Garage Mod - live preview

Chris`I

We have been making good progress on the garage mod and thought we'd share it with the members.

To preivew it, goto User Control Panel > Board Preferences and set the Board Style to 370z

You will now see some new buttons under the User Control Panel and Private Messages buttons, these allow you to browse the garege.

NOTE: For now users are limited to browsing while we populate the data with manufacturers, garages, parts, etc. More buttons will be enabled for you to add your car and mods when we go live properly.

Any problems with it, please use this thread.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY just went to post in the other thread and it's locked!!! GRrrrrrr :rant:

When is it likely to be live?

Like the Nitrous inclussion!

Don't think members will include the amount of money spent on their Zed, due to incriminating themselves with their other half!!

Otherwise looks good!! :thumbs:

Will you be doing a featured car thing on the front page, like they do on My350z?

Money is optional of course. There were quite a few members who wanted a price indication, but how well used it will be I dont know ;)

We can look into having a featured car on the front page when we are happy all is working as it should.

Go live is dependant on a few things, making sure its all working, making sure it doesnt break the site (be it performance hit or bad mod coding!) and adding all the manufacturers/garages/mods to the database for people to use. Maybe a day or two? I want to make sure people browsing the garage doesnt cause performance problems then we can open it up for people to add their own cars. First up we'll get the team to add theirs as at the moment its only me and Lyndon :lol:

Cool - good work guys :#1:

Noticed that the default currency is USD. You can change it in your car if you click Edit Vehicle and change the currency you bought it in. I'll see if I can change the defaul

I noticed i accidentally selected USD as the price currency or maybe it just defaulted to that, perhaps needs looking into. Also the description i put in doesnt show anywhere for me, if this is not displayed pretty pointless it being on the add vehicle submit form.

Cool - good work guys :#1:

Noticed that the default currency is USD. You can change it in your car if you click Edit Vehicle and change the currency you bought it in. I'll see if I can change the defaul

Stop noticing things before me GRRRRRRRRRRRRR! :angry:

sorry for spam but a couple of things ive noticed.

On the vehicle search there is no options in the make selection box

I think the terminology of the business being classed as garages also gets rather confusing. I also think that a small description of the services offered by the businesses should be added as when the list gets bigger it will be hard for people to know who dies what. At the bottom of the garage review screen it says Page 1 of 1 [ 2 businesses ] i think its not adding up the numbers correctly.

Is there a limit to how many mods can be added? :blush:

No limit over than how long it takes me to add them to the list for you to select :lol:

WRT changing the mod significantly - this is a pre-bundled mod for the forum, so we can go making major changes, they'd need to be requested of the mod developers. We can make little changes.

WRT opening it up more, I'm doing it bit by bit incase it breaks anything. We need to add mods to the list first before there is point in opening it up.

Will add the other businesses soon. We also need the products they sell that you have fitted :thumbs:

Added mine. :) I struggled to attach the image from Photobucket but got it on the 5th attempt. Probably me being a numpty though. :blush:

So are you going to have to add all mods to the system so we can select them from drop down boxes? Would it not be easier for you if we could list them ourselves?

So are you going to have to add all mods to the system so we can select them from drop down boxes? Would it not be easier for you if we could list them ourselves?

Yes and No, in that order :lol: I know it sounds like a ball ache, but it means that everything is added properly. If you open it up to members, then mods/admin have to approve it and there would be no consistency to the naming and you'd end up with duplicates.