Steve Jobs dies thread on here today

glrnet

So the iPhone has changed the world? Not really. Without the iPhone we would just be.. without the iPhone. Clutching some other innovative little improvement on the mobile phone.

9/11 and the associated war has changed the world massively. I saw hardly ANYTHING said on my Facebook about the 10th anniversary of 9/11, and one status about the 10th anniversary of the war. But my news feed was absolutely littered with Michael Jackson/Amy Winehouse/Steve Jobs tributes, one person even started quoting him and calling him an 'inspiration'. I mean WHAT!? They never even knew what he was like personally, and base their opinion on the newspaper obituary. Another girl I knew had to go home early from work because of the emotional trauma when Amy Winehouse died. But she was fine to work on the 11th of September.

That annoys me and makes me worried about the state of our species.

Over and Out.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the iPhone has changed the world? Not really. Without the iPhone we would just be.. without the iPhone. Clutching some other innovative little improvement on the mobile phone.

9/11 and the associated war has changed the world massively. I saw hardly ANYTHING said on my Facebook about the 10th anniversary of 9/11, and one status about the 10th anniversary of the war. But my news feed was absolutely littered with Michael Jackson/Amy Winehouse/Steve Jobs tributes, one person even started quoting him and calling him an 'inspiration'. I mean WHAT!? They never even knew what he was like personally, and base their opinion on the newspaper obituary. Another girl I knew had to go home early from work because of the emotional trauma when Amy Winehouse died. But she was fine to work on the 11th of September.

That annoys me and makes me worried about the state of our species.

Over and Out.

+ about a million

Steve Jobs died of cancer, which sucks, it really does. However, he did not die for the iPhone, he didn't die for his revolutionary marketing ideas, he just died.

The 382 British personnel who have died in Afghanistan, three of whom were my personal friends, absolutely did die for what they believed in. They may not have had any world-altering ideas or revolutionary beliefs but they were fully prepared to die for the beliefs they did hold. The fact that this loss goes relatively unnoticed due to the death of a single man from natural causes, I think is wrong, very wrong.

DB

I must have missed where someone equated his life to that of hundreds of soldiers in Afghanistan :surrender:

Maybe we could compare driving around in a 3.5l V6 here with those who are starving in Afghanistan?

+1

Guys, I'm an ex serviceman, spent nearly 3 years in Iraq so I can relate. What is happening in afganistan and what happened on 9/11 is unreal and sh1t. Doesn't mean that nothing else matters. We are aloud to be sad about someone's death. You can't compare Jobs to Winehouse or Jackson. Jobs done a little bit more for this planet that those two freaks.

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Nice one Sarnie haha.

Stop arguing everyone, it doesn't matter. Life is a lot easier when you don't take things such as this so seriously. I don't know what is winding you all up so much, it clearly isn't this topic, I think there are other things going on. Maybe go and have a poo, it might help. :shrug:

Good reading though. :boxing:

Everyone chill out now, it's Friday.

:thumbs:

I talk sense but wrapped in childish parcels :thumbs:

I like your style! This should be a fun place. If people took a chill pill as they entered they'd have a lot more fun! :):thumbs:

Totally agree Stew, used to be a genuinely funny place to come and have a laugh :thumbdown:

Lets change it then Dave. Make it your mission to make funny posts! :D

I like your style! This should be a fun place. If people took a chill pill as they entered they'd have a lot more fun! :):thumbs:

Totally agree Stew, used to be a genuinely funny place to come and have a laugh :thumbdown:

Hmm well first time for everything and all that :p

Bring back babe of the day and this place will soon lift up a bit :teeth:

Bring back babe of the day and this place will soon lift up a bit :teeth:

BOOM!

As long as it's not Poo of the day.....

Or SpursMadDave posing as Babe of the Day!

I actually cried laughing at this thread when Husky and rtb were really on form

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=31331&p=459778&hilit=trippple#p459778