Sorry, we cant service your car!

brown7758

Just had a phone call from Chorley Nissan in Chorley :(

''We are sorry Mr Brown, but we cant fit your car on the ramps because of the lower bodywork you have'' (I have Nismo front and sides and V-Side rear..)

this has now left me between a rock and a hard place as Im going to Melton Mowbray on Saturday to start a course on Monday..

Gutted, wanted to get her back nice and refreshed to go back down south..

Is this a common problem with after-market kits and main dealers garages?

going to phone Preston, Wigan and Bolton and see what they say :bang:

Is your car lowered then? seems a bit silly that they cant fit a car which basically has factory option bumpers on it. Ive personally never had any problems with getting my car on ramps and my kits sticks out a long way at the front. I wonder what sort of lifts they have, probably only a 2 post lift which cant get under the side skirts. Why not find a garage in Melton Mowbray that can do your car whilst your on your course.

I had that problem at a garage but they drove the car onto some wooden slats and hey presto enough ground clearance.

Thats far too clever for Nissan! It is the obvious answer though, but does rely on them having a couple of planks ...

Just been to pick her up,

shes its not lowered but should have mentioned the kit really :blush: could have saved at least some hassle and meant i could have called around the other Chorley Nissan places.. they seemed nice enough and apologetic enough (probably because im walking away with the £365 still in my pocket :p)

they said they do have a ramp set up that would enable the service but theres a van on there with the suspension and gearbox dropped and wont be sorted untill tomorrow night..

my plan is to have a look in Melton for a suitable garage, but i may wait and send her in the Leicester or Nottingham direction..

lesson learned for the future though :dummy:

I have kit and lowered, trying to get the alignment done was a nightmare, it took 30 minutes to get the car on the ramp!!

I might stop off at Nissan first to pick up a couple of planks first! :lol:

I'm lowered and the MOT inspector said "If that won't go over the jacks I cant MOT it"

Cleared by a fag paper literally :scare:

Even better I took mine into Nissan yesterday to enquire about an ECU reset (the pedal thing did not work may be the piggy back ECU stopping it?)

It goes like this -

Nissan - "Sorry sir but you have after market parts fitted that is why the light is on"

Me - "The light is on after we changed the decats/cats 3 times at the MOT Station"

Nissan - "I'm sorry sir but we think its the after market parts we don't know if we can read your ECU with the piggy back ECU"

Me - "Can you try it and see what it says?"

Nissan - "No"

Drive over to Mike Stokes - local garage,

Me - "Can you check my ECU I have an engine light on, it may not work as I have aftermarket parts and a piggy back ECU"

Mike Stokes Mechanic - "Well lets plug it in and have a look"

Drink my complimentary cup of coffee ... before I finished it....

Mike Stokes Mechanic - "No problem sir it had a warning for the cat on bank 1. Have you done anything to the zorst or caught it on a speed bump etc?"

Me - "Yes changed the zorst etc etc" :blush:

Mike Stokes Mechanic - "That will do it, I've reset it and it hasn't come back on, keep an eye on it."

Me - "Thanks very much what do I owe you?"

Mike Stokes Mechanic - "Nothing Sir only took 5 minutes"

I do know the owner Mr Stokes but come on Nissan really!! :rant:

The fact anyone takes their 350z to a Nissan garage when it's out of warranty still amazes me. Why do it?

Well in my case for 2 reasons 1. I thought they would have the ability to reset the ECU and 2. my next door neighbour is the servicing manager for the Toyota garage the same group also owns the Nissan dealership so I was after something for nothing (in this case an ECU reset) :blush:

At least I can still get her to sort my Toyota Hilux - full Toyota main dealer service history you know :lol:

The fact anyone takes their 350z to a Nissan garage when it's out of warranty still amazes me. Why do it?

Well in my case for 2 reasons 1. I thought they would have the ability to reset the ECU and 2. my next door neighbour is the servicing manager for the Toyota garage the same group also owns the Nissan dealership so I was after something for nothing (in this case an ECU reset) :blush:

At least I can still get her to sort my Toyota Hilux - full Toyota main dealer service history you know :lol:

freebee/discount win :yahoo:

Imagine how they cope when someone brings a Nissan GTR in? They would probably say, 'that is not a Nissan Sir' :lol:

Thanks for that I now have have tea over my keyboard sort of laugh sneeze thing :thumbs::lol:

Imagine how they cope when someone brings a Nissan GTR in? They would probably say, 'that is not a Nissan Sir' :lol:

Thanks for that I now have have tea over my keyboard sort of laugh sneeze thing :thumbs::lol:

Does it still work ok? A couple of years ago my keyboard met with a bottle of Bacardi Breezer.............................yup, it died but what a way to go :lol:

don't they have a flat bed MOT ramp?

not had a look in the servicing bay,

but ive been on the phone again to them and they are going to get the service done Saturday morning...

providing that they get the new clutch and fly in for the van thats clogging the ramp. :headhurt:

heres hoping :wacko:

whilst im going on about it, what would be a rough price for 6 platinum Spark plugs and fitting (its an additional £160 on top of the £201 for the service from there..)

they also have an awesome GM '60' plate 370z in there for £27,000 :thumbs:

don't they have a flat bed MOT ramp?

not had a look in the servicing bay,

but ive been on the phone again to them and they are going to get the service done Saturday morning...

providing that they get the new clutch and fly in for the van thats clogging the ramp. :headhurt:

heres hoping :wacko:

whilst im going on about it, what would be a rough price for 6 platinum Spark plugs and fitting (its an additional £160 on top of the £201 for the service from there..)

they also have an awesome GM '60' plate 370z in there for £27,000 :thumbs:

You are paying a £100 to have them fitted then! :scare:

Does it still work ok? A couple of years ago my keyboard met with a bottle of Bacardi Breezer.............................yup, it died but what a way to go :lol:

LOL

Yes its fine thanks but please refrain from making funny comments in a serious thread :teeth::lol:

:ohmy::pinch:

WTF do they think it takes to change spark plugs :S

dont know what to do, need them done and the next 2 months is Hectic..

may have to do it and again, just live and learn :wacko:

Mine is lowered and the arms on a normal lift wouldn't pass the sideskirts. All the mechanic did was jack it up a bit using a trolley jack and that allowed him to get the arms under, repeat for other side and voila. Planks are easier though.

Depending on where you live, thats 1-1.5hrs of labour they are charging which is right for Nissan times. The problem is their manual tells them to remove loads of stuff you really dont need to, like the plenum, which an inderpendant wouldnt do. You can get away with leaving most of the stuff on and just shoving it out of the way to access the plugs.

Depending on where you live, thats 1-1.5hrs of labour they are charging which is right for Nissan times. The problem is their manual tells them to remove loads of stuff you really dont need to, like the plenum, which an inderpendant wouldnt do. You can get away with leaving most of the stuff on and just shoving it out of the way to access the plugs.

Ditto to the above. The service manual basically tells you to disassemble the engine but all you need to do is remove a couple of hose brackets to get at the plugs. Did mine a couple of months ago and took an hour tops, got the plugs from zmanalex on the forums.