Today is the day!

lukeaJones

im leaving in half an hour for my first nurburgring trip :teeth:

Very excited!!!!!

taking the trip with a group of german cars and im the only jap car.

its only a short trip taking the ferry from hull to rotterdam but get three days at the burg and a day at spa :p

image.jpg

Jealousy!

Say hello to Bennett whilst you're out there, you can't miss him, just listen out for the loudest Zed in the world, well 2nd to Husky with his backbox bypass.

Trust me you won't miss hearing it!

Enjoy the weather is perfect!

Question from a total neeewbie... do you guys play racing games and learn the track before you go?

I don't play any games at all, but I presume knowing how the track goes a little bit would be a good idea.

Heard there is no way you can get the feeling of the hills but knowing the course a little before you got on is a good idea?

Tell you what slimjim, I played Gran Turismo on the PS3 before going to the real Nürburgring, and let me tell you, no matter how much you play it virtually, it doesn't prepare you other than what direction the next turn goes.

The sensation of speed, g-force and fear are vital sensations that are missing from the game versions of the track.

I remember going OMG! OMG! OMG! when I thought I'd overdone it while entering a corner too fast (damp track) but ESP saved my ass.

Yeah.... knowing how the corners go must be a GOOD thing... even if it prepares you for nothing else...

Or would it be better to go in totally virgin?

I have NEVER played a game on that track... so IF I decided to have a go, would I be better off doing as Dan said?

Enjoy it fella, just treat it as a fast road rather than a track and you'll get the best compromise between amazing fun and not stuffing it into the armco :thumbs:

Ha ha Bullet that is so true, play the game understand the layout then BAM!! The ring as you say does overload you with corners, cars, traction, fear, the barriers. I timed all my laps just so that I had an understanding of my dedication to push a bit harder. My first lap was 12:30s then 11:10 with my best lap 10:20 which I wanted 10:00 so that I could claim to beat a girl in a transit van, but failed.

The Ring is amazing, nothing can prepare you for the sensation. It's like looking at the scariest roller coaster and plucking the balls to get on and enjoy it as well as surviving.

I will have another bash at organising another trip for next year.