Saw a Shelby Mustang 500GT yesterday

sl114

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having seen it at MPH this year I'm loving the new Shelby Mustang. I even e-mailed some guy with a grey one with silver stripes but just too much for me at the moment. :thumbdown:

Do it, do it..... :thumbs:

1145973844.jpg

Get thee behind me Satan! :evil:

Having seen it at MPH this year I'm loving the new Shelby Mustang. I even e-mailed some guy with a grey one with silver stripes but just too much for me at the moment. :thumbdown:

Sounds like you need to do some overtime mate B)

Don't rub it in, money-bags! :boxing:

Sounds like you need to do some overtime mate B)

Don't rub it in, money-bags! :boxing:

I wish mate. Mrs Sarnie likes to live in a nice postcode meaning muchas wonga :scare:

• 3 weeks later...
My personal favourites are the new Pontiac GTO and the Shellby Mustang Steve McQueen drove in Bullet.

Wasn't a Shelby in Bullitt - was a fastback 350. Shelby in Gone in 60 seconds.

Now wheres the train spotter smilie??? :teeth:

I was going to correct him ;)

ALso good to see you wrote it Bullitt not Bullet :thumbs:

Ok errors noted :cloud9:

How pedantic am I ;)

I have to say i am also a huuuge fan of the firebird, but the model before last. I dont know why but i just love it. It just looks mean

Hate to be a pain in the ass but the Mustang in Gone in 60 was a replica or clone and in the A-Team it was General Fullbright in the last episode. Was an A-Team reunion on tv the other day.

Two classic cars on my list if only I'd win the euro millions:

1. 1968 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 KR

2. Merc 300SL

And of modern cars? At the moment its got to be a Koenigsegg CCX.

I can only dream.

Funny story Monkfish, I too rented a convertible mustang for a month in 2005 and drove all the way round US. Boston to Seattle to LA, back across to the east coast finishing in Boston again. Put 10k on the clock. Great car but what a cheap assed piece of shite. Live rear made for great entertainment cutting through the hills to Malibu. Top speed limited to 115 on a 4ltr. Really sucked. No tickets. Radar detector saved my ass every day. B)

For anyone who's considering it the car from Hertz cost €1200 ish for the month. Their price now has doubled. Two of us went. Split the costs. Came to about 2k each incl flights, accommodation, food, gas, drink and gambling in Vegas where I broke even anyway. Cleaned out some local kid on the poker table. He was very upset.

Crap colour I know but they tried to give me a toyota something or other and I said I wanted my mustang, go find me one.

gallery_262_92_52143.jpg

Would do it again in a heart beat.

Guy

Have to say all those cars look lovely. Not one I'd really say I wouldn't have to look at.

Any of you seen Clarkson's latest DVD 'The Good The Bad The Ugly'??

He takes one of these new Mustangs around an oval. And he also gets a guy to ride a horse around the outside of the same track. To see who wins, the result and the margin of victory for the 1 bhp machine was hilarious!! The handling of the car was awful!!

But it does look good.... B)