Here's my tyre predicament...

Cragus

At present I have 2 Toyo T1r tyres on the back - these are fine.

On the front I have 1 Toyo T1r which is also fine but the other front is a crappy nexen tyre which has a puncture and has to go. Ultimately I would like another t1r but these are hard to come buy at a reasonably price these days it seems. I know that it's ideal keeping all treads the same but I would have to throw away 3 decent tyres.

What should I do do you reckon. The Dunlop sp sport has a similar tread pattern - unsure compound wise etc though... :wacko:

The front tyre is a 265 / 30 / 19 and the rears 285 / 30 / 19

Thanks in advance

Where's Dan? :lol:

Just replace both fronts with as similar as you can find :thumbs: We all know the arguments about mixing tyres but with current T1R prices and availability you're right it would be totally daft to chuck out three perfectly good tyres just to ensure you're matching.

Just take it easy out there if you have to mix Mr Pants on Fire :p

More expensive than a whole new car, apparently.

Thanks for the helpful sarcasm! Its laughable when people think the zed is automatically going to throw itself off the road and spontaneously combust because you put a tyre that is not the exact same brand on as a temporary measure until you can source a more suitable replacement

1. Maybe I should be more specific. I have been told that the T1R is discontinued on the European market. Camskills and Blackcircles as well as my local fitting station couldn't get ahold of the tyre when i searched and this is why I posted the above message looking for helpful advice.

2. While I have had the Nexen (which is a similar tread pattern), it has not been getting thrashed and therefore unlikely that I am going to need 'a whole new car'.

3. I have the option of driving the shed which means that I don't have to drive the zed while looking for a replacement.

4. Bite me

5. I apologise for not having money growing out my crap pipe for ordering four new tyres on a whim and throwing away perfectly good ones.

5. I have checked blackcircles again and they seem to have them back in, in the size I need. One ordered :yahoo: Hopefully they don't get back to me and say its been a mistake. Bargain at £202.04

At present I have 2 Toyo T1r tyres on the back - these are fine.

On the front I have 1 Toyo T1r which is also fine but the other front is a crappy nexen tyre which has a puncture and has to go. Ultimately I would like another t1r but these are hard to come buy at a reasonably price these days it seems. I know that it's ideal keeping all treads the same but I would have to throw away 3 decent tyres.

What should I do do you reckon. The Dunlop sp sport has a similar tread pattern - unsure compound wise etc though... :wacko:

The front tyre is a 265 / 30 / 19 and the rears 285 / 30 / 19

Thanks in advance

Sell me the 2 rears at a bargain price ;)

Unusually, Im with Ekona here, despite all of my tyre abuse and crazy non matched ideas I wouldnt run two different brands across an axle. Ive just checked, Camskill have T1-R's for £100, whats the problem? :shrug:

I wouldn't usually run two different tyres at all nevermind on an axle but as i have already stated, I've had trouble sourcing the tyre I needed. Hopefully blackcircles will pull through for me.

Camskills have T1-Rs for £100 in the size I require??? Funny that cause I can't see them at all. Happy to be proven wrong - send me a link and I'll be sure to order a few spare at that price.

Sorry, didnt read first post, that was for a standard Z :blush:

Anyway, £186, not that bad if you ask me, if you choose to run 265/19's then youre going to have to dig deep to pay for them: http://www.camskill.co.uk/m55b1870s341p ... _TL_/RS_GB :thumbs:

Fail again - they are T1-sports, not T1-R. :lol: Thats exactly what my problem has been which is why I didn't appreciate anyone getting arsey. I have always run the same shoes in all four corners but in this case it hasn't been instantly possible.

I have got one for £202 which I have no problem with. Issue wasn't finding one cheap, it was sourcing one from a company that didn't want to to charge me in excess of £350 for one tyre.

No probs, I searched and it came up with that, computer obviously didnt listen to me properly ;)

I know you are sorted now but for anyone else: http://www.rotationuk.com/gbu0-prodshow ... _y_rf.html :thumbs:

No offence but triple fail - they are out of stock of t1r tyres. :lol:

http://www.rotationuk.com/gbu0-catshow/toyo_tyres.html

That was my whole point.