Car restoration project?

stuarty

I'd love to do a good old Peugeot 205 GTi.........................

Makes me feel old all this talk of classic cars and people are saying about manta`s and 205gtis. I remember when they were brand new!!! In my day a classic car was anything pre 1980`s!

Id expect stuff like 205 gti`s to still hold their money, they used to be really popular for hillclimbs and rallys so there was a lot of bits around. I still see the odd gti floating about here & there. I remember buying a 1988 1.9 gti for 850quid around 10 years ago, when at the time they were selling for £2500. It needed some accident repair work which I did, then drove it for a year before selling it for £2400. Not a bad car, very rev`y and quick throttle response, sounded ace with janspeed exhaust. The mad lumpy idle did take a lot of getting used to and you`d kangaroo along in slow traffic. Personally I preferred the Renault 5 GT Turbo - ive had about 4 of them, but you really have to know them inside out before you buy one as there's loads of bad ones out there where owners just dont know the cars well enough to look after them.

Ive always fancied a mk1 cortina....

the beetle scene is huge, i like the idea of building a porsche beetle.

Theres a few on youtube with suburu wrx engines in them which look interesting!. Beetles were expensive when I was a kid, and I think they are probably even more expensive now tho.

Ooh good call :) Or an early Audi Quattro.

All these cars mentioned so far have been targets of resto's on Wheeler Dealers - I recommend it to awaken your inner greasemonkey and get fired up for some spanner work!

Don't know If you fancy something 80's? What about an Opel Manta?

opel_manta_i.jpg

I used to like those, god knows why as they're freaking ugly!

my dad used to have one, it was white with a green interior.

hateful, hateful car!

ive never him as happy as when that was stolen :teeth: