Considering selling up...

marzman

Well...

I've been thinking about this for for several months now as i dont really get the enjoyment out of my zed that i should...

This is my second zed, and while i loved my first i havent really fallen in love with this one - im guessing because i bought it in the finished state that it's in - i.e. there was no effort involved - i just paid for it! I dont feel a particular sense of pride when driving it. :shrug:

That said - i dont like driving it anywhere as i feel like it's too nice - i've put it on such a pedestal, i dont want to put any miles on it etc :blush:

My final, but biggest reason for thinking about selling up is because of money - but not because of a lack of it! For the first time in my life i've got enough spare cash every month that i can start doing something constructive with. For too long i've squandered it on cars and gadgets etc, and now i think it's time to start putting my money to work for me B) . So if i sold my zed, i'd have have more to play with now, rather than wait a couple of years until my zed's paid off. :)

In terms of a replacement - im thinking something dirt cheap, like a MK2 Diesel Focus or a MK4 Golf TDI... at least until i've bought 5 or 6 properties and im earning a nice income from them :lol:

Now, here comes the part likely to cause a stir - the price!

Quick spec-list below:

38k miles 52-plate JDM Azure Blue 350z, Manual

Nismo Kit (Factory Fitted)

Nismo Exhaust

Nismo Carbon Fibre Engine Cover

Nismo Carbon Fibre B-Pillars

19" Volk GTS Alloys

Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres

2006+ LED Rear lights

Brembos with uprated DBA vented/grooved discs all round/uprated pads/goodridge braided lines

Uprated clutch and lightweigh Fly wheel

Full RSW Carbon Fibre Interior

Black Heated Leather Seats

JWT Pop Charger

Kenwood Headunit (Very good, with Bluetooth)

Pioneer uprated speakers all round

Nurrish Sat Nav

Head up display

Private Plate UK52 ZED

...and 2x Folders full of receipts for all mods and services!

The way i see it a 52 plate car with only 38k miles would be worth £5.5k. Add £750 for a nismo kit, and maybe another £750 for the plate/uprated brakes/uprated clutch and the overall quality and we're at £7000. Then add the wheels/exhaust/carbon interior/etc (i.e. bits that can be sold separately if required) and i think it's at about £10k

So... im going to carry on thinking about it for a bit longer, but i might put an add up for £10k in the near future and see if i get any interest. The other positive factor is that i dont need to sell it at all, so i can leave it for sale until i get an offer that i like.

Any thoughts...?

Here's a few pics:

100_0543-2.jpg

DSCF8744.jpg

100_0542.jpg

100_0494.jpg

100_0491.jpg

100_0486.jpg

100_0457.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Defo split it all.

Someone will snap up the zed at £5.5k pretty quickly, even with standard wheels and exhaust etc, then the Volks and exhaust would sell in minutes on here.

Personally, I wouldn't pay £10k for a 52 plate import, no matter what mods are on it, but you never know someone else might......

Defo split it all.

Someone will snap up the zed at £5.5k pretty quickly, even with standard wheels and exhaust etc, then the Volks and exhaust would sell in minutes on here.

Personally, I wouldn't pay £10k for a 52 plate import, no matter what mods are on it, but you never know someone else might......

+1

Split it up, its a bit of a hassle but will be better...for everyone on here who is eyeing up all those lovely parts! :lol:

Agreed £10k is a tad high, you can get this one for a steel viewtopic.php?f=56&t=53995 which is TT'd up.

I think your car has a superb look and with the mods it probably is worth £10k but I'd say a prospective buyer will only pay between £7-8k. Sorry mate I know it's gutting.

Mine is a 56 plate and 2 years ago I paid £16k it's now only worth around £10k by what I've seen on Autotrader. Sickening!!

I can understand your personal motives for selling, but for anyone reading this news don't be put off - it is one of the best put together ZEDs around and a credit to previous owners and members on here Anubis and NismoDave :

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=23465&hilit=for+sale

Whilst 'stripping' the car of the more desirable bits might make financial sense, there is still the cost, time and work of the replacement standard items, particularly if not already available? So that needs to factored in.

A car like this that Chris has kept in the same tip top condition as Darren (previous owner) will become a sought after ZED in years to come IMO when 'ownership' of the added mods/work is perhaps not so necessary. I'm sure/hope there will be potential purchasers out there who will see that advantage. Maybe 10k may be too much, but that's what someone will spend to buy a standard and add the bits back to create a really distinctive and desirable ZED to 'make it their own' :shrug:

I can understand your personal motives for selling, but for anyone reading this news don't be put off - it is one of the best put together ZEDs around and a credit to previous owners and members on here Anubis and NismoDave :

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=23465&hilit=for+sale

Whilst 'stripping' the car of the more desirable bits might make financial sense, there is still the cost, time and work of the replacement standard items, particularly if not already available? So that needs to factored in.

A car like this that Chris has kept in the same tip top condition as Darren (previous owner) will become a sought after ZED in years to come IMO when 'ownership' of the added mods/work is perhaps not so necessary. I'm sure/hope there will be potential purchasers out there who will see that advantage. Maybe 10k may be too much, but that's what someone will spend to buy a standard and add the bits back to create a really distinctive and desirable ZED to 'make it their own' :shrug:

Thanks Colin,

These were my thoughts exactly (and the reason that i bought this car in the first place). I think it has been maintained to an incredible standard by the previous owners and is one of, if not the best examples of a 52-plate zed out there, which has got to count for something :lol:

I completely appreciate everyone's comments about it being a lot of money though, and the suggestions to strip it etc - this is what i was expecting you all to say :lol:

Searching on autotrader for cars < 60k miles there is only 1 under £6k and thats an auto and is £5900. The cheapest Nismo-kitted zed is this one, at £9500.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

When i bought my car, my criteria was that it must be in Azure, and must have a Nismo kit. As im in no rush to sell, im more than happy to wait for someone like me to come along with the same criteria and buy my car. :thumbs:

...and colin you are right again - i have no standard parts to put on, so this makes stripping a less appealing option.

