New car

garygttdi

Anyone have any thoughts on this car going to buy it, HPI check shows a cat C write off, Seller says it was a private plate that had the history recorded against it. This does not make sense to me, as I run the check on the reg number. He says its not and DVLA have no record of the car having been written off?

Help !

I have had a similar problem with my motorbike. I have a private plate on it. The bike itself still has finance recorded against it by HPI even though the previous owner cleared that 8 years ago. When I HPI check it, the bikes original plate shows up clean with no history. But, my private plate which I put on a couple of years back now shows as having finance recorded against it!

Can you telephone HPI and speak to some one to find out more information regarding the recorded information. They should be able to tell when this happened and maybe what vehicle it was against.

HPI are not accurate a lot of the time. I have also bought cars I have known have been written off, and yet when I check with HPI they come up clean.

Also, if in doubt, on a car like that, I would have an AA inspection or something similar. If it really has been written off in the past then I am sure there would be some giveaway signs on the car somewhere.

back bumper = uk

spoiler = uk

Doesn't look like theres headlight washers on the front though

+1

Plus roadster don't come with a spoiler so it's been added.

UK Bumper on an import would lead you to believe that it's been changed for some reason e.g a crash

Wiith reference to finance markers and insurance write offs on REGISTRATIONS, a full proper Hpi check will show details against chassis or vin number for cross reference. This way you can be sure.

Irrespective of this as earlier posts have warned this does seem to be a bit of a story car, so beware!

So the concensus is walk away fast ? Have added an interior shot as asked, however the link to the add,shows the same. Personnaly gutted as loved the car. :thumbdown:

So easy to follow your heart and not your mind when buying a new car especially when getting a Zed :teeth:

Just got to the bottom of the story on the car, its has been written off, however in Northern Ireland. It then came to England so its a UK car. The info I wish to share is that any cars history stays in Ireland and the agencies in both Ireland and the England do not talk to each other. Needless to say I will not be buying.

• 2 weeks later...