New 350z woes :(

HI all,

New here just thought id introduce myself!

Bought a 53 reg azure 350z a month back and been loving every minute of it, well until last night. See pics below :)

33tge3s.jpg

5ahr38.jpg

nd4meu.jpg

2v27fhv.jpg

wlxapj.jpg

And finally :(

b51i1i.jpg

Someone has decided to throw a brick through my quarter panel and i mean all the way through. Any advice on that would be good :)

Also big thanx to ZMANALEX for supplying me with a hard to find part!

Cheers

That is a crazy act of mindless vandalism.

All I can suggest is report it to the police and then contact body shops for quotes before deciding whether to pay for the repair or claim off insurance.

Yeah looks like a completely random attack done in the middle of the night :(

Estimates arnt looking to good so going to have to claim for it. Thnk they have managed to hit the worst possible panel of the car!

Just hope i dont get raped by admiral on the renewel as im only 24 lol

No where else to park it really, Think i was abit unlucky as it was the only car around on my street that night and theres building work going on down the street :(

Police have been informed but thanks for the advice :thumbs:

Mate, I'd be VERY careful about claiming on the insurance. I'm with Elephant (same company as Admiral) and I made the mistake of claiming when my last car got broken into. It would've cost me about £500 to fix it all myself but the absolute BS of rental cars, respray nonsense etc made the total claim come up to around £3000 (utterly ridiculous amount) so the next year my insurance renewal practically doubled (I was 22 at the time). It's back to normal now but I would think seriously before claiming.

P.S. Nice Azure :teeth:

Man that really sucks big time. Hate people who do that, they are just jealous losers.

As someone else said, id really think before claiming of your insurance. You`ll have a large excess anyway, you`ll loose some ncb and your premium will at any rate rocket for the next 3 years or so. You are better off paying the repair shop your self.

My missus had an accident last year in her convertible, I priced the bits up and with paint they came to about 300quid tops. But, she claimed off her insurance, had a 250quid excess, repair shop charged the insurance company nearly 3000quid for the bit of work and the repair was so bad we had to send her car back 4 times and it still wasnt right. She lost 3 years ncb and when the renewal came in it was so ridiculously high we had to sell the car. Now she drives a crappy old diesel which is still costing her more to insure than her old sports car!

Welcome to the forum. :thumbs: Sorry to see that. Being a double skinned panel, interior will come out to get to it, push back out to near as possible to the correct shape and then just a slight skim over to ensure it matches the other side. Good luck and let us know how you get on. Looks a lovely Azure apart from that. :thumbs:

thanx for all the messages!

Im considering paying for this myself but im looking over a grand to have the panel replaced. I was on a budget to start with when i got the car( massivw bargain!)

As some of you guys havesaid claiming would put my insurance up considerably so fingers crossed :thumbs:

Also has anyone had experience of having things like this filled rather than replace, How did it look, cost etc

filling is alot cheaper but that is an awkward panel and > you will always be able to tell from my experience but than again I have quite a keen eye. I'm surprised there are no skins available instead of flat out replacement of the panel.

I would shop around a bit more first see what other bodyshops can offer. Also don't be affraid to go to a smaller reputable family business as the bigger bodyshops seem to want to shaft you as your work in total is less valuable opportunity than insurance jobs etc.

He doesn't live near you does he mate? :p:p;)

Welcome.

Feel for you mate, question is WHY???????????

Hope you get it sorted, and as mentioned get the police involved and get a crime ref number incase of insurance claim.

P1s5 off.............. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

He doesn't live near you does he mate? :p:p;)

Welcome.

Feel for you mate, question is WHY???????????

Hope you get it sorted, and as mentioned get the police involved and get a crime ref number incase of insurance claim.

Welcome to the club! I'm new myself too and can't imagine how i'd feel if someone had just done that to my car- i'm worried enough about getting too much dirt on the damn thing!

Have a dig around the forums and ebay, scrap yards etc (many of these advertise on ebay anyway), there must be someone with a panel and if you can then get it sprayed and fitted it should cost far less that 1k i'd hope....good luck! :thumbs: