People's reactions to the zed.

rabbitstew

Im curious as to what other peoples experiences are of non-zed owners reactions to their cars.

I seem to get reactions ranging from one extreme to the other. I have come out of the local shop after buying a pint of milk to have people who I do not know telling me "wow, thats a really nice car". I popped down the local car accessory shop last week to buy some bits for the missus`s car and came out to find the owner literally drooling over my car - we ended up having a 10min chat about it.

But then on the other end of the scale this last week I had some chav shout "Gaylord" at me in the Tesco car park as I drove out, I had some morbidly obese inbred woman on the pavement in the local village call me a prick as I drove past her at 25mph in a 30 zone, and coming to work today as I slowed down for a speed ramp on the road my work place is on, I had some chubby dole dossing looking yob scream out "W*nker" at me. In all 3 cases I wasnt revving the engine, speeding or driving like an idiot, so I can only assume its just pure jealously?

As a side note, I dont look like Dale Winton, im a 14 stone skinhead with tattoos and if it wasnt for the fact I was half asleep this morning, I was seriously tempted to have a quiet word with this mornings idiot.

Does anyone else experience this or is it just me?!!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have had a random skinhead fella as it happens approach me in a petrol garage as I sat in the Zed waiting for the wife to come out say to me 'nice car mate nice that!'

Drove the car into my new workplace yesterday - we all went to the pub after work for a drink and I had to move the Z - so they were all stood there watching (ok only 7 of them at the office!) and none of them knew what make of car it was (no nissan badges) and thought it looked fantastic.

No abuse yet though - well none that I have noticed. Then again I try to avoid driving through chav land etc.

Could be a convertable thing? My dad has been shouted at in his bmw soft top but never had abuse in his audi tts, ive only ever had one woman say nice car, not surprised as it has naf oem wheels and is abit marmite =)

Thats the only thing I can think of. Strange really, as had it been a "girlie" convertible then fair enough, but most people think the 350z roadster is not really a girlie car.

Or is it? Im starting to get worried now. :(

i get mainly good comments, i even had a family friend say "theres a really nice porsche outside" that was at my wedding, never had people shout at me as im driving, but i do have people i work with calling it a gay car, shitbox, etc.... this coming from people with tiny little hatchbacks, probably to get a reaction out of me, but the more mature work colleagues have been amazed by it.

i just let them got on with it, i know i have a good car, im happy with it, sod everyone else, just jealous.

Sounds to me like its more of a reflection of the people gobbing off(cocknockers), than it is to their reaction to you or the car mate. Having too much time on their hands from being a sponger allows them to spend time thinking up hillarious one liners like "w*nker"!

I guess they dont provide Z's on the mobility allowance budget!

I enjoy my car, and couldn't care less about some chav to$$ers reaction. It is nice when people take time out to come and ask about it though eh! :D

I've had mine over a month now and the only reaction to it i've ever had was some reprobate cycling past as I was washing it and spitting at it. He missed but i hardly feel like that's the point, who would think that's even a remotely ok thing to do? I didn't buy the car to get me noticed but it is a bit depressing that it seems to actually attract abuse. :dry:

DB

I've had mine over a month now and the only reaction to it i've ever had was some reprobate cycling past as I was washing it and spitting at it. He missed but i hardly feel like that's the point, who would think that's even a remotely ok thing to do? I didn't buy the car to get me noticed but it is a bit depressing that it seems to actually attract abuse. :dry:

DB

WHAT!?!?!?!?!

Didn't you jump in the motor and go to ask him what his problem was? :drive1

DB

WHAT!?!?!?!?!

I was actually so shocked that I hadn't really figured out what had happened until he was already round the corner. If he'd have been on foot he would have been in trouble. :angry:

DB

DB

WHAT!?!?!?!?!

I was actually so shocked that I hadn't really figured out what had happened until he was already round the corner. If he'd have been on foot he would have been in trouble. :angry:

DB

The problem these days is that you have no idea what the other person is like. If he is stupid enough to that he`s probably some sort of nutcase. Like this morning, had I got out and asked this guy what his problem was, id probably end up being stabbed. And yet, you know full well, if id have shouted abuse as the yob drove past in his car, he`d have jumped out and started on me without hesitation. Makes you wonder why you dont see more instances where one nutcase insults another nutcase and they stab each other to death.

Well, since being in Hungary and to the fact they've never seen a Zed? Today whilst out, parked up to pay for parking, went over to machine and whilst my other half was sat in the car a small kid stood in front of the car and got his dad to take a picture of the car with him in front of it..... :shrug: I would have offered for him to sit in the drivers seat but as my Hungarian is a tad poor, I chose to just let him have his pic taken.

In fact all week the car gets looks like I've never seen before, 95% of people walking on the pavement or driving the opposite way stare, and I mean stare. It's just so funny the reactions, I am surprised that even after driving past some police on the side of the road they didn't pull me over for a gander or check my papers etc?

In fact all week the car gets looks like I've never seen before, 95% of people walking on the pavement or driving the opposite way stare, and I mean stare. It's just so funny the reactions,

I get that a lot where I work. I work in Cambridge and there are loads of Japanese students here. The other day I actually had a whole coach load of them pointing and taking photos of me driving past in my car. Sometimes you see a small group of them chatting and one will notice my car and point, then the rest turn around to look at it! :teeth:

My missus just suggested that maybe this mornings brave yobbo thought I was just some rich businessman in a flash car - which seems a logical explanation. (although wildly inaccurate about the rich businessman bit)

Not had any bad publicity in the first 6 weeks of ownership, mostly thumbs up and pointing.

The problem these days is that you have no idea what the other person is like. If he is stupid enough to that he`s probably some sort of nutcase. Like this morning, had I got out and asked this guy what his problem was, id probably end up being stabbed. And yet, you know full well, if id have shouted abuse as the yob drove past in his car, he`d have jumped out and started on me without hesitation. Makes you wonder why you dont see more instances where one nutcase insults another nutcase and they stab each other to death.

Agree, some people just have no respect for others, and violence reigns supreme.

Had a kid of oriental origin taking photos of my car from the back seat of his parents car the other day on the motorway - even gave him a thumbs up and a smile as I passed them :thumbs::)

:lol:

Id forgotten, I actually had a similar thing a few weeks back. I pull onto the a14 and theres a Merc behind with what looked to be a Japanese business man in the passenger seat. He promptly whips out a camera and took a couple of pix of my car!

I had visions of him showing his family his holiday snaps... this is big ben, tower bridge, london eye and a 350z roadster I saw on the a14.....