Saw a Shelby Mustang 500GT yesterday

sl114

Just like this one:

Ford%20Shelby%20Mustang%20gt%20500_jpg.jpg

I was coming down my road and as i was crossing this roared past me. Im not sure if it was a replica, but oh god it was amazing and sounded gorgeous!!!

I will own one of these one day, i WILL i tell Thee!!!

What other proper muscle cars do you guys like?

I have always been a stag fan and a vette fan, but never liked the Plymouth and such...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine in LA has a new Mustang GT. It's a beast. Also, last year me and the GF drove across the US and we hired a Mustang convertible for the job. It was only a 4.0 V6 jobbie as that's all Hertz had, but it still did the job (and I still managed to get caught speeding by a North Carolina state trooper). The Zed is much quicker than the V6 'stang imo. Was a pleasure filling the fuel tank up from empty every time for like 18 quid though!!

As for my fav muscle car, I love the Trans-Am Firebird. Smokey and the Bandit Styleee!! Yeah!!

A friend of mine in LA has a new Mustang GT. It's a beast. Also, last year me and the GF drove across the US and we hired a Mustang convertible for the job. It was only a 4.0 V6 jobbie as that's all Hertz had, but it still did the job (and I still managed to get caught speeding by a North Carolina state trooper). The Zed is much quicker than the V6 'stang imo. Was a pleasure filling the fuel tank up from empty every time for like 18 quid though!!

As for my fav muscle car, I love the Trans-Am Firebird. Smokey and the Bandit Styleee!! Yeah!!

that sounds like a good trip Monkfish :thumbs: how much per week to hire something like a Mustang over there inc. insurance etc. ??

We hired a Mustang Covertible in LA earlier this year. Also a 4.0 V6 but I was plesently surprised how good it was. I'd love a Shelby GT500.

As for the Vette. I was very interested in a Z06. 500bhp and a 7.2 litre V8, but was very dissapointed with the build quality. No where near as good as a Mustang.

There's also the issue of LHD. Not good on a performance car.

that sounds like a good trip Monkfish :thumbs: how much per week to hire something like a Mustang over there inc. insurance etc. ??

Was a great trip Tim. Can't really remember how much it cost but I'm sure it was around the $400 mark for a week with insurance included. An absolute bargain if you think about it. :thumbs:

Actually, it may have been a lot more than $400, I honestly wasn't counting. That whole trip cost a fortune. Definitely worthwhile though.

TIM

for around £30000 you can buy a new mustang converted to right hand drive by one of the top uk dealers,problem is the drive train disgn is about 200 years old.

max.

yah live rear axle! They were about when carts were invented! :scare:

TIM

for around £30000 you can buy a new mustang converted to right hand drive by one of the top uk dealers,problem is the drive train disgn is about 200 years old.

max.

yah live rear axle! They were about when carts were invented! :scare:

old school cart springs....cant whack um :teeth: