will save some weight also. All the hoses etc have been changed to braided away back at the start also. I've probably changed most of the stuff you listed also :thumbs:

I'll let you know how she weighs in once complete :)

If you take tons of crap out of the rear.. does it not affect the traction :shrug: ...... could be a but skittish if you ask me :scare: