New Z Owner - 3 minor problems so far

Hi all,

I took possesion of my first 350Z yesterday..... I have never smiled to much in my life. The car is beyond amazing.

There are however a few minor faults on it.

1) The Bose 6CD autochanger refuses to eject (or allow anything to be inserted). When I press the eject button it creates a series of clicking sounds. So I am stuck with the radio at present and tape player (Who uses tapes anymore?)

2) Braking from speed creates a lot of judder, it is fine at low speeds around town. It has 19" aftermarket allows with standard pads an discs (Not brembo). The car has been standing at a garage for amount 2 months, and the seller insists it was not like this when he locked it up. Possibility of brakes seizing up or debris on the discs\pads?

3) It also has a sat nav touch screen system, which is a very nice touch. It works well but the sound does not play through the speakers, it appears to have it's own speaker built in behind the touch screen. Bit bizarre considering the touch screen system can play video and mp3?!?!? Anyone know why this would not be playing through the stereo.

The car was first registered in 2002 in japan and hence is an import. Loving this car... Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers

Chris

:teeth:

welcome to the club :thumbs:

bose can be fixed; as said above see husky

brakes might benefit from a brake fluid change as a few good heat cycles put through them

as for the sat nav thing, sounds like a nurrish special, it possibly will play through the stero but you'll have to find the radio frequency that its broadcasting on. get it to play something continously and then slowly cycle the radio frequency and see what its set to.

:welcome: depending on your wallet there is another good fix for the Bose unit too:

1. get a screwdriver and a small lump hammer.

2. smash the Bose into little bits and dump its sad broken husk into a skip (you may wish to burn it just in case its still working).

3. buy a new head unit that will work all the time as opposed to when it feels like it.

The 'Bose Hack' that Husky can help you with so an Ipod can be played through it is pretty smart though.

Thanks all for the replys. I am tempted to get a hammer to it, there ae some nice double din cd players going for £130 in halfords at the moment.

Popped over the the local Nissan dealer on Saturday and discussed costs

£1200 for new discs and pads all round (He quoted for Brembo but I believe imports dont have brembos)

£300 for spark plug change???????

£500 for a P3 service

Do these seem about right?

Also where would be the cheapest place to get a new key cut for the Z? The owner only had one key, so I need to get another cut. Nissan quoted £250 :-(

Cheers