So all you vultures will have to wait for now :lol:

Agreed £10k is a tad high, you can get this one for a steel viewtopic.php?f=56&t=53995 which is TT'd up.

I think your car has a superb look and with the mods it probably is worth £10k but I'd say a prospective buyer will only pay between £7-8k. Sorry mate I know it's gutting.

Mine is a 56 plate and 2 years ago I paid £16k it's now only worth around £10k by what I've seen on Autotrader. Sickening!!

Cheers Ian,

Yours has got to be worth more than £10k surely...

£7-8k sounds reasonable but i can afford to wait for someone like me to come looking for a needle in a haystack :lol:

If I returned it to stock realistically with 59k of miles on the clock to make a sale I'd have to price at £10k. Mods I could probably release about 3-4k it's just depretiation and the v6 Market in it's decline that drops the price.

Cheers Ian,

Yours has got to be worth more than £10k surely...

£7-8k sounds reasonable but i can afford to wait for someone like me to come looking for a needle in a haystack :lol:

If you can afford to wait, then do it!

Whenever I have sold my cars, I've always priced them above the market average and made sure my ad's were incredibly detailed and plenty of high quality pics. And to date, I think all of my cars have sold in a couple of weeks and mainly to the first person that came to see it. :thumbs:

I can relate to not feeling like the car is 'yours' I don't feel the skyline is mine despite the attention it gets. I was looking for something cheaper and my other option was a half decent BMW 3 coupe so compared to an everyday car like that I'm glad I went for something more unique. And went for something already modded as I don't have the time/spare cash just now but luckily for me it's not completely finished so I can still put my own mark on it. Might just take more time than the zed did :lol:

I can't help but think that the body mods on your zed really narrow it's market for selling and as such I think you will be waiting a long while for someone to come along and pay top dollar for a car built to such individual taste....like you say, i think 7k is the right money but fingers crossed you can pinch a bit more off the right person.

I can't help but think that the body mods on your zed really narrow it's market for selling and as such I think you will be waiting a long while for someone to come along and pay top dollar for a car built to such individual taste....like you say, i think 7k is the right money but fingers crossed you can pinch a bit more off the right person.

The body mods are a "nismo v1 bodykit"... one of the most desired and natural looking kits for the 350z mate. Its not that the market is narrow for selling it, I think the complete opposite. The problem lies where the owner appreciates the time and effort in this car and wants more than market value for it. If the price was right that car would sell in minutes as its an absolute stunner.

PS theres something bizarre about the front bumper for being a factory fit though.. The headlight washers look weird. Just noticed a few minutes ago. Sorry lol

The body mods are a "nismo v1 bodykit"... one of the most desired and natural looking kits for the 350z mate. Its not that the market is narrow for selling it, I think the complete opposite. The problem lies where the owner appreciates the time and effort in this car and wants more than market value for it. If the price was right that car would sell in minutes as its an absolute stunner.

PS theres something bizarre about the front bumper for being a factory fit though.. The headlight washers look weird. Just noticed a few minutes ago. Sorry lol

Cheers Neil. :thumbs:

The headlight washers are actually camera holes... JDM cars had an option for 2x sideways facing cameras to see out of junctions, but they were removed by the car's first UK owner as they didnt work with his new headunit i believe :byebye: Its also got a factory fitted rear view cam, but i dont have it hooked up to anything...

I've spent all night agonising over the figures again tonight and i still cant decide what to do. I've decided that if i do sell, i want a 2001-2003 C-Class Mercedes (always liked them), and they can be picked up for under £4k... but to make it worthwhile i really do have to get top dollar for the zed.

Decisions decisions... :wacko:

Having seen and admired your car Marzman I'm pretty sure that somewhere near what you want for it is possible should you decide to sell it. It's just a matter of waiting to find the right person. With purchase, wheels, paint, exhaust etc etc mine now stands me at what you want for yours! :lol: Had I not already got a zed, yours is certainly one i would consider and would be prepared to pay that bit extra for.

So, if you decide to sell, hold out for what it's really worth!

I'm not knocking the car, just my opinion that any bodykit or exteria modifications regardless of how desireable it may be considered within the owners club community narrows it's market of appeal therefore potentially increasing the time it takes to sell.

Ahh that's cool as! Wish I had funky cameras lol.

I reckon that if you advertise for 10 and willing to accept somewhere in the region on 9, it should sell.

The low mileage is always a selling point for an older car. The car is pristine!

Get it up and see what happens :thumbs:

Cheers Neil. :thumbs:

The headlight washers are actually camera holes... JDM cars had an option for 2x sideways facing cameras to see out of junctions, but they were removed by the car's first UK owner as they didnt work with his new headunit i believe :byebye: Its also got a factory fitted rear view cam, but i dont have it hooked up to anything...

I've spent all night agonising over the figures again tonight and i still cant decide what to do. I've decided that if i do sell, i want a 2001-2003 C-Class Mercedes (always liked them), and they can be picked up for under £4k... but to make it worthwhile i really do have to get top dollar for the zed.

Decisions decisions... :wacko: