Black badges have faded

coldel

So have a couple of options:

1. Take off and respray, never sprayed anything before in my life, I presume I need some sandpaper, some primer and a can of spray for the colour I want? Halfords visit on the cards for this one.

2. Buy some Satin Silver ones and be done with it, do the satin silver ones off ebay lose their look quickly as well?

Any other options I haven't thought of?

Cheers

• 1 month later...

If its the plastic Z badges, the wheel centre caps or the plastic light covers, get a splodge of 3G on a wet cloth (plenty of water) and its just lots and lots of small circles till the scratches or discolouration go... Sorry, its primarily for paint so it will work magic with that but it works on plastics too...

My Arthur Exchange centre caps can get in some mess over winter and that brings them up like mirror deep...

Had the satin Silver ones on mine for over a year and they are fine :thumbs:B) Whatever you do don't use sandpaper :scare: You'll need some fine wet and dry, there's a good "how to spray plastic guide" by Husky, if you search through the guides section you should find it :thumbs::)

Actually sorted this out a little while back, bit of fine wet and dry, primer and satin black spray paint and job done. In fact it spurred me on with the paint approach and I did some interior panels as well that had flaked. Not that hard really, just spend all day doing it at intervals, plenty of layers, spray evenly and it seems to sort itself out quite nicely :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Not sure if you ever did anything about this Col but I think I found out what it actually is.......ours haven't gone dull - they are caked in wax!

Its really baked on but I scratched a little bit of it the other day and it was nice and shiny underneath