Best mod for 500 bucks - updated now 1000 bucks

ThomasSoerensen

Hi all

Now obsolete: I have 500 bucks burning a hole in my pocket.

Updated: Due to my amazing negotiation skills I now have 1000-1500 EUR to play with :yahoo:

Taking my current mods into consideration, what do you recon would be the best mod to go for?

I would like it to be invisible or near invisible as I think the car looks fine.

What appeals is increasing power, increasing rigidity (reducing understeer on track), and reducing weight and making the car feel more racecar like.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Not sure who makes them, but those under chasis braces? Shire has one and loves it, only problem is you'll gain a bit more weight, but stability would be improved. Not sure on price.

You could go for a Carbon boot, although just over the 500 buck limit, especially if you need to paint it to keep it stealth.

Edit:

Well said Jim - hence the Carbon boot :thumbs:

Assumming that it £500 to spend i would improve the handling with the complete front axle Superpro urethane bushing kit with alignment correction and use the change to get urethane ARB bushes from them too B) .

It will optimised the performance of you sARB and the front end will have more grip, precision and cure the understeer. I completed mine not too long ago and its just amazing how much feel you loose with the OEM rubber bushes. Its just point and shoot now :thumbs: I can't wait to do the rears :p

You have enough power; just need to make everything work optimally ;)

Assumming that it £500 to spend i would improve the handling with the complete front axle Superpro urethane bushing kit with alignment correction and use the change to get urethane ARB bushes from them too B) .

It will optimised the performance of you sARB and the front end will have more grip, precision and cure the understeer. I completed mine not too long ago and its just amazing how much feel you loose with the OEM rubber bushes. Its just point and shoot now :thumbs: I can't wait to do the rears :p

Thats what I was going to say :)

I'm running the complete bush set and it's transformed the car on the road and on track - really didn't think it'd make so much difference.

PM me if you'd like more info

Plenty of suggestions however, sorry, nothing in the 500 bucks category.

Less than 500 is also OK :teeth:

:lol::lol::lol:

Is your budget 500 bucks or £500.00? :)

You could be eating a lot of venison if it is the former :lol:

You have enough power; just need to make everything work optimally ;)

This sounds nice.

Only problem is ti get it fitted in the Frankfurt area.

Not sure who makes them, but those under chasis braces? Shire has one and loves it, only problem is you'll gain a bit more weight, but stability would be improved. Not sure on price.

I have thought of that - it is a good candidate for the winner mod. There is even a shop in my area that carry them (Quantum Auto Sport)

I'm running the complete bush set and it's transformed the car on the road and on track - really didn't think it'd make so much difference.

Please tell me more.

When I looked at the website they seemed to have nothing for a 350Z.

These bushings combined with the underbody brace should make it better on track.

saw your photo of them bushes on your fb page, how hard are they to fit though? (the complete set)

Diff = will cost a good bit more then 500£ all in, would be highly recommended though. I have a feeling that I'll be going for a full brace kit and ARB's and possibly bushings *unless it's a pain to fit.

Hi again

Thanks for all your good suggestions so far.

I have now Negotiated myself into a position where the budget is 1000-1500 EUR in stead of the original 500.

I have updated the first post in an attempts to try to avoid annoying people by changing the parameters.

In this case is the best route to take current suggestions (Bushes and sway bar and underbody stiffening brace) and add additional mods to the list - or is there other things that are a better option now?

Does a LSD make that big a difference?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I have now Negotiated myself into a position where the budget is 1000-1500 EUR in stead of the original 500

Thomas's next 12 months negotiated;

Dishes

Cooking

Ironing

Putting kids to bed

Hoovering

Polishing

Shopping

:lol: