Non GT

Deadlysub

Not in my experience....

I've recently been a buyer, and i was looking for a while, it's totally a buyers market! People with non GT's were begging me to buy them... I could have bought a 23,000 mile 2005 for £8k.

GT's were getting snapped up in days, for 1k more.... It was enough to convince me that non GTs are not worth it....

Interesting because the last two I have phoned up about have been non GT cars and they have been sold the morning the advert went up. It's a sports car so bought generally by enthusiasts condition is far more important.

But like mentioned above it's a buyers Market I have seen some Z's for sale for months now.

I called up about one yesterday GT in grey from a Nissan dealer in London- when I asked him about service history he said that it had missed it's 2010 service so hadn't been serviced in two years and he was suprised when I said I wasn't interested anymore.

As i said before the whole GT non GT arguement is probably more valid if both cars are standard, in the same condition for the same price but if the non GT has extra's is lower mileage and is say 500 quid cheaper what then? Its a question that cant be answered easlily as you then bring in JDM and also say rev-up etc and it rolls on. In the end if your car is pukka, has some nice add-ons and is priced right itll sell. If it isnt then it wont. 1k more for what? Thats what you have to ask yourself at point of purchase if you bought the car for 1k less now then in a couple of yearsif you sell if for 1k ish less (proportional to the general depreciation/market value of GT cars it would still sell) so in essence the whole GT/Non GT arguement imho is a mute one. For example how many Chilli red cars exist in the UK ? Ours is a non GT so for someone to find a GT chilli/rosso car available say when we sell ours is unlikely so if someone was hung up on colour......its all about what the buyer actually wants etc.

I bought my GT because it had the spec i wanted, mainly the Rays alloys and the built in sat nav. However after reading through this forum for a while and looking at all of the mods people do, two of the things on my "to do list" are to change the sat nav and the rims. So i guess its a good idea to consider what changes you will make to the car before spending more cash on the GT. The leather seats do look smart but the quality of the leather is pretty low imho

I am on my second Zed, my first was a GT 280bhp and the one I have now is a non-gt 313bhp with custom leather seats.

I have been all round the country looking at Zeds for months and I always said to myself I have to get another GT and it must be the 313bhp model, problem was I could not find any which were in the right condition. Finally a car turned up on my doorstep at a main dealer (4 miles away, I had been going over 100 miles!!) and it was in my fav colour the condition was too good to miss, millage was right but it was a non GT. After a lot of debating, I brought the car.

http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk28 ... 87/Ronnie/

Now I have the car I can say that the standard head unit is not too bad I dont miss the bose at all to be honest I really do think its over rated, dont miss cruise control either. I havent looked back since buying the car, for me condition was everything. I get the impression the GT pack is more important on the 280 and 300bhp models there seems to be more of those about when I was looking and they did not seem to hold their price as much, maybe because they are naturally older?

My advice? hang on for a 313bhp one in good nick, if its a GT its a bonus but not a deal breaker... this is just my 2p though only you know your own priorities.

I am on my second Zed, my first was a GT 280bhp and the one I have now is a non-gt 313bhp with custom leather seats.

I have been all round the country looking at Zeds for months and I always said to myself I have to get another GT and it must be the 313bhp model, problem was I could not find any which were in the right condition. Finally a car turned up on my doorstep at a main dealer (4 miles away, I had been going over 100 miles!!) and it was in my fav colour the condition was too good to miss, millage was right but it was a non GT. After a lot of debating, I brought the car.

Now I have the car I can say that the standard head unit is not too bad I dont miss the bose at all to be honest I really do think its over rated, dont miss cruise control either. I havent looked back since buying the car, for me condition was everything. I get the impression the GT pack is more important on the 280 and 300bhp models there seems to be more of those about when I was looking and they did not seem to hold their price as much, maybe because they are naturally older?

My advice? hang on for a 313bhp one in good nick, if its a GT its a bonus but not a deal breaker... this is just my 2p though only you know your own priorities.

When's the wedding?

IMAG0151.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

I bought my GT because it had the spec i wanted, mainly the Rays alloys

Rays were optional on both models before the 2006 facelift (£1k option that most GT buyers went for). After 2006 Rays were standard on all cars, GT and non-GT.

Also both headunits are made by Clarion and 90% identical. Only difference is the non-GT has an internal amp while the Bose version has an external amp in the boot and Bose speakers. As a result the non-GT version is a hell of a lot easier to replace.

When's the wedding?

:lol::lol::lol:

Cheeky sod! And trust it to be you Sarnie

Its all been done over time when i felt things needed replacing so its hard to give a total amount as id be paying for replacement parts anyway, when i needed new tyres i bought wheels and tyres and sold mine on, discs and pads were upgraded when they were due and the rest was as and when, i bought the seats from zman alex for £400 but id say my car is above GT spec now in terms of extras so worth it for me. (all work was done by myself too)

Am I the only one who values cruise control,look to get it on all my cars.I use it to make long motorway hauls more relaxing and to make sure I don't exceed the speed limits (when on unknown roads ;) ).

It's a very cheap retro fit on some cars(e.g VAG),but not sure if a Zed would be that easy or cheap?

Am I the only one who values cruise control,look to get it on all my cars.I use it to make long motorway hauls more relaxing and to make sure I don't exceed the speed limits (when on unknown roads ;) ).

It's a very cheap retro fit on some cars(e.g VAG),but not sure if a Zed would be that easy or cheap?

Your not the only one :thumbs:

I use the cruise control all the time on the motorways and in speed restricted roadworks/contraflows

I have heard its not easy on a 350z as you have to do some low level tinkering with the ECU. Not sure if this across all the models. There is a fair bit of info about this on the US forums.

its a right bitch apparently although I'm sure with enough time and effort it would be possible. Cost probably makes it prohibitive.

There IS an american supplier of an after market cruise system that works with the fly by wire throttle of the Z. Not too expensive either.

Being a JDM owner its something I'd like to have retrofitted at some point.