My R34 GTR *Tomei Video 27/5*

Ian

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think having the gorgeous RE30's in black hides too much of the beauty of the wheels.

Dark silver, gunmetal would have been my choice.

Guess I'll wait till its all finished to get the full visual impact :)

Easy to paint/spray at a later date for impact though.

If/when he goes for a new white paint job on the car, he could have the alloys done at the same time B)

Personally, I would have also gone for black to start with. Makes the car look like it is hovering! :lol:

• 1 month later...

Finally finished fitting my HKS intakes today (Bitch of a job, won't be doing that again in a hurry :thumbdown: ) ended up replacing the rear turbo bolts with studs to give much easier access if I ever do need to do it again ;)

DSC_4434.jpg

DSC_4435.jpg

DSC_4438.jpg

DSC_4439.jpg

DSC_4441.jpg

DSC_4442.jpg

HKS Engine plaque :)

DSC_4437.jpg

Just waiting on my Nismo coilovers & Tomei exhaust to arrive & then its off to Abbey to get my Fcon mapped & boost controller set up :yahoo:

Planning on getting my spare engine covers painted MNP in the next month or 2 aswell B)

Nice to also see that the touch of ARC continues in this vehicle :)

Absolutley :D I'm hoping that they will put the strut brace back into production in the new year.

But have your hands survived?? :lol::p

Nice one mate :thumbs:

No major injuries to report :D Just a few cuts on my hands, I even still have full vision in both eyes ;)

Top tip: Wear goggles when hacking up tools with a dremel :lol:

Nah its just a basic GTR, not even a V-Spec because I'm poor :blush:

It had a retrim in Japan henche the leather :)

I don't think the GTR tax is as bad as Z tax :surrender:

Ah i see, well lets be honest none of them are cheap haha. Im also now finding out the zed tax too :headhurt: (but i can actually insure one of those)

Awaiting dropped pics :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Long overdue update :dance:

Some good :thumbs: Some baaaaaaad :thumbdown:

Over Christmas I spotted a sale on a car audio website, the speakers in the GTR are crap & can barely be heared once the car is upto motorway speeds. I found a 2 for 1 offer on a set of speaker that were pretty highly rated & early impressions are pretty good. I can actually hear my music now :)

DSC_4480.jpg

DSC_4476.jpg

I removed my FMIC & washed it and polished it up a bit, I also fitted my new hard pipe kit :)

DSC_4506.jpg

DSC_4526.jpg

Finally settled on a choice of wheel nuts after months of looking. I ended up with purple Muteki nuts B) also managed to source some Volk centre caps in gloss black

DSC_4520.jpg

Fitted some neon blue led's in the footwells, gives a nice glow at night when you open the doors B)

DSC_4531.jpg

DSC_4539.jpg

Carbon fibre lip & diffuser, Nismo smoked front & side indicators fitted

photo-1.jpg

DSC_4482.jpg

Then my coilovers finally arrived. So Saturday morning I set off early to go to 360 Motorsport in Usk to get them fitted.

We got the rear shock out & the new one into place, put the wheel back on and it immediately hit against the springs. Threw on a set of 10mm spacers & it was still touching. Any larger than that and the wheels will be too far out :(

New shock out, old one back in, wheels back on and back home to cry having wasted a morning :(

Wheels will be going up for sale & I will probably be ordering the Varrstoen's I originally planned to order next week. Really gutted about that because the RE30's suit the car so well :(

not. jealous. at. all. :blush:

Shame about the rims vs coilovers. But these things happen.

I still want a R34, but may have to settle for a GTT in a years time due to costs.

Plenty of good GTT's out there, just as easy to get power out of aswell B)

I knew the wheels were a slightly ambitious fitment when I bought them :blush: Gonna order a set of Varrstoen TE37s reps :blush: in a 0 offset to compensate though :teeth:

Were they not coilovers from the factory then? If so, why do the new ones foul the wheels but the old ones didn't?

And get those bloody awful neons out of that footwell, ya chav! :p:lol: Aside from that mate, it's looking really good. :thumbs:

The collars on the bottom of the Nismo ones are wider than stock, the fronts also have a resevoir on them & that interferes aswell :( They were already pretty tight as it was, really can't get a finger behind the back of the wheel & the strut :(

Neons look awesome :p

Oh...well get the TE37 reps in a man offset haha. Can you get lower than et0 from Varrstoen? Also if they do them in bronze.... nom

0 is the lowest they do but they are out of stock untill end of April :(

I've gone for the ET12s and will keep the 10mm spacers on there :D