Neilp Build thread-- " NOS.... I Need NOS!!! "

Neilp

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Tony! This week mate or start of next. Cannot wait!! It's gonna be quick with the 100 shot on top of what it's already got.

Whats the plans for yours mate? When is it due to be complete? You must be missing her?

Will! Glad you enjoyed the show lol!

I'm very happy with 40hp increase at the hubs from fitting an ecu and getting mapped properly. Probably the best money I have spent yet.

Never seen anything like a stepped run, almost sounded king of painful, but I'd be sure to get back down to AME for those flames B)

You'll love the NOS Mate!

Previously were you mapped in Uprev and since swapping to Haltech has it given the extra beans?

Not long now though eh mate :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Ame facebook. There's two videos. The normal dyno run and then a step run.

I've left you a wee message on AME's FB ;):lol:

Will's right she is playing a wee tune - I take it the flamage will be gone though once she's all finished ...you don't want to raise eyebrows at Knockers like Mr T used to :blink:

Alexonfire.jpg

I might go visit her while I'm down south this weekend ;)

shouldn't really be flaming though should it ? :snack:

You got no o2 sensors? thought you needed them... :dummy: Nah meant the four plugs for the exhaust cam timing, you do need them though ;) Wouldn't mind looking at your map at some stage ;)

You got the dyno printouts? what fuel did you use? must be excited since you don't read it all :p well done anyway! What is the rev limit set to? Do you already have the uprev delimiter and throttle response done?

Woah Anders too many questions lol!

O2 sensors are now swapped to aem wideband ones. The flaming is just heat. It will still flame on the nos as it runs rich. The flames there is just a bit of over run and lots of heat. Normal due to the decats and exhaust setup.

No dyno printouts yet as its not finished yet. Mapped on v-power 99ron but it's been sitting a while so maybe lost a bit of its juice.

Anders it's a revup engine with uprev. Think rev limiter is at 7200, not too sure. Speed limiter is removed also.

Vik , Lol mr t's car melted his bumper which automatically gives home legend status! :lol:

Cannot wait to get her back. If I knew she would have dyno'd so well I would have saved a couple of grand adams left the nos out lmao (I probably wouldn't)

Cheers for the ecu Keyser :thumbs: you know with her wait loss when she gets back ill defo be hunting you down at combe :p

Very nice numbers for NA tune Neil :thumbs:

Standalone ECU gives you more freedom to optimise every aspect of a tune. UTEC, Unichip and other piggyback or reflashes like Uprev or Technosquare are all very good but just overidding the OEM ECU parameters so are limited ultimately but if you look at the cost difference both routes are good,so far as your tuner can make the most of it and what your budget limitation is.

Neil, I really love that cage even more now :D turned out real nice but as pointed you forgot the harnes bar :shrug:

Waiting for the NOS tune and dynoes :snack:

So the Haltech outperforms UpRev then.

Funny that as I was told to stay away from them :dummy:

:lol:

Not sure it's that simple mate, not sure what you can or can't control with the uprev but would think the main bits are tuneable in both. It depends on the mapper a lot and how much time was spent on actually dyno.

O2 sensors are now swapped to aem wideband ones. The flaming is just heat. It will still flame on the nos as it runs rich. The flames there is just a bit of over run and lots of heat. Normal due to the decats and exhaust setup.

No dyno printouts yet as its not finished yet. Mapped on v-power 99ron but it's been sitting a while so maybe lost a bit of its juice.

Anders it's a revup engine with uprev. Think rev limiter is at 7200, not too sure. Speed limiter is removed also.

Vik , Lol mr t's car melted his bumper which automatically gives home legend status! :lol:

Cannot wait to get her back. If I knew she would have dyno'd so well I would have saved a couple of grand adams left the nos out lmao (I probably wouldn't)

Cheers for the ecu Keyser :thumbs: you know with her wait loss when she gets back ill defo be hunting you down at combe :p

99ron B) expensive to fill I'm guessing ;) Would be nice if they had that rating over here! Would be happier if the re-introduce E85 though :snack:

I've seen guys tune with E5 but been told to stay away from it due to it's varying quality from pump to pump... Don't think you UK guys have E5 or even E10 on offer over there? I'd like to see a nice quality E10 at the pumps! (would retune my car then!)

99ron B) expensive to fill I'm guessing ;) Would be nice if they had that rating over here! Would be happier if the re-introduce E85 though :snack:

I've seen guys tune with E5 but been told to stay away from it due to it's varying quality from pump to pump... Don't think you UK guys have E5 or even E10 on offer over there? I'd like to see a nice quality E10 at the pumps! (would retune my car then!)

I have no idea what you are talking about anders lol. I just see a v-power sign and buy it. Move into a city instead of staying in the middle of fields :lol:

Went to a good home mate :thumbs:

Hunting me down ????

Elmer Fudd v Bugs Bunny :bleh:

Went to a good home mate :thumbs:

Hunting me down ????

Elmer Fudd v Bugs Bunny :bleh:

Hahaha you know I will be... More like road runner :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen your peak 310tq at the hubs, very nice.

Is this with the 100 shot??

Reason I ask is that on my 75 I ran 298tq, just wondered if you've got more to come :thumbs:

Having problems with the controller at the moment :thumbdown: Dan's phoning nitrous express tonight to find out a way to solve it.

Think that is on the 75 jets also :)

She isnt running progressively either as the controller isnt picking up the rpm at the moment which = fail

Mark @ Abbey had the same issues with mine trying to get the RPM signal, maybe have a chat with him to see how it was solved.

That'll be good if it is the 75 shot for sure :clap:

Cheers mate will let Dan know :teeth:

cant believe how much more torque and hp the nos made through out the range tbh. Even though the peak isnt as High as I may have liked. At 4000rpm she's running 60hp more @ hubs which makes me :teeth:

Very nice mate good power was that with 100 nos ?

Think it was the 75 tony. Emailed dan to ask him as I only gave him 75 injectors. If it is only 75 then i'll be getting him to throw in the 100 injectors :)

Whats happening with your monster?