Whats your most 'regrettable' mod?

deank93

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry mate, I missed this post. The main problem is heat soak, there's a thread on here somewhere that discusses the whole thing. With the K & N box I was seeing really high air intake temperatures (low is good) and the box needed modification to avoid rubbing against wiring loom, I think others had to mod too. In the end I removed the K & N box, modified the K & N upper pipe and refitted the standard airbox with rt biscuits velocity stack mod, I also kept the K & N scoop and lower pipe. Now the air intake temp is considerably improved, better hp was achieved also at remap.

In the end it's noise versus hp, oh and looks too :lol:B)

K & N Typhoon filter box :thumbdown:

Why ?

was thinking of getting one

Sorry mate, I missed this post. The main problem is heat soak, there's a thread on here somewhere that discusses the whole thing. With the K & N box I was seeing really high air intake temperatures (low is good) and the box needed modification to avoid rubbing against wiring loom, I think others had to mod too. In the end I removed the K & N box, modified the K & N upper pipe and refitted the standard airbox with rt biscuits velocity stack mod, I also kept the K & N scoop and lower pipe. Now the air intake temp is considerably improved, better hp was achieved also at remap.

Why ?

Fitment issues aside , was the power loss noticeable ? i only wanted it for the looks and noise and on a near 300hp car i can let a couple drop off :blush:

If it's looks and noise then go for it :thumbs: As you say the difference is not discernible on a 300hp car, to be honest my slight hp gain was a bonus but after I put the original air box back in and sprayed it it looked much better than the K & N box IMHO B)

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55779

Why ?

Fitment issues aside , was the power loss noticeable ? i only wanted it for the looks and noise and on a near 300hp car i can let a couple drop off :blush:

If it's looks and noise then go for it :thumbs: As you say the difference is not discernible on a 300hp car, to be honest my slight hp gain was a bonus but after I put the original air box back in and sprayed it it looked much better than the K & N box IMHO B)

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55779

Why ?

:thumbs: would be an expensive blue pipe though :scare:

worst mistake i made was fiting a BMC CDA. some reason the car kept stalling. it sounded a little too troaghty at low revs. as son as i put the standard air box on allll was resloved :) im just assuming too much air was flowing into the regulator or something alog those lines. scared me tho as id only just bought the car 3 days before. just so gladit returned back to normal :)

worst mistake i made was fiting a BMC CDA. some reason the car kept stalling. it sounded a little too troaghty at low revs. as son as i put the standard air box on allll was resloved :) im just assuming too much air was flowing into the regulator or something alog those lines. scared me tho as id only just bought the car 3 days before. just so gladit returned back to normal :)

sounds like it wasn't fitted properly and you had an air leak, (did you fit the air feed pipe as well? where did you feed it from?

also its recommended to do an ECU reset after fitting a new item like that, as the engine then learns from scratch the new settings.

On a trip to Le Mans a few moons ago, I decalled my car to the max, one of the decals was some oriental writing, some smart fart pointed out that my Chinese decals were on upside down :lol:

This smart fart pointed out, that the Chinese decals were actually Japanese :p

Not a regret, really, but the front moustache decal was, made my car look gay :surrender: