11/12 Premiership chat thread

350 Russ

i thought it might be fun to have some premiership banter on here this season.

since my team seems to be self destructing what does everyone think of how their team is doing in the transfer window so far?

being from sunny Glasgow you may say that i dont have an opinion on the Premiership...

But ;)

I live in middle England (sounds very Lord Of The Rings) and I have a few wagers on with work mates.. he is a Man United Fan, and Ive said that City will pose a really big challenge to their title hopes this season..

Also, Charlie Adam on his way to Liverpool.. good move on his part IMO

I would quite like to see Spurs do well again..

Hopefully it will be more entertaining than F1 has been :snack:

Are you a fellow gooner by chance? :scare::scare::surrender:

since my team seems to be self destructing what does everyone think of how their team is doing in the transfer window so far?

im a blackburn fan, at the moment it sounds like were back up for sale after apparently having 50m to spend 2 weeks ago which was then dropped to 26m then just the money from the phil jones sale so 16m then in the last couple of days players need to be sold to buy anyone!

ive been on the rovers fans forum quite alot recently and its bloody depressing :angry:

Blimey, I had no idea, and I thought The Arse had probs :scare::scare:

im a blackburn fan, at the moment it sounds like were back up for sale after apparently having 50m to spend 2 weeks ago which was then dropped to 26m then just the money from the phil jones sale so 16m then in the last couple of days players need to be sold to buy anyone!

ive been on the rovers fans forum quite alot recently and its bloody depressing :angry:

With KK at the helm I am reassured that Liverpool will be much more of a force to be reckoned with this year. Adam is a great signing and hopefully there will be a few more. :)

liverpool will do well this season, im a fan of king kenny (for obvious reasons ;) ) now you have signed adam aswell as henderson and when gerrard comes back from injury that is going to be an immense midfield!

Arsenal HAVE to win something this year, its getting stupid. If they don't dare I say it Arsene might have to think about handing it over to someone else.

Big struggle for the clubs coming up, especially for QPR if Taarabat goes.

Chelsea are the wild card in my opinion, they could do a treble this year, I think the age of their team showed last year but expect a good three or four big signings.

All that said, I am a West Ham fan, I will close the door on the way out...

Try having nothing to spend, fans with unrealistic expectations who do NOTHING but moan and moan and moan (as well as live in the 80's) , having to probably flog off our best assets, have the Widow Twankey as your chairman and Gollum as your manager..........welcome to Goodison Park :thumbdown:

I think this could be Arsene's last year too.

QPR = quite possibly returning (to the championship)

Liverpool are my wild card although I think Fergie will do really well again

Prem isn't the Prem without West Ham

Arsenal HAVE to win something this year, its getting stupid. If they don't dare I say it Arsene might have to think about handing it over to someone else.

Big struggle for the clubs coming up, especially for QPR if Taarabat goes.

Chelsea are the wild card in my opinion, they could do a treble this year, I think the age of their team showed last year but expect a good three or four big signings.

All that said, I am a West Ham fan, I will close the door on the way out...

Makes you wonder why we all bother :headhurt:Although I understand sheep shearing in Outer Mongolia is becoming very popular :wacko:

Try having nothing to spend, fans with unrealistic expectations who do NOTHING but moan and moan and moan (as well as live in the 80's) , having to probably flog off our best assets, have the Widow Twankey as your chairman and Gollum as your manager..........welcome to Goodison Park :thumbdown:

Try being a Cardiff fan. We are great at being bottlers & running the club like a circus :#1:

are we really going to have this conversation? moyes is one of the best managers in this league. i can promise you that if you offered to swap places with any rovers fan they would shake your hand so hard it would snap off at your elbow.

we have had to sell our best players for the past few years just to stay afloat due lack of investment which has meant we have nosedived in recent years in squad quality and depth and league position. this was supposd to be the first time we were going to have investment in the squad in years and now we have been put back but at least 10 years in regards to thebackroom staff that venkys sacked and forced out. if we survive this season then it will have been by a divine intervention. :headhurt:

are we really going to have this conversation? moyes is one of the best managers in this league. i can promise you that if you offered to swap places with any rovers fan they would shake your hand so hard it would snap off at your elbow.

we have had to sell our best players for the past few years just to stay afloat due lack of investment which has meant we have nosedived in recent years in squad quality and depth and league position. this was supposd to be the first time we were going to have investment in the squad in years and now we have been put back but at least 10 years in regards to thebackroom staff that venkys sacked and forced out. if we survive this season then it will have been by a divine intervention. :headhurt:

Fairplay....you win......your shite :lol:;)

i know :(

But at least you have money to rebuild a bit :console:

We ain't got squat, 43 mortgages, no assets other than players and we'll prob end up selling Baines and Rodwell (especially as clubs will want to get their UK player quota up).

