Tax dollars at its most useful

EH 370z

Agreed, needless to say the local drunks often adorn the Dorking C0ck with traffic cones and tinsel, I guess they think it hasn't been done before :surrender:

Here we have flowers... which are paid for by companies (mostly oil operators) putting signs up on the roundabout. It's not exactly amazing but flowers are better than some of the sh*te posted! :lol::lol:

Toby, if you think that's bad, remind me to show you the Hartlepool Marbles - cost £100k for essesntially 8 metal balls.

So let me get this right, you want to show me your Hartlepool balls?

I'm not sure our relationship is quite at this level yet old chap :lol::lol:

B of the Bang in Manchester costing 1.4m.

The-B-of-the-Bang-Manchester.jpg

Was going to be painted, but it rusted so they left it. Looked impressive, then some of the spikes fell off, so it was surrounded with safety barriers for about a year, which looked attractive. It was then taken down. It's now in storage, and they will put it back up when they can secure 2-3m - which they'll need to ensure more spikes don't fall off. Wonder what would happen if they put it to public vote?

Toby, if you think that's bad, remind me to show you the Hartlepool Marbles - cost £100k for essesntially 8 metal balls.

So let me get this right, you want to show me your Hartlepool balls?

I'm not sure our relationship is quite at this level yet old chap :lol::lol:

:doh:

Weston-super-Mare.

The Carrot. In one of the most run-down drug-addled towns in Somerset.

"A structure known as Silica was installed at Big Lamp Corner during 2006.[32] It is a piece of public art, an advertising sign, a retail kiosk selling newspapers and hot food, as well as a bus shelter. It has been criticised by local residents who liken it to a carrot or a space ship, although it is meant to symbolise man's harmony with the sea"

8973800.jpg

Weston-super-Mare.

"A structure known as Silica was installed at Big Lamp Corner during 2006.[32] It is a piece of public art, an advertising sign, a retail kiosk selling newspapers and hot food, as well as a bus shelter. It has been criticised by local residents who liken it to a carrot or a space ship, although it is meant to symbolise man's harmony with the sea"

8973800.jpg

See I don’t mind that so much, as it has a practical use. but I wonder if the council would see it the same way if you applied for planning permission to have it in your garden!?

Weston-super-Mare.

8973800.jpg

Idon't sea the harmony with the sea..... but I actually quite like it! :lol::lol::lol: