My life without my Zed.....better?

chrisjones6699

So I had to sell my Zed at the start of the year due to work circumstances and I would like to tell you guys about life without my Zed.

I now have a rubbish little polo and I couldn't care less about it...... And it's refreshing! I'm not worrying about it being scratched when I leave it in a car park, I'm not watching how close I am to the curb, I'm not worrying about petrol prices (that's a lie!) because it doesn't cost me the better part of £100 to fill the tank, I'm not looking to make the polo look even better, I'm not cleaning every other day, I don't care about my girlfriend leaving a crisp packet in the car and I'm not getting any grief for caring so much about a car!

So it sounds like I'm enjoying life without the Zed......ahhhhhhh no! Why am I on here every day looking at Zeds for sale, why do I not care about selling the GTR alloys I have sat in the attic and why am I so miserable owning a polo???

I have tried my best not to come on this forum since selling up and I have not been that active because I have tried my best to go cold turkey! The truth of the matter is that I enjoy coming on here, there are some amazing characters here and my only regret in not being able to attend any of the meets in my Zed ownership period and meet you guys!

I fancied a V8 next but you know what? I want another Zed! My girlfriend will not be happy!! :lol:

I'm in exactly the same position. I sold my Zed this time last year and have missed it ever since. I bought a mini cooper s jcw to try and get over it but it just wasn't the same, so I sold it after owning it for just 5 months. I'm now currently looking for another zed and have been since selling the mini, it won't be long now, I have an immaculate set of LMGT4's 19" just itching to be put on a zed. :D

DO IT get another one. :thumbs:

I know what you mean Chris - I've been using my diesel clio most of the time lately as I get over 500 miles to around £55. The zed has just been sitting in the garage and I really started to think I was losing interest and thought it may be best to just sell both cars and get a 'reasonable looking' diesel. BUT after quite a while without driving it, I got it out the other day, gave it a good clean and went for a drive - dilemma over............I just love driving it. I will be using the clio next time i go to Belper though so I won't need a safe parking space you will be relieved to know!

Do it and keep the polo as a shed, use the Z at weekends or special occasions.

Best of both worlds.

I wish I could do that sometimes. I'm really not looking forward to driving the Zed in winter. I just can't afford to run a shed. My insurance is pretty high and to tax another vehicle.

Best of both worlds.

I wish I could do that sometimes. I'm really not looking forward to driving the Zed in winter. I just can't afford to run a shed. My insurance is pretty high and to tax another vehicle.

Zed is fine in the winter, you've got heated seats and the big V6 warms up fast on those cold mornings. You just appreciate those dry warmer days all the more.

Everything you describe about your polo my shed car is, it's awesome if i need to go to BnQ or leave it in a town centre overnight somewhere. I even let people use the bonnet as a picnic table at lunch time in sunny weather.

then I still have the zed, and it's even better to drive when you have been driving a shed most of the time.

PS: I think lads night might end up being July :)

Everything you describe about your polo my shed car is, it's awesome if i need to go to BnQ or leave it in a town centre overnight somewhere. I even let people use the bonnet as a picnic table at lunch time in sunny weather.

then I still have the zed, and it's even better to drive when you have been driving a shed most of the time.

PS: I think lads night might end up being July :)

Bout time

Best of both worlds.

Zed is fine in the winter, you've got heated seats and the big V6 warms up fast on those cold mornings. You just appreciate those dry warmer days all the more.

I'm more worried about the inevitable 6" snow on the roads the council told us they will be prepared for lol:cold: :doh:.

I have had my zed over 3 years and want something else :blush: . I drive a 10 plate 1.3 dt corsa as my every day car and it is great. The last 6 months i have become board of the nissan and looked at a X5, my mate has one, Renault megane RS, nice to have a newer car ect......... but i have found a problem :wacko:

I was not using the zed enough and the last couple of weeks I have taken it to work and taken it out in the rain :scare::scare: amazing car and massive looks. went to asda the other day and walking back to my zed, god it looks B)B)B)

nothing else imo comes close to it for all round $$$$$$$$$$$$

Bottom line is this thread is exactly what i needed to read chaps :thumbs::thumbs:

Haha I had a 2003 fairlady which I crashed, got 11k for it and bought a little type r, didn't give a @*!# about it too and only last week after 1 year without a zed I gave in!

Bought a 2008 hr zed and loving everything about it

Zed for life for me

Ive always drove hot hatches, astra vxr etc. I had a knee operation in february (ACL reconstruction). Surgeon told me not to drive etc for a few months! Anyway I sold my Astra VXR and bought my wife and son, who had just past his test a new corsa 1.2 sxi.

When I started driving again the Corsa was fine, but I just missed having something a bit sporty. I had always wanted another two seater but as my circumstances would not allow it, I had to compromise. Now we have the corsa I could buy exactly what I wanted.

After looking at all he usual stuff (Z4, S2000 etc) my brother suggested a 350Z. So thats what I bought and I instantly thought what have I been missing!

Ive had alot of nice cars in the past but they have all been a compromise. The Zed is the first car that ive bought that is for one purpose alone! :teeth:

if i'm really honest.. and i know people might frown on this.... but i don't miss my zed at all, a great car yes :thumbs: but i've had more fun in the S2000, and more comfort in the jag.

i never looked back at the zed when i sold it, but i felt quiet sad when i sold the S2k, same as when i sold my old MR2 roadster and pug GTi6

i think what i'm getting at is that there is life after Zed ;)

if i'm really honest.. and i know people might frown on this.... but i don't miss my zed at all, a great car yes :thumbs: but i've had more fun in the S2000, and more comfort in the jag.

i never looked back at the zed when i sold it, but i felt quiet sad when i sold the S2k, same as when i sold my old MR2 roadster and pug GTi6

i think what i'm getting at is that there is life after Zed ;)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and view, thats the great thing about a forum :thumbs:

Now **** off you Datsun hating heathen :p