Time to move on

maxi-glasgow

Bought my 54 plate Kuro 350Z from Belfast in March 2009 and never thought I would ever be in this position of moving on, but the day will come on Wednesday when I am due to pick up my new car, fingers crossed there are no hold ups as getting a bit excited now..

Have to say this is the very first owners forum I have ever been on which I have no intention of leaving, everyone is so nice and you always get a good laugh when you have a little break in the day and see whats happening.

Everyone has been so helpful and made some friends.

Big thanks to Alex for the passenger ride round knockhill, never forget it and also for the bonnet and advice you gave when asked.

Big thanks to the countless number of people who I have pm'd during my time here and never once ignored me when I kept asking questions.

So whats the new car?

Get some better photo's when I pick her up but these will do for now.

jagfront.jpg

jagback.jpg

jagdash.jpg

jagseats.jpg

Its a Jaguar XKR 4.2 Carbon Fibre Limited Edition of which there are only 50 Coupes in the UK. Think it has every available optional extra added and I am now counting the hours to pick it up.

Decided to keep my Northern Ireland number plate, not because it means anything but it hides the age of the car so just waiting on the dealer transferring it over and dealing with everything for me.

The dealer was probably one of the best I have ever dealt with and without doubt by far the best buying experience I have ever had. He even gave me a full 6 month full parts and labour warranty with it. And the car has a full Jaguar main dealer service history and all in the one garage in Scotland since new.

I will be back on in the next few days as I will have a D1 Spec Throttle Controller, Summit Strut Brace and full set of standard wheels and good tyres to sell for very reasonable prices ;)

Nice looking car B)

Although what's with all this XK business.... are people growing old too soon?

Heck I'm 37 does that mean in a few short years I'm going to be driving a Jag. Not that I disslike them, it's just I don't think I'm ready for that cup of coffee just yet?

Oh man I'm dreading hitting 40!!

Oh man I'm dreading hitting 40!!

Why? I am 47 and Colin :wheelchair: and ChrisS :wheelchair: are older than the hills, yet we still like to have our bit of fun and still do ;)

Thought you had missed that decade out Ian - it was looking that way as your engine got pulled apart in Wales :p

As for this old man I am really getting tempted by the R8's (before I can't bend that low to get in)

really good choice B):thumbs: and a nice spec as well, those recaro's are as rare as rocking horse poop. a very nice find :thumbs:

if it helps at all i now have access to JTIS at home which is Jaguars Complete workshop manual and service guide. has everything from all the DTC codes, to the BCM diagrams, and full service sections and how to dismantle stuff. its the exact system the Jaguar technician would use if they were working on your car in a Jag garage.

i've also found that if you have an android based smart phone that the App called torque paired with a generic Bluetooth OBDII reader reads all the codes etc.

so if you need anything i can give you part numbers etc and i am already building a selection of good independent supplies for well priced parts.

you'll really like it when you get it, and the supercharger is addictive. :teeth: