Whats your most 'regrettable' mod?

deank93

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenum spacer gives nowt.... fraid it does not. Mid range torque and bhp is improved, not only that, it paves the way forward for any other breather mods added, such as air induction and exhaust, so air in and air out. Mix the MREV2 with the Plenum spacer of course on the revup only and you gain 20+hp - it may only be 20hp but 20 is better than nothing and the sound and power increase is noticable. A number of people who get into my car notice it pulls a lot better than oem, a lot better!

People opt for the plenum spacer for it's simplicity, yes it's over priced, it's just a spacer, but for it's linking benefit it's not just a pointless mod.

I also agree with DannyBoy - the car is improved no end with additional bolt ons. I've never regreted any of my major mods from XYZ pioe, to ARC air induction, the MREV2 and so on. They contribute together and blend all those horses and torques to put a bloody great smile on my face. Yes it cost a fair amount, but at the end of the day I still get in my car and smile when I press the go pedal.

For all those people who have fitted their plenum spacer - question would you remove it? I promise you 95% would say no I wouldn't remove it.

Anyway - everyone is entitled to an opinion so as long as the car owner is happy so be it. We can't all like the same thing, apart from Berk HFC's!! (Bandwagon lol) :lol:

I had a plenum spacer & my car made more power without it (Same dyno) ;)

And yes, I did remove it :p

Sounds very suspicious, surely it must have had a leek, I'd be surprised if it lost you power :shrug:

No leak :)

Never felt any difference after fitting it and never felt any difference after taking it off.

It's not going to give a great deal on it's own as you know. When I had my 25 shot of NOS I expected more impact, but NOS is just a hit and not a progressive 1k revs etc. But, 75 made it more interesting. To be fair to get the best results adding the MREV made the contributing difference, and as you may know the only difference with the MREV is the flattened front two snouts. Bonkers when you think about it :lol:

The only thing I had fitted after the spacer were my manifolds.

I'm sure if I had the car mapped at that point then I would have felt more benefit, but people proclaiming it as the best and most essential mod ever are just wrong IMO

Agreed. There is no "the best mod" being NA it's all about building a number of mods to assist with making mild increases. I benefit from NA mods and NOS, so it works out fine for a small to medium boost. The NOS is going to Keyser in the new year and being replaced by SC. the crave for more power is a nuisance but fun.

Ahhhh,

I rest my case...... :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

:doh: read the rest of Ian's post "I'm sure if I had the car mapped at that point then I would have felt more benefit"

Agreed. There is no "the best mod" being NA it's all about building a number of mods to assist with making mild increases. I benefit from NA mods and NOS, so it works out fine for a small to medium boost. The NOS is going to Keyser in the new year and being replaced by SC. the crave for more power is a nuisance but fun.

Its also a huge worry. Listening for every little noise & worrying that the car may blow at any point - I know Mark always said it was a safe map but that didn't stop the worry.

Atleast I know with the GTR that it WILL blow up at some point :lol:

That's a fair point Ian regarding worry, when my plug went in Wales I thought my world had collapsed. Even though the car was running all be it on 5 cylinders I was thinking the bottom of the engine had fallen out!

read my post on page on page 3......... :wacko:

I wasn't talking about all the " bells and whistles" that is required with the plenum spacer was I

I am fully aware that it needs an up rev for it to be a benefit. But as a stand alone mod, its a waste of money,time and effort.

And at least Ian has the balls to cough up on this discussion, and say it was crap. :thumbs:

Ahhhh,

:doh: read the rest of Ian's post "I'm sure if I had the car mapped at that point then I would have felt more benefit"

I dont regret any of my mods but I do wish I analysed in more detail the effect it had on my bank balance. Starting to wish I had went TT from the start and just saved my money so I could afford it as the bills I have had upto now would have easily covered the price of a TT build lol

Ahhhh,

I thought I read somewhere the spacer has no gains with a revup lower plenum anyway only with the non-revup one (or Mrev2). That could be why you didn't see any gains....or maybe I just dreamt that as I cant find the topic now :shrug:

Ok fair enough. So..... what mod would you call £ for HP the best mod then :snack:

selling it and buying a faster car. :lol:

:lol: beat me to it. This^^ is the only option that makes sense if you are even thinking about money when trying to get more power.

Ok fair enough. So..... what mod would you call £ for HP the best mod then :snack:

selling it and buying a faster car. :lol:

:lol: beat me to it. This^^ is the only option that makes sense if you are even thinking about money when trying to get more power.

+1

I learnt the hard way :blush:

I agree to a certain extent. But I have to mod any car I own even if it's the smallest way possible. I mod because I like it, makes me bond with my car :lol:, And it gives me a feeling of making my car more efficient or getting the best from it. Espicially since I started working on my car myself it's a nice feeling of achievement when you mod.

You give me a 'rari I'd still most likely change the exhaust and do the meanwhile mods.

I agree to a certain extent. But I have to mod any car I own even if it's the smallest way possible. I mod because I like it, makes me bond with my car :lol:, And it gives me a feeling of making my car more efficient or getting the best from it. Espicially since I started working on my car myself it's a nice feeling of achievement when you mod.

You give me a 'rari I'd still most likely change the exhaust and do the meanwhile mods.

i'm not saying don't mod; i adjust all my cars i've owned, some for the better and some for the worse. and agree its all about making it personally.

but i think there are cars to chase power figures in and cars to play with asthetics.

with modernish cars like the zed i'd only look at major power mods on FI cars as they are the only ones to show major improvement for minamal outlay. for me the zed was about improving sound and looks with a mild performance twist.