I want in...

Been lusting after a new car for a long while now, and the 350z is really taking my fancy, what with it's power, looks, and value for money.

I've been lurking and reading through the forums here, but can't quite decide if I can afford one.

After the initial purchase, what can I expect to pay monthly? I'm 22 with a well-paid job, but also with a mortgage and plenty of bills to pay every month. Just wanting to have a look at some numbers.

:wave: Welcome to the forum

Your costs are going to totally depend on usage and purchase condition of the zed - a relative question that is pretty hard to answer :shrug:

You'll average around 25mpg as a daily driver with the odd spirited burst and as far as consumables go its entirely up to you :)

:wave: Welcome to the forum

Your costs are going to totally depend on usage and purchase condition of the zed - a relative question that is pretty hard to answer :shrug:

You'll average around 25mpg as a daily driver with the odd spirited burst and as far as consumables go its entirely up to you :)

+1

Service interval is 9000 miles and costs are reasonable. The car isn't particularly hard on tyres or brakes for it's weight and performance so nothing to worry about.

Fair points - to be honest, it'll be doing a daily commute of about 20 miles (to and from work), and light weekend use.

From what I've seen 25MPG for the performance isn't bad, it's more servicing and maintenance that worries me.

Right now, insurance is looking about £1700 - with Admiral, due to my age.

Welcome to the crew!

I went through the same worries as you.......I commute 25 miles to and from each day and half of that is urban driving :thumbdown: . The daily running cost is sometimes scary; I seem to stop at the garage for petrol every other day but you do learn to drive more sensibly when your wallet becomes lighter!!! Servicing varies hugely depending upon which period is required, PI, P2 or P3 but with a little shopping around it's no more than you would expect for a performance motor.

Even after all that you can't beat the feeling you get every morning when you catch a glimpse of you baby out of the window and the feeling you get when approaching her to get in......I can't explain it but you get a tingly feeling all over because you know this car is a Great, Great car and a hoot to drive!!!! :teeth:

Best car I've ever had......do it you won't be disappointed!

I've just bought my second 350Z because i missed the first one so much. I've got a mortgage and also run a VW Transporter Sportline for work. My Zed is just a toy and in theory i shouldn't be able to afford it, but i work my nuts off so that i can and its all worth it in the end because i enjoy it so much! :yahoo:

I would suggest working out some figures, so you know where you stand financially before buying one and determine whether you can afford to buy and run it. To give you an idea on how much a tank is, i filled mine up with the Tesco equivalent of Super unleaded and it came to £84.

I've just picked up an 04 reg imported in 07 for 6K purely as a sunday car.

Insurance is £700 a year and I expect it to cost me £1000 a year in maintenance and/or improvement.

Mine is quite heavy on fuel so I couldn't justify running it daily all year but it gives me a massive grin when I drive it and it makes the ladies wet so its all good. I too have a family and a sizeable mortgage to pay and at the moment its affordable.

Insurance is £700 a year and I expect it to cost me £1000 a year in maintenance and/or improvement.

Mine is quite heavy on fuel so I couldn't justify running it daily all year but it gives me a massive grin when I drive it and it makes the ladies wet so its all good. I too have a family and a sizeable mortgage to pay and at the moment its affordable.

Does the roof leak?

Does the roof leak?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I too am on my 2nd 350z,bought one in 2005,kept it for 18months,bought another 2months ago,much prefer the looks to the 370z.

Still makes me smile when i take her out for a drive even when the mpg shows low 20's.Hope you have as much fun. :yahoo:

Does the roof leak?

Damn you must have owned this car too! Its only the passenger side though, drivers is dry as a bone!