Loving the 350z

Afternoon all.

I pick up my 350z last sat and have been having a blast this week, very pleased with it and a joy to drive. :yahoo:

It is however about 6 years old and nearly at 53K miles. I'm guessing with time and wear it's not putting out the same amount of horses it once did. :blush:

Any sugestions / recomendations to help restore / immprove the bhp?

Air Intake, intake and exhaust, remap etc......

I'll admit I'm new to modding, but am a pretty comptent engineer, so happy to do most things myself.

Which also bring me on to brake pads! These will need replacing soon and rather than using stock ones, I'd like something with a little more bite. EBC reds or yellows?

Any thoughts / comments freatly apreciated.

Roll on a sunny weekend for some cruising. :)

Cheers

Jacko

Welcome to the forum,

Not sure about the sunny weather this weekend, apparently it's meant to rain. Bad times :thumbdown:

Brake pads: Most people seem to go for Ferodo DS2500 pads as these work brillianty with both the OEM brembo rotors as well as aftermarket rotors e.g. DBA. These can all be bought from Zmanalex :yahoo: . I did mine a few weeks back and they are very good indeed. The best thing about them is they leave very little brake dust on the rims, which makes cleaning them a hell of a lot easier.

Glad you're enjoying the car dude. :drive1

Oh, also :worthless:

Will

I'll let others advise on modding. i'd steer well clear of EBC. Not everyone mut a few, myself included, have had problems with the quality of their stuff. I'd go for Ferrodo pads and DBA discs. They seem to have won universal praise from all that use them.

I'll let others advise on modding. i'd steer well clear of EBC. Not everyone mut a few, myself included, have had problems with the quality of their stuff. I'd go for Ferrodo pads and DBA discs. They seem to have won universal praise from all that use them.

Great minds...

Hi,

Thanks for the welcomes and speedy replies. :)

Thanks for the pad and disk info, most apreciated. Ferrodo and DBA it is then, award winning is a good thing!

Erm, I only have the one pic, waiting to give it a good valet before I get snap happy, but here she is....

Okay, how do I insert a pic?? New to this forum stuff!! :blush:

Cheers

Jacko

Welcome :wave:

You can either upload it to a photo bucket account and link to it or use the "attach file" just below where you type replies :thumbs:

I think there is a thread about attaching files in the forum section

:welcome: plenum spacer is usually the first, quickest and cheapest way to round up some ponies........or you could use your engineering skills to forge a turbo out of a block of metal ;):lol:

Roll on a sunny weekend for some cruising. :)

I do hope you mean

350zSmall-L.jpg

and not.......

hate_chav_car.jpg

Evening all,

Thanks for the help and info, brilliant. May pass on forging my own turbo though! :D

I'll have a look in to the Plenum spacer too.

Photo to follow, wrong computer at the moment! :thumbdown:

Have a good weekend and let hope the rain stays away!

Jacko