The apprentice..is this really Britains finest?

garetgax

Is it me or are half the people on this program complete and utter dimwits with about as much common sense as my left bollock? How on earth have these people got through the selction process? I mean comments like "everyone in paris uses the metro and no-one has cars in france" "do the french like their kids?" "I cant see why anyone would want a kids booster seat that doubles up as a rucksack.....wouldnt they leave it in the car".........."we think a teapot light would be a better idea"..."do people in france drive cars?" :lol: .

My god I thought I had no sense but with this lot in the room I think I might come out as proverbial einstein ;)

I dont watch it any more, seems to be people (twats) picked to make controversial/ratings TV. Besides how many of the past winners are still working for His royal sugar-ness.... er none.

Just another crappy reality show. Would rather dremmel my own testicles off :lol:

[sanding attachment only... to make it more fun ].............if that floats your boat may I suggest the wire attachment then :lol:

Always open to suggestions :thumbs: Perhaps I will stop half way through for a pure vinegar based gentleman's wash :scare:

I agree, the show is full of vacuous, self serving, back stabbing bell ends (All very un-British)

What amazes me, is how confident they are of their bullshit. If this is an "Insight" into how big business is run, its no wonder, we are in such economic strife.

I watched one episode, the first one, nothing since then. My wife also watched something on the TV about the selection process for it and one of the producers was being quite honest in the fact that they select entertainers before serious business people. They are there to be made fun of.

Lets not kid ourselves, its reality TV with the twist being a boardroom setting, nothing else nothing more.

What is more concerning is the message it sends out, people who are not in office environments actually believe this is how it all works. That being a bulldozer and a complete tit coupled with treating your team like idiots is the way to succeed in business. My wife watched another episode last night, she is a very experienced people management trainer and coach and coached CEOs of huge global corporations, bigger corporations than Mr Sugars I might add. She thought Alan Sugar's behaviour as a role model was disgusting and like something out of the 80s 'buy buy sell sell' culture.

As I say, watched one episode, saw through the whole thing as the joke it was, never bothered again. I mean, he has Karen Brady as an assistant, what an utter incompetent she is at West Ham...but that's somewhat off topic and wont go there.

I have spent most of the last year in London working with many large company's, and these "business" types are everywhere, they walk in to receptions with their todger in one hand and a ruler in the other, giving it the big I am. They are rude to the receptionists, rude about the client they are just about to meet... for the first time. And they think that this sort of behaviour is ok.......... W@nk3rs.

One bloke today was shouting at a secretary because HE got the meeting date wrong and the client was on holiday. She did however give him what for and sent him packing with his tail between his legs :lol:

I am just glad I work in a technical world, not with these sales monkeys :#1:

I like it TBH ,,, maybe i have fallen for the con :doh:

Nothing like watching a complete tit who thinks there fantastic, fall flat on there arse. Did you see that silly Cow doing market research in the Train station, asking people how french people travel :doh:

One thing i have noticed the women seem better than the lads,, :thumbdown:

Dont think i've ever seen one contestant on the Apprentice that I would ever give a job too. In my opinion all there good for is poking holes in the top of Scotch pies or working as Medical sales Reps!

By the way whats the best use of a Dremmel that you have ever seen? I recently observed one being used during a Post mortem examination, to cut through cranial bones. :scare:

I watched one episode, the first one, nothing since then. My wife also watched something on the TV about the selection process for it and one of the producers was being quite honest in the fact that they select entertainers before serious business people. They are there to be made fun of.

Surely they can find more entertaining people as well :lol:

By the way whats the best use of a Dremmel that you have ever seen? I recently observed one being used during a Post mortem examination, to cut through cranial bones. :scare:

Did you watch that for a laugh...... or were you forced?

Now I dont mind blood and gore in films....because its not real, but televised operations/autopsy's I cant cope with :scare:

Did you watch that for a laugh...... or were you forced?

Now I dont mind blood and gore in films....because its not real, but televised operations/autopsy's I cant cope with :scare:

I work in a hospital and I often have to visit the mortuary. On one occassion I walked in unannounced :thumbdown:

I now phone in advance! ;)

I also actually like the Apprentice and find it really entertaining. There are always gonna be the same sort of people applying, people who think they are great at business and have huge ego's. The thing is no one will have skills in every aspect of business and its when these people find them self in uncomfortable situations that they panic and thats where the fun starts. I think there are some good characters again this year but Helen will win all the way, heck she made a sale of £214,000 in this weeks show, thats gonna get you noticed. I felt sorry for the guy who was fired this week, he couldnt speak French and was paired with someone who loves the sound of her own voice and she just took over, he didnt stand a chance.