Snow!

Leeroy

As Beavis says... We can't forecast end of.

Close thread DONE!

(I watched the forecast change 20+ times for our mids meet, forecasting a heap load of rain by the minute from the met office, they still got it wrong!)

Believe all they say with a pinch of salt! :yawn:

Okayyyy, note to self, don't post any more weather forecasts :lol:

Call me retarded but I actually look forward to rain and snow.....although I don't need the car to get to work thankfully.

Anyhoo, anyone got any idea what the weather is like in Vietnam is like in November? :snack:

I love my Zed in any conditions except snow - she only goes sideways in snow!

That's why I bought this - as a 2 vehicle driver I think I've got most bases covered with the Hilux and the Zed!

[attachment=0]Hilux 1200x900.jpg[/attachment]

Yeah thats the avenue ive been considering. Just dont want to risk my mint roadster having some sort of accident in the snow. Not sure how im going to work it out financially yet as the insurance company want £500 just to insure a second car. Might have to look at a classic car to reduce the insurance bill.

• 1 month later...

Depends where you are in the country, at most in London we only get about a weeks worth of snow each year, if we are lucky ;)

Am I going to panic, probably not, just have to go a week or so without driving the Zed, no problemo.

I watch the cows to see if they are lying down or not to see if it is going to rain. As for snow, well if the sky has a pinky tinge to it, and it is cold, then it will snow.

I bought one of those weather stations from Lidl recently. What a load of c**p! :lol::cold:

Depends where you are in the country, at most in London we only get about a weeks worth of snow each year, if we are lucky ;)

Am I going to panic, probably not, just have to go a week or so without driving the Zed, no problemo.

Agreed, only one week last year that I couldn't drive my Zed to work as it was under a foot of snow :surrender:

But I got into work everyday in my Leon, unlike a lot of others I work with :rant: I actually drove past where some colleagues live and said they couldn't get in... but at least they were made to use holiday entitlement if they wanted paying...

I watch the cows to see if they are lying down or not to see if it is going to rain. As for snow, well if the sky has a pinky tinge to it, and it is cold, then it will snow.

I bought one of those weather stations from Lidl recently. What a load of c**p! :lol::cold:

That reminds me of a few years back when I saw some cows frozen solid in the snow....

I sat by the side of the road and wept a little as it was so sad...

I didn't notice a frail old lady walk up beside me.

She whispered in my ear and said "put your faith in the lord and he will show us his power", so we both said a little prayer...

When I looked up the cows were walking around good as new, I wiped away the tears and looked at the old lady, hang on I said.... don't I know you off the telly...

"Yes" she said.... "I'm Thora Hird"

That reminds me of a few years back when I saw some cows frozen solid in the snow....

I sat by the side of the road and wept a little as it was so sad...

I didn't notice a frail old lady walk up beside me.

She whispered in my ear and said "put your faith in the lord and he will show us his power", so we both said a little prayer...

When I looked up the cows were walking around good as new, I wiped away the tears and looked at the old lady, hang on I said.... don't I know you off the telly...

"Yes" she said.... "I'm Thora Hird"

I don't know weather to laugh or cry :wacko:

I read an article about a fella who uses indicators in nature to forecast weather, quite interesting if you're into that sort of thing http://moreintelligentlife.com/content/ ... d-amateurs

I forecast weather by looking ou the window. If everything is wet then it's either raining or recently rained, if it's all white then it's snowing or recently snowed and if my eyes squint then it's probably sunny.

This method has never failed me yet! :D

No mention of snow either in this summary for November :shrug: But then again its a forcast so this is likely to be bollox as well :lol:

Balmy southeasterly winds will give way to west or southwesterly winds; the winds of change bringing more showery conditions to western areas in the weeks ahead.

Sunday 23 October 2011 to Sunday 30 October 2011

Autumn leaves will be blowing

Low pressure will remain to the west of the United Kingdom for the week ahead, bringing unsettled conditions with rain or showers on most days.

A slow-moving weather front will bring heavy rain and strong winds to western areas to start the week. Eastern parts meanwhile will have another very mild but breezy day on Monday.

A band of rain will push eastwards overnight on Monday with some gusty winds. Rain will then fall across much of northern and eastern England along with most of Scotland. Showers will follow to the southwest of both England and Wales.

Wednesday will be a day of sunshine and showers, with the showers most frequent and heavy towards Wales and the southwest.

Pressure will then build across the country towards the end of the week with showers generally fading away. The winds will fall light so any overnight clear spells will allow a touch of frost in rural areas, along with some mist and fog patches.

Monday 31 October 2011 to Sunday 6 November 2011

Any fireworks for the first week of November?

Low pressure will remain to the northwest of the United Kingdom bringing a west to southwesterly wind. Showers or longer spells of rain will affect all areas at times, with rather windy conditions, particularly in the west. Temperatures are likely to be close to average for the week.

Sunday 6 November 2011 to Sunday 27 November 2011

Any sign of a change?

The weather is likely to remain typically changeable for much of November, with bands of rain moving across the UK from the west.

There will also be some drier and brighter interludes in between the rain bands. The winds are expected to be mostly from the south or west, which means temperatures should be around or slightly above normal for much of the period.

However, occasional north-westerly winds may bring somewhat colder air in at times.

Rainfall amounts for the whole of the UK across the period are likely to be near normal and sunshine amounts are likely be either near or below normal. Night frosts are expected at times, especially across

I forecast weather by looking ou the window. If everything is wet then it's either raining or recently rained, if it's all white then it's snowing or recently snowed and if my eyes squint then it's probably sunny.

This method has never failed me yet! :D

When you can't see out of the window for white stuff start to panic :surrender:

I treat weather forecasts like horoscopes, it all makes sense and could easily happen, but most likely won't :thumbdown: