E63 AMG MERCEDES

JAMIE MOY

As some of you know I am selling my 2008 Roadster, and in need of 4 to 5 seats due to baby, but still want that Zed kind of performance or better :teeth:

However I have been looking at a Mercedes E63 AMG 2007 and must say it is a beast. I know some of you will mention the MPG but to be fair when your looking at a 507BHP 6.2 ltr engine you shouldn't let this be a put off factor or cross your mind, and with me working away half the year it will be like having an MPG of 56mpg lol....... :lol:

What do you guys think about them....... or do you have any other alternatives that I may have missed, bearing in mind that I don't like the VXR8.

I think the E63 look aggresive, has outstanding straight line performance, good equipment, ride & handling & for £26,000 with 26,000mls I think it is a steel........

Going to testdrive it on Tuesday/Wednesday

But I'm sure some of you will have an opinion on this type of car................ :thumbs:

The MB is a more ferocious car than the Audi as its all RWD, and frankly in this company a bargain I would imagine.

Great car Great engine, I actually preferred it as an everyday user than the new E AMG, as I found the new gearbox a bit aggressive. oddly the same gearbox is lovely in the SLS?!?

In summary, lots of noise, lots of usable space, and quite an understated car IMO - A gentleman hooligan, if you like :lol:

The new AMG's are supposed to be as good as BMW's M cars to drive, they seem more 'bad mannered', i like that :lol:

I actually prefer the smaller C63 to the E63 though :surrender:

I got my dad an AMG driving day for his birthday and spent the day there watching him cane an AMG CLS around Mercedes track. I'd never been a fan of Mercs but I came away converted - those AMG's sound absolutely immense. The passenger laps we had in a C63 were good too. Incidentally the day was brilliant value compared to the lame 'supercar experiences' where you get 4 laps and aren't allowed to change gear - the pain of not being able to use the R8's open-gate 'box in anger was awful :byebye:

But in the end I reckon I'd go for the E60 V10 M5, maybe the E39 if I was wearing my sensible head ;)

If your not bothered about the MPG,then id go for an E60 M5 Touring. The sound they make is amazing,and im an AMG fan! Depends if you can get on with the gearbox though. I know the AMG auto box is meant to be pretty good,and the SMG2 in the M5 is supposedly abit clunky. The other option is the RS4,as i think the RS6's,the V10 versions anyway,are still at £40k. Depends how much space you want really. Iv never driven either cars,but id find it hard to choose between the BMW and the E63,those would be the 2 on my short list of that size car. I was strangely looking to see how much M5 Tourings go for today on Piston Heads. :cloud9: