Steve Jobs dies thread on here today

glrnet

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Nice one Sarnie haha.

Stop arguing everyone, it doesn't matter. Life is a lot easier when you don't take things such as this so seriously. I don't know what is winding you all up so much, it clearly isn't this topic, I think there are other things going on. Maybe go and have a poo, it might help. :shrug:

Good reading though. :boxing:

Everyone chill out now, it's Friday.

:thumbs:

A fair bit of water has passed under the bridge in recent times.......its no big coincidence that 5-10 of the major (non-moderator) users have either stopped using the forum or drastically reduced their presence.

For those who've gone it was good while it lasted.....unfortunately there are those that don't want to back off into the ether but still feel pretty sour.....hence the slightly tense atmosphere.

Sad really but to paraphrase from the film Cocktail 'things end badly....otherwise they would end at all'. : byebye:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope that wasn't a real bye bye Ricey? :dry:

Nah not from me but I'm really not as interested as I once was. Just not quite the same anymore......besides I'm too bloody busy to spend the amount of time I was on here!

The forum helped me through some tough times. I won't forget that.

Glad to hear it mate, has work improved or are you still busy with the spray cans? B)

Nah not from me but I'm really not as interested as I once was. Just not quite the same anymore......besides I'm too bloody busy to spend the amount of time I was on here!

It is true its not the same as it was 6 months ago, but then that wasnt the same as it was 6 months prior to that. This site will always change, new members will come and go and people will sell there cars, some staying for a bit and others never looking back. Ive been on this site pretty much from day 1 and I have seen a lot of changes many which have changed for the better. I visit the site at least once a day and probably read around 80% of all posts.

What I dont get is why a select few individuals seem to forever hold grudges towards a couple of moderators and just wont let it drop. It really has been going on for long enough now and its those individuals who drag down the tone of this site. Moderators do what they think is in the sites interest, sometimes you may not agree on it but that just the way it is. I am pretty sure that no decision a mod makes is personal one. So after all this time if you cant forget it just move on, go do something else with your time and stop dragging this community down as many of us are sick of it.

Manager in work now but I actually seem to be doing more work in a break to the managerial trend of doing feck all.

Playing a lot more footy too so when I'm not playing I try to train.....or get injured! Spazzed my ankle big time this week. Although tarmac reckons I need to man up....and wax my leg!

It is true its not the same as it was 6 months ago, but then that wasnt the same as it was 6 months prior to that. This site will always change, new members will come and go and people will sell there cars, some staying for a bit and others never looking back. Ive been on this site pretty much from day 1 and I have seen a lot of changes many which have changed for the better. I visit the site at least once a day and probably read around 80% of all posts.

What I dont get is why a select few individuals seem to forever hold grudges towards a couple of moderators and just wont let it drop. It really has been going on for long enough now and its those individuals who drag down the tone of this site. Moderators do what they think is in the sites interest, sometimes you may not agree on it but that just the way it is. I am pretty sure that no decision a mod makes is personal one. So after all this time if you cant forget it just move on, go do something else with your time and stop dragging this community down as many of us are sick of it.

That's why I don't post much. My mum always said 'if you've nowt nice to say then say nothing at all'.

I've not fallen out with anyone and I don't intend too but I found myself being more and more confrontational so it was clear it was time to back away.

Besides I've not really seen a thread of any great interest to me in a good long while.

Great post Marky - exactly my sentiments too. When you've been here quite a few years you learn that people come and go, but the site will always push on. As a team we have to try and steer people in the right direction based on feedback we get from members - remember the so called 5-10 "major" users only make up about 5% of the active user base - if that.

People do "go off" the forum and they do come back. The Zed world isnt changing massively, its pretty much been the same for the last 3-4 years bar the car has gotten cheaper so more people are trying FI and the 370z has come along. People are having the same problems and posting the same threads, thats just how it is. It can get a bit repetitive, but thats the way it is.

Like it or lump it I'm afraid :)

So when are you moving into a 370? B) Hope the managerial thing doesn't get too tiresome :lol: Male waxing :wacko: that's not right and it certainly won't complement your Denim look :p;) Hope your ankle is ok though :thumbs:

Manager in work now but I actually seem to be doing more work in a break to the managerial trend of doing feck all.

Playing a lot more footy too so when I'm not playing I try to train.....or get injured! Spazzed my ankle big time this week. Although tarmac reckons I need to man up....and wax my leg!

So when are you moving into a 370? B) Hope the managerial thing doesn't get too tiresome :lol: Male waxing :wacko: that's not right and it certainly won't complement your Denim look :p;) Hope your ankle is ok though :thumbs:

Well that's the awesome thing about my company, they make you a manager and give you loads more work but don't pay you anymore money......classic strategy.

Bet that doesn't happen if you work for Apple!

Well that's the awesome thing about my company, they make you a manager and give you loads more work but don't pay you anymore money......classic strategy.

You've now realsed the myth matey.

When a sh1t shoveler the managment have posh suits and do bugger all.

When you get there they just give you a BIGGER shovel and tell you shift a BIGGER pile of sh1t. :lol:

Says he who is retired from it. :yahoo:

Count yourself lucky, where i work if you move up to management (staff level) you actually earn less than been an hourly paid shop floor worker! :wacko:

So staying hourly paid FTW. :thumbs:

:wacko::surrender: How do they justify that?

Count yourself lucky, where i work if you move up to management (staff level) you actually earn less than been an hourly paid shop floor worker! :wacko:

So staying hourly paid FTW. :thumbs:

If I'm working evenings or weekends and working alongside sessional youth workers some of them will be earning more per hour than me because they're on time and a half - I no longer get unsocial hours payment (which used to be 7.5%) :thumbdown:

I'm so out of touch with that kind of thing since I became self employed (nearly 9years), as usual "Takers get the honey. Givers sing the blues". Don't tell me, your contract of employment now says you have to work the unsocial hours "as required" :thumbdown::wacko:

If I'm working evenings or weekends and working alongside sessional youth workers some of them will be earning more per hour than me because they're on time and a half - I no longer get unsocial hours payment (which used to be 7.5%) :thumbdown:

Reminds me of an old comedy sketch, it went something like this:-

"I got a tax return from the government today, it only asked for three things, 1, how much did you earn? 2, how much have you got left?, 3, send it in." :)

I dont mind the unsociable hours. I like my job. I am happy with my gross pay.

Its all the bloody lines of deductions underneath that wind me up. :angry:

"I got a tax return from the government today, it only asked for three things, 1, how much did you earn? 2, how much have you got left?, 3, send it in." :)

In my 12 years of working, this is the first year I've had to pay tax. not liking it! :scare:

I need to meet you accountant :lol:

In my 12 years of working, this is the first year I've had to pay tax. not liking it! :scare:

I need to meet you accountant :lol:

Seafarers Earnings Deduction.

I used to work out of the country for more than 186 days per annum.