Car Sellers - What goes on in their heads?

James B

Car traders and estate agents are a different breed. A sweeping generalisation I know but one I've found to be generally true....

Also, in our experience of having estate agents through the door, most of them seem to be severely challenged in the height department and have REALLY SMALL HANDS!

We should do a poll of the most irritating professions. I've got :

Traffice wardens

Estate agents

Car salespeople

Telesales people

Any salespeople.....

:lol:

Sorry for the hijack and no offence to salespeople who drive a Zed, they must be alright :surrender:

Car traders and estate agents are a different breed. A sweeping generalisation I know but one I've found to be generally true....

Also, in our experience of having estate agents through the door, most of them seem to be severely challenged in the height department and have REALLY SMALL HANDS!

Traffice wardens

Estate agents

Car salespeople

Telesales people

Any salespeople.....

Sorry for the hijack and no offence to salespeople who drive a Zed, they must be alright :surrender:

You should be sorry - a salesperson started this thread! :boxing::lol:

Traffice wardens

Estate agents

Car salespeople

Telesales people

Any salespeople.....

Recruitment Consultants, Car Dealers, Estate agents, in that order. I own a recruitment company BTW :wave:

Traffice wardens

Estate agents

Car salespeople

Telesales people

Any salespeople.....

Recruitment Consultants, Car Dealers, Estate agents, in that order. I own a recruitment company BTW :wave:

I own a recruitment company BTW :wave:

I hope you're not one of them that keeps phoning me, its fooking annoying :boxing: A lot of crappy recruitment firms have recently realised how much money is to be made in what I do and wont stop calling me offering stupidly low day rates, thinking they can take like 50% of it without me knowing :bangin::bang: Not saying you're company is crap btw, just a lot of crap ones out there!

I think it's the 'Eplica' bit..........

So the problem is that he missed an 'R' out of the word replica?? :headhurt:

From what I can see, it's just a 520d and it has M5 bodykit on it. He states that the bodykit is original and not replica......whats the big deal? :)

I think it's the 'Eplica' bit..........

So the problem is that he missed an 'R' out of the word replica?? :headhurt:

From what I can see, it's just a 520d and it has M5 bodykit on it. He states that the bodykit is original and not replica......whats the big deal? :)

Sigh - it's not a big deal. The strangest thing is it's actually filed under M5's when it should be under 5 series. I was just continuing the long tradition on the forum of picking apart silly ad's. The 'eplica' observation was in addition to this and not the focus of my comment.

I think I get what your on about... You start searching for a prestige model of car then all of a sudden you find one that looks good and well in budget but it turns out to be a replica...

Bit like me the other day thinking I could afford a Ferrari off Auto trader but it turned out to be an MR2 with a Ferrari body kit :thumbdown:

I hope you're not one of them that keeps phoning me, its fooking annoying :boxing:

TBH, thats the problem with most recruiters, they just dont accept "no" as an answer. Rather like the other two Ive mentioned actually :D

Unless you are an aircraft technician, a pilot or a composite production guy then its not going to be my lot hassling you .......... that said, if anyone needs any of the aforementioned, drop me a PM ;):teeth:

I hope you're not one of them that keeps phoning me, its fooking annoying :boxing:

TBH, thats the problem with most recruiters, they just dont accept "no" as an answer. Rather like the other two Ive mentioned actually :D

Unless you are an aircraft technician, a pilot or a composite production guy then its not going to be my lot hassling you .......... that said, if anyone needs any of the aforementioned, drop me a PM ;):teeth:

At my old company they used to tell the telesales staff that 'No' didn't mean 'No' it just mean't 'Not now', therefore if they said 'No' last month, they may say 'Yes' today :headhurt:

At my old company they used to tell the telesales staff that 'No' didn't mean 'No' it just mean't 'Not now', therefore if they said 'No' last month, they may say 'Yes' today :headhurt:

I find they tend to listen when you start mentioning data protection, harassment and Ofcom. In my field (software design/development) I use a very specific bit of kit. The proper recuiters are very good at what they do, dont take a massive cut and generally are no bother at all - and quite nice to catch up with as they let you know about new projects that have cropped up. What makes me mad is the offshore muppets that see it as a golden egg to just make loads of money. I dont see how they ever make any but then somehow they still call me once or twice a month. :rant:

That BM is lovely but can see exactly what the poster is on about.

Went to a Nissan dealer recently and there was a 2005 350, with 53k on the clock, none Rays wheels, scratched interior and swirled to high hell paint - £12.5k, the guy kept insisting it was a good price where as I was telling him he was miles away! He said they'd sort all the cars short comings for me, where as if I owned that dealer all of that would have been done before it had gone anywhere near a forecourt!

Some recruiters are also quite funny, thankfully the agency I'm with for my first contract have been top notch, very professional throughout :)

That explains why I still keep getting the same firm of recruitment consulants phoning and emailing me week in / week out even though ive told them many times "NO WE ARE NOT INTERESTED". Argh!