Price of 350z hit with high petrol prices?

zcomputer5

I have been looking for a 350z but the price I can get one for seems to be falling and they are over a grand below car valuation websites trade prices! I firstly found a GT 7k 54 plate 65k miles (no tax 8 months mot FSH), I have now found one on an 04 plate for 6.5k with 6 months tax and years mot FSH and 67k miles.

Do people agree that people are put off from buy a zed due to the rise in petrol prices?

Insurance companies taking the piddle and £95 a tank.......its fairly inevitable. Bear in mind there are going to be some right dogs out there for that kind of money though.

Because of the minor bump we were involved in this year that was NOT our fault our insurance is pushed up by £200!!!!!!!!!!! £200 for minding your own business and being hit by some mongtard.........insurance companies are the absolute personification of whats wrong with the world and why amazing cars like this are changing hands for money like that. :#1::thumbdown:

Insurance companies taking the piddle and £95 a tank.......its fairly inevitable. Bear in mind there are going to be some right dogs out there for that kind of money though.

Because of the minor bump we were involved in this year that was NOT our fault our insurance is pushed up by £200!!!!!!!!!!! £200 for minding your own business and being hit by some mongtard.........insurance companies are the absolute personification of whats wrong with the world and why amazing cars like this are changing hands for money like that. :#1::thumbdown:

+1 insurance companys get away with murder! they are thieves. i recently got charged £60 to cancel a policy because they wouldnt insure my girlfriend for business use. also been charged £25 before to fax a copy of my insurance certificate to a garage when i was buying a car a few years back. :rant:

my current insurer would not insure my new car, but would start me a new policy and i would keep £507 of what i had already spent on insurance and charge me an extra £250 for the new policy. but if i cancelled i only got back £369 apparentl for a canellation fee and admin fee. :dry: i won't be using adrian flux ever again. i cancelled and went back to admiral, i don't know why i left them, they have been very good to me the last 4 years.

as for prices they are coming down, but i think there is a limit to how far they will go.

i moved away from adrian flux after 2 years with them when i bought the zed.mainly because of thier ridiculous admin fees for changing one policy over to another for 3 weeks. :bang:

i am sure they make it up as they go along...... :rant:

admiral insurance for me as well. :D

Adrian Flux. :thumbdown:

Robbing ba****ds,insured a fiesta turbo years ago with them only to get a phone call a month into the policy saying the postcode was wrong and they would have to increase my policy.This wasn't a mistake they did exactly the same with my uncle.

To cancel would have cost me a third of what I had paid.

Adrian Flux. :thumbdown:

Robbing ba****ds,insured a fiesta turbo years ago with them only to get a phone call a month into the policy saying the postcode was wrong and they would have to increase my policy.This wasn't a mistake they did exactly the same with my uncle.

To cancel would have cost me a third of what I had paid.

Didn't you check the details when the documents were sent through?

Do people agree that people are put off from buy a zed due to the rise in petrol prices?

It's not just The Zed, anything that does 20-25 mpg has dropped in value much more than we could have all expected in the last 12 months or so. Look at it this way, the Zed owner who does 10k per annum, averaging 25mpg, is paying about £280 a year more for petrol and prices of Zed's have probably dropped 1.5-2.0k faster than previously so right now they're really good value for money. But yeah, you're right, prices speak for themselves.

Pete

do we not think petrol will come back down? I may be being naive but ive been driving for 10 years and petrol goes up then comes down then goes up then comes down. Why wont that happen this time?

It might drop a few pence but with inflation rising, everything else including petrol will go up!

The "Petrol will never get cheaper" thing is repeated often but history proves this to be false. Remember in 2008 when it hit £1.30/l then dropped to 85p/l within about 5 months, then took the best part of 3 years to get to where we are now. There are loads of factors that control the price of petrol, none of which most drivers can do anything about, so they tend to look at the current prices and panic, trade in their cars for a diesel shoebox, and ignore the fact that extra few K that the diesel cost could have fuelled their old car for several years.

The "Petrol will never get cheaper" thing is repeated often but history proves this to be false. Remember in 2008 when it hit £1.30/l then dropped to 85p/l within about 5 months, then took the best part of 3 years to get to where we are now. There are loads of factors that control the price of petrol, none of which most drivers can do anything about, so they tend to look at the current prices and panic, trade in their cars for a diesel shoebox, and ignore the fact that extra few K that the diesel cost could have fuelled their old car for several years.

nice one mate, that was the time i was trying to remember but couldnt. I was working 100 miles from home at the time and fuel was costing me a fortune almost traded my car in at the time but held off and then like you say it decreased pretty rapidly

No chance the price only dropped off due to the recession and the reduced demand for the black stuff.

Now China and India are fully back up and running the sky high price for oil will remain and as such so will the £6.50/gallon petrol prices.

I'm never selling my zed its not worth the loss.

I'm getting a second car and going FI.......eventually ............. when I've saved enough. :drive1