Back in a Zed again (Update and pics p3)

Keyser

Awesome car and I remember seriously drooling over the original advert. Had I not bought my zed already (for a lot more than this one was up for sale) then id have been seriously tempted to snatch it up.

Bet you cant wait to get it on the road!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great to see the Zed stay on the forum (all owners since new have been Zed forum members)and I know its gonna be with a guy thats gonna look after it like it should.

I'm really gonna miss it - especially at track days where it made me look good -

here's some more

whats the next mod? I would get rid of the utec and get an uprev tune :thumbs:

Enquires have already been made about that :)

Also contemplating a few other things although I may have to restrain myself for a month or so :surrender: but I really want to get some drive time in.

In for MOT today mechanically it was spot on Steady had supplied 2 new rear drop links as he thought they would need replacing for the MOT (Top Bloke :thumbs: ) but it only had 3 advisories from the MOT it failed on emissions but it was late tonight we had just fitted the high flow cats and the feeling is that with the cats warmed up properly it will pass , if not I have a nice new set of Berks HFC's to bolt on.

Advisories were

1. Non standard size wheels fitted.

2. Non standard size tyres fitted.

3. Rear drop link (not failed but advised only)

The best bit was the brakes - he wouldn't put it on the rollers because of the diff so he used a decelerometer when I asked how they were he said it read 100% B)

I'll let you know how it goes.

Why did you get an advisory for non standard wheels and tyres :wacko:

I'm not too sure mate, There was a rub mark on one wheel from the arch he just said he was putting it down because they were "summer track tyres and had some small marks" he did also say they were perfectly legal and nothing to worry about - I think hes covering himself in case anything happens, can't say I mind he's a nice bloke and let me wander around and under the Zed while it was on the ramp he also gave everything a quick once over for me and even adjusted the headlights as they were a little low.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Back :yahoo::yahoo:

Dave you can't call me Keyless now :D

All Taxed, MOT'd, insured and good to go. :drive1

Couple of mods and some Tarmac parts added by myself this evening with the assistance of Buster (Thanks Mate :thumbs: )

Some new smoked rear lights

5.jpg

4.jpg

Nice new carbon bonnet dampers

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

(Turn your head I forgot to rotate the pic before upload,

Nice new Mat

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

and new Carbon door mirroirs

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

O and a pen :lol:

My Daughter took this and said I had to post it ..

IMG_1161.jpg

Got a few more things planned but just happy to be driving her at the moment.

you got the other lights for sale? pm me :thumbs:

how is she to drive now when you got her proper on the road :teeth:

Sorry the lights were a swap so no spares :wacko:

Scary, quick and bloody awesome - to drive that is :thumbs:

We are still getting to know each other but for the moment at least my limits seem well short of what can be delivered!

Going to try and book the track Day that Captain posted about tonight, I really want to put her on a track see what happens with my foot down in 3rd! :lol:

you got the other lights for sale? pm me :thumbs:

how is she to drive now when you got her proper on the road :teeth:

Sorry the lights were a swap so no spares :wacko:

Scary, quick and bloody awesome - to drive that is :thumbs:

We are still getting to know each other but for the moment at least my limits seem well short of what can be delivered!

Going to try and book the track Day that Captain posted about tonight, I really want to put her on a track see what happens with my foot down in 3rd! :lol:

I'll be right behind you filming it. :thumbs:

Looks like there will be a lot of that. You never said you were s/c on the other thread........... :rant::lol:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=50352

light swop was down to me :teeth:

worked out well for both of us as i wanted the red leds and keyser needed to make his own mark on his new purchase.

to be honest i personally think they work better against the gun metal paint work then my sunset + i needed a change :yahoo:

was luck enough to get a ride in the zed tonite after fitting the new bits with keyser.well he passed the tools :lol:;) i need the work :teeth:

my god does this thing move.in the wrong hands i think you could loss your licence very quickly. ;)

sounds awesome.

i know keyser has got more planned so i am sure i ll be called upon again to help out. :p

worked out well for both of us as i wanted the red leds and keyser needed to make his own mark on his new purchase.

to be honest i personally think they work better against the gun metal paint work then my sunset + i needed a change :yahoo:

was luck enough to get a ride in the zed tonite after fitting the new bits with keyser.well he passed the tools :lol:;) i need the work :teeth:

my god does this thing move.in the wrong hands i think you could loss your licence very quickly. ;)

sounds awesome.

i know keyser has got more planned so i am sure i ll be called upon again to help out. :p

was luck enough to get a ride in the zed tonite after fitting the new bits with keyser.well he passed the tools :lol:;) i did the work :teeth:

my god does this thing move.in the wrong hands i think you could lose your licence very quickly. ;)

sounds awesome.

................ after fitting the new bits with keyser.well he passed the tools :lol:;) i did the work :teeth:

Bit harsh mate........... I held the bonnet up while you fitted the dampers as well :lol::p

Nice to see you enjoying the Zed Chris and good to see its still in the hands of an enthusiast - thats 4 straight Zed forum members from when this Zed was brand new now.

Enjoy the trackday - that Zed really comes into its own on track - the Teins (don't forget the EDFC damper settings ), Nismo ARBs, PF discs and DS2500pads, JWT clutch & flywheel, R888's and Kaaz diff (turn off traction control) are particularly effective not to mind the SC's considerable extra power - however as per Anders keep an eye on the oil temps - my next mod was gonna be an oil cooler - bring her in on a cooldown lap once it hits 120 degrees.You'll never see high oil temps on the road but on track a thermostatic oil cooler would be important for any extended running.

Nice to see you enjoying the Zed Chris and good to see its still in the hands of an enthusiast - thats 4 straight Zed forum members from when this Zed was brand new now.

Enjoy the trackday - that Zed really comes into its own on track - the Teins (don't forget the EDFC damper settings ), Nismo ARBs, PF discs and DS2500pads, JWT clutch & flywheel, R888's and Kaaz diff (turn off traction control) are particularly effective not to mind the SC's considerable extra power - however as per Anders keep an eye on the oil temps - my next mod was gonna be an oil cooler - bring her in on a cooldown lap once it hits 120 degrees.You'll never see high oil temps on the road but on track a thermostatic oil cooler would be important for any extended running.

Thanks mate :thumbs:

I don't use traction control any more :blush: Strart car turn of Traction - I get the TC light on the dash at low speed tight turns if I leave it on and she has such good grip on the R888's it's not been a problem. I found out last night that a mate of mine is now a Toyo importer/distributer so that's handy :) I was fixing his PC and asked as he had an email address of info@toyo888.net (bit of give away) :lol: He did say order early 888's are like hens teeth! :surrender:

Mod wise - after some research -I'm getting quotes sorted to remove the UTEC and have an uprev remap (with Berks HFC due to the law change next year) and the addition of an oil cooler, we are also looking at changing the SC Pulley arangement to further reduce slip, or a bit of work with a dremmel :scare: to stop the belt rubbing when the pinch rollers are adjusted all the way.

Will let you all know how the Track day goes and I'm sure when Captain goes flying past (he knows the track) he will be posting Vids of it for months!

Still looking at video cameras for me at the moment - just worried as I was told Castle Combe do not allow sucker type mounts anymore?

:thumbs: