Is this sad - or is it . . . . ?

ianphampton

So, bought my girl a set of spacers from MWTech, and as winter is coming up, thought I'd take the opportunity to clean the wheels while I had them off to fit the spacers.

Saturday was fine and clear, so jacked her up, took front wheel off . . . and it was DREADFUL inside.

This was going to be a bit more of a job than I'd thought!

Whilst on my knees, scrubbing with the Bilberry wheel cleaner, with the normal wheel brush and then the non-scratch pan scrubber, leaving it to soak for 15 minutes while I had a coffee, and as my back began to ache - I started to think -

What motivates guys to do things?

1) Sex. Well, Ok, but there's not much of that involved in scrubbing your wheels.

2) Money. Not much of that involved here, either, apart from the fact that I've bought the car, and want to keep her in good condition to protect my investment (or minimise the depreciation)

3) Promotion and advancement - Not much of that here either, as I'm unlikely to get promoted because the inside of my wheels (which can't be seen anyway) are clean.

4) So - what else . . . . and in the end, the only thing I could think of was . . . for me and my Zed . . . it must be love!

By the time I finished all 4 wheels, and refitted them on the spacers (all nicely polished with Poorboys and the spacers carefully Copperslipped on the bolts - it was pretty well full dark, and cold, and I ached and had 2 cuts on my fingers - and all so my girl could look her best.

As I say - is this sad . . . . or is it . . . . :cloud9:

1-InsideDirtyWheel.jpg

2-WorkInprogress2washeswithBilberry.jpg

3-WorkInprogress4washeswithBilberry.jpg

4-Iwillcallthatclean.jpg

5-Poorboyswheelsealant.jpg

6-Frontbeforespacers.jpg

7-Frontafterspacers.jpg

8-Rearbeforespacers.jpg

9-Rearafterspacers.jpg

I'm with you on this one bud. Doesn't matter if nobody else can see it. If I know the muck is there, it will bug the bejeeezus out of me. My mates and family think I have borderline OCD, but they havent seen my spare room (the room that all my crap gets thrown in to make the rest of the house look tidy) :lol:

Best way to completely clean the wheels. Looks so nice when they've been freshly and thoroughly cleaned and waxed. I use pre-wax cleaner and swirl remover on mine before I wax them. Even running very agressive brake pads, the water will bead off the rims after each wash for many months afterwards. B)

Its a man thing :headhurt:

Ahem. :p:lol: It tis'inst. :p

I couldnt stop stroking my car after i clay barred it.

I have also found myself patting the top of the instrument binacle when i come out of a nice squirming / slight drifting 2nd gear corner smooth as you like.

Is that not why we all bought a 2-seater sports car. Because it makes us happy :teeth:

Clayed mine at the weekend as well...when you do it the first time you see how much comes off its ridiculous how much is sticking there. I use gtechniq C5 on my wheels, absolutely fantastic stuff makes getting crap off a simple case of a wash mitt and some warm water+shampoo.

Have to say mine were as clean as that. But, you give it a week or so and they will be BLACK inside again. Its very disheartning. :(

You can use a small sponge to clean the back of the spokes, taking care not to touch the front side of the wheels. Works well and will help keep rims cleaner longer.