We ain't got squat, 43 mortgages, no assets other than players and we'll prob end up selling Baines and Rodwell (especially as clubs will want to get their UK player quota up).

nope no more money, venkys have apparently had enough and realised they are over there heads so are selling up so no investment according to inside sources. im praying that its false info though.

its not all rosey outside the top 6. aslong as you keep moyes im sure he will keep working miracles in the tranfer market to keep you going

nope no more money, venkys have apparently had enough and realised they are over there heads so are selling up so no investment according to inside sources. im praying that its false info though.

its not all rosey outside the top 6. aslong as you keep moyes im sure he will keep working miracles in the tranfer market to keep you going

I think this could be the year Moyes jacks it in to be honest - some of the bigger clubs will end up sniffing around him and offering a shedload of cash.......couldn't say I'd blame him if he left.

Like any good Evertonian I really only care about how badly the Redshite perform in comparison to us........the rest of the season is fairly pointless these days unless you get a good cup run.

Come on Liverpool :teeth:

One thing I'm concerned about is why we are accumulating Central Midfielders:

Gerrard

Adam

Lucas

Spearing

Aquilani

Henderson

Shelvey

Meireles

Cole

Poulsen

Very odd considering we need a CB, LB, RM, LM, CF :wacko:

Come on Liverpool :teeth:

One thing I'm concerned about is why we are accumulating Central Midfielders:

Gerrard

Adam

Lucas

Spearing

Aquilani

Henderson

Shelvey

Meireles

Cole

Poulsen

Very odd considering we need a CB, LB, RM, LM, CF :wacko:

to be fair looking on that list from Shelvey down is pretty much expected to leave and Aquilanis future is still up in the air

Im a Man Utd fan and i see it the other way for us we really need another centre mid or two!

Well it's no secret I'm a lifelong Liverpool fan, but unlike most LFC fans I'm pretty realistic and I'd be happy with Top 4. Can't really look past ManU and Chelski battling it out for the title with ManC a distant 3rd and Arsenal and Liverpool next. For the rest of the teams, except Spurs who should get 6th, their main ambitions will to be to avoid relegation. Pretty predictable and Sad really :shrug:

Pete

Well it's no secret I'm a lifelong Liverpool fan, but unlike most LFC fans I'm pretty realistic and I'd be happy with Top 4. Can't really look past ManU and Chelski battling it out for the title with ManC a distant 3rd and Arsenal and Liverpool next. For the rest of the teams, except Spurs who should get 6th, their main ambitions will to be to avoid relegation. Pretty predictable and Sad really :shrug:

Pete

+1 I'm not expecting Liverpool to challenge for the title, but it would be nice to be competitive again at least.

I do feel a little sorry for Spearing and Lucas, who were superb for the second half of the season without Gerrard, only for 'pool to bring in two more CM's....

I predict:

Chelsea

Man Utd

Liverpool

Man City

Arsenal

Spurs

Sunderland

Villa

Everton

Stoke

Fulham

Newcastle

Blackburn

West Brom

Wolves

Bolton

Wigan

Norwich

QPR

Swansea

:)

Saying that, one of the promoted trio usually has a great first season, or at least a great run to Christmas surprising everyone, out of the three QPR have the ability and spending power, depends if they hold onto their key players. Norwich I can see becoming whipping boys.

Also, I am thinking we are overplacing Sunderland in the table above, they were on a terrible run of form in the latter parts of the season and they have only invested in Wickham who is inexperienced. Expect Wolves to struggle again as well, they were lucky WHU were just so utterly poor last season to stay up.

Liverpool is a strange one, so many CM mind you Poulson is in that list, I wouldn't even class him as a footballer :lol: I still think Liverpool will finish outside the top 4...