Opinions please

Ian

Which ones?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones?

• VarresToen
    • Forgestar
    • Stop being tight and buy the Volks

The time has come to treat the GTR to some new wheels :)

I've narrowed it down to a choice of 2 - Forgestar F14 or VarresToen Es 2.2.2. Both wheels are simillary priced, similar offsets and sizes also.

VarresToen 2.2.2

VarresToen22.jpg

Forgestar F14

ForgeStarF14.jpg

Volk RE30

VolkRE30s.jpg

Both wheels have their pros and cons. VarresToens are replicas of the TE37s & are heavier than the originals BUT they are 1/3rd the price, a timeless look & look amazing on a GTR BUT they are fakes & every man and his dog has the originals.

The Forgestars are a unique design, lightweight, forged & nobody has them on a GTR yet, the downsides are lack of dish & really as much of an unknown quantity as the Varrs.

I really want the Volk RE30s, but I just can't justify the £3k price tag or the inevitible 6 month wait for them :thumbdown:

So, ignoring my shoddy PS job which would you choose?

Varrs all the way, Personally I dont think the F14's suit the GTR...

Are you definitely going Black?

If you decide to go for Volks please get Mag blue! :cloud9:

I might get the varss in mag blue if they can do them for me ;)

I have voted for the Volks :yahoo: ......... if you can wait to get them.

VarresToen's would be my other choice, but you know you will always be thinking "I wish I waited a till after the winter" ;)

:lol:

It is tempting to wait for the Volks, but at £3K thats a fair chunk of extra power I could be adding to the car :blush:

Need you really ask you Volk whore??

I can never keep up with them but do they make some like TE37's any more?

Yeah TE37s & CE28s are still available, albeit rising in price daily atm :(

Shouldnt have sold my CE28s :bang:

Just a thought but... Work XD9's? I reckon they would look :cloud9: on the GTR, Wanted some for The Z to be honest! They are probably what i'll be looking at next i think, pretty reasonable price wise too :thumbs:

Not available in 19" :(

I know what everyone means by the Volks BUT ontop of the extra couple of months saving, I'd still have to wait 30-60 days for the wheels (past experiences tell me that 30-60 days is actually 5-6 months :lol: )

I am though getting a few more prices on the Volks :ninja: Chris, there will be a pm heading your way soon ;)

Don't go for the fake TE37s. You don't spend all that money on a car to put fake shoes on it. I've spent a while weighing it all up and it's the reason I haven't changed the wheels on my car yet. Mainly because I would only ever go for TE37s, RE30s or Advan RS-Ds in matte black but because I'd feel like a fraud with fake wheels. Just my opinion, can you guess which one I voted for?

I've just been offered a set of RE30s in matt black at an awesome price, a price too good to turn down tbh :)

The only drawback is that they are 11" wide, i'm not sure that they will fit under my arches without rubbing :( If they do though, I'm having them :teeth:

I've just been offered a set of RE30s in matt black at an awesome price, a price too good to turn down tbh :)

The only drawback is that they are 11" wide, i'm not sure that they will fit under my arches without rubbing :( If they do though, I'm having them :teeth:

just get them rolled and stretch the balls out the tyres :lol: you have 4wd anyways lol