Recent Service - two Warranty Issues

More Ties!

Just had a recent service on my 07 313 version and been informed there are two warranty recalls required for the car including the fables slave cylinder in the clutch.

They've also offered to replace other parts of the clutch for best part of £500, not sure I will go for that - 350zs are I presume rough on clutches and for £500 and get a whole new clutch its probably worth it. Anyone else had that done?

Thoughts welcome. Ta muchly.

Let them do the warranty work - it is highly unlikely with the age of your car that anything else needs done. If they were to come back to you with anything else 'needing done' you are free to remove the car :thumbs: Make it clear to them from the outset that if there were any work identified as needing done they wouldn't get the job anyway... I doubt they will 'discover' anything wrong - and if they do it will genuinely need doing.

Just had a recent service on my 07 313 version and been informed there are two warranty recalls required for the car including the fables slave cylinder in the clutch.

They've also offered to replace other parts of the clutch for best part of £500, not sure I will go for that - 350zs are I presume rough on clutches and for £500 and get a whole new clutch its probably worth it. Anyone else had that done?

Thoughts welcome. Ta muchly.

The recalls are for the slave cylinder and alarm control module. It's surprising that it's slipped through the net as the owner would have been notified years ago. Mine was done in 2008.

At least the garage highlighted that it had not been done, thereby giving you the chance to rectify the situation for free. Whether you agree to additional work is entirely up to you. The clutch is mileage and abuse related wear, therefore no way of telling from your post whether it is even in the ball park area of normal failure. If it's been sat for three years and done a thousand miles, it probably doesn't need a clutch. Either way, it's nothing to do with the recall and it's probably worth shopping around if you feel that your clutch does need attention.

Are these issues not just NTSBs.?

Don't recollect recalls on these issues.

I had one last week where the concentric slave had failed and the clutch got contaminated with fluid. I fought my customers corner and we got 100% labour, a concentric slave, clutch plate and clutch cover all under warranty. :thumbs:

The car was a 350Z, 2007, 29,000 miles, Full Nissan Service History.

Alex :)

Are these issues not just NTSBs.?

Don't recollect recalls on these issues.

These specific recalls appear to relate to '07 models, slave cylinder and alarm control module. Came out in April '08. See bottom of page 1 on this thread for copy of notice.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13584&hilit=+recalls

:thumbs:

Thanks for that mate :thumbs:

Alex :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the car went in for the warranty work, and I've just been informed they have done the clutch too.

Not happy. Garage wants to charge me £600 for the works. :angry:

We did discuss the clutch, but I certainly did not authorise the clutch works (I came on here asking for comment ffs).

Problem is I need the car this weekend.

Ask them for proof that you authorised the works beforehand, or else you're not paying. It's as simple as that, and if it went to court you'd be laughing.

That said, if you want the car back then I'd offer 50% of that as a solution since they mucked up.

Did you have to sign any worksheet (and given a copy) when handing the car over - if so check the small print.

Otherwise, if they have done work off their own backs I would say that is their problem. Possibly, sounds like they may have 'assumed' the warranty would cover things and Nissan had said no - but that would be a schoolboy error on their part.

• 4 weeks